Home

Any good blocking Tight Ends?

This is a discussion on Any good blocking Tight Ends? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-27-2010, 01:16 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Any good blocking Tight Ends?

im looking for a good blocking Tight End for my west coast system or at least a good balanced one.

cuz i really dont want a Antonio gates (reciever like, can catch but can't block) or a Kyle Brady (can block, but can't catch or beat linebackers)

a true balanced tight end. is there any?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2010, 02:13 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: Any good blocking Tight Ends?

What draft path? English, for example, has several.
Old 03-27-2010, 03:55 PM   #3
Rookie

yes, English
Old 03-27-2010, 04:30 PM   #4
Pro

There's at least one in each of the first three English drafts. You can check out my draft guides for high POT Balanced TEs, since that's how I make'em.

Another way to tell: any of the TEs that have a positive narration with them as the draft goes by? Studly.

I don't know how much spoilage you want, or how much is appropriate outside of those other threads, but the information is pretty easy to find.
Old 03-27-2010, 06:23 PM   #5
Rookie

go ahead and give me a few spoilers cuz the only tight ends i know in the draft that are good is Drew Goldman and the kellen winslow clone and they are only Receiver like
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2010, 07:53 PM   #6
Pro

Well, Drew is one of the better balanced TEs you'll see. If he's not good enough as a blocker for you, you may need to re-examine your standards (and your sliders).

I'm working with Drew now in a preseason: RBL 60, RBS 75 and RBF 81 are all better than average, and the latter two are in the top 20 and top five of active tight ends. These guys are tight ends, after all, not offensive tackles - they're not going to blow the Aaron Kampmans of the world off the ball.

I haven't looked lately to see how much better next year's TE sleeper is. I know he has a higher overall potential, but not by that much. Ask me again in a few weeks.
Old 03-27-2010, 09:40 PM   #7
Rookie

lol thanks. maybe i am thinking too big. i just wanted to make sure there weren't any FREAK blocking TEs out there. Drew is a beast though lol
Old 03-28-2010, 03:53 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 20

I have had some success converting fast FBs to TE as a blocking TE. I usually use a receiving TE as my #1 and a good blocking FB as my #2. Carl stewart in the initial class is a guy I usually go after and a guy like barone or meyers in the english path would be a capable enough reciever for my #2 spot while being a good un blocker. I really like stewart with his 90 speed and high impact blocking. he may not be great overall in most TE philosophies but he really gets the job done

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »