Home

New York Jets dynasty help?

This is a discussion on New York Jets dynasty help? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2010, 05:26 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: New York Jets dynasty help?

To get the class you want save the game after your last preseason game and just keep reloading till you get the class you want.

As far as the best class it depends. The English class is extremely talented the first few years. Great players throughout. The Ozzie Jones class isn't as deep as the English class but still alot of talent the first few years. The other two classes are not as talented to start out, but they each have their good years.
To sum up: English is the easiest by far, then the Ozzie Jones draft. Sweetney and Zazzali aren't as top heavy, but do have good players you just have to look harder.
Old 10-14-2010, 05:22 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sketch22
To get the class you want save the game after your last preseason game and just keep reloading till you get the class you want.

As far as the best class it depends. The English class is extremely talented the first few years. Great players throughout. The Ozzie Jones class isn't as deep as the English class but still alot of talent the first few years. The other two classes are not as talented to start out, but they each have their good years.
To sum up: English is the easiest by far, then the Ozzie Jones draft. Sweetney and Zazzali aren't as top heavy, but do have good players you just have to look harder.
thx for the help sketch! I guess I'll be starting this soon enough.
Old 10-14-2010, 08:09 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 5

lol u have made me wanna do another jets career :P
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2010, 04:40 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

I am also in love with the Jets because of Rex Ryan! Favorite coach/personality in the NFL.

Anyways, I have some ideas for you when you are in the off-season. You don't need to really try to get 2 1st round picks to get Phillips. That's hard to do with the Jets. Instead, go after free safeties O.J. Atogwe or Ken Hamlin. Both do well in that all-out blitz system. If you go with Atogwe, keep him at FS and move Kerry Rhodes to SS. If you go after Hamlin, keep Rhodes at FS and move Hamlin to SS. Otogwe beasts it up in zone coverage, breaking up/intercepting a lot of passes. But Hamlin is ALWAYS around the ball in this game and can rack up the tackles if you use him a lot in a 46 formation (where either safety is up at the line of scrimmage). I prefer Otogwe but that's just me.

Try to trade away Kris Jenkins. He's so useless for me and is one of the most injury-prone players in the game. Just not worth the stress and irritation, especially with the hidden gems present in the 2008 Draft. Trade Jenkins away for picks. Make whatever signings you want. The only recommended signing I can think of off the top of my head is offensive guard Jake Scott since the OL is sort of in need of an upgrade. I recommend stocking up on picks for this year's draft by the way. A lot of players that can help you right away...SPOILER ALERT lol.

Spoiler
Look I'm a radical-I don't fit your game. I take it over, cementin' my name in lights. It lasts forever! So don't ya forget that when my name comes up point out I'm a legend- never to be forgotten, all my haters have been forgotten. Get ya popcorn popped cuz I'm a be a soldier til I'm 4ever stopped!
Old 10-15-2010, 02:15 AM   #13
Rookie

doesn't OJ cost u a 1st round pick? i like Gribril Wilson better hes got pretty high block shedding makes alot of tackles, and hes a push over in contract negotiations.

Spoiler

I have never used Ken hamlin before what kind of numbers does he put up?
Old 10-15-2010, 06:11 AM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeathyT
doesn't OJ cost u a 1st round pick? i like Gribril Wilson better hes got pretty high block shedding makes alot of tackles, and hes a push over in contract negotiations.

Spoiler

I have never used Ken hamlin before what kind of numbers does he put up?
I had Gibril Wilson in a Titans dynasty. He didn't do too well. Maybe it's because I played him at SS but I thought he was primarily a SS anyways??? Either way, I didn't like him and let him go after his contract was up. Bake is a nice player to pick up too. I tend to go after Baker first but if I need young DEs during that first off-season, I usually wait until after the draft to pick up Baker and Bake. But I hardly ever get Bake because I usually draft a DE in the 2008 draft anyways.

About Ken Hamlin, he does very well...in my defense, at least. I have a blitz-heavy defense and my SS (in this case, Hamlin) is at the line of scrimmage in a 46 formation. He gets a lot of tackles and stuffs a lot of outside runs if you line up in a 46 or you show blitz. He peaked 114 tackles in a season in a Ravens franchise. But again...that's a blitz-heavy defense. His best year during that franchise was 114 tackles, 2 sacks, and 6 interceptions. I've never had nearly that much success with Gibril Wilson.

I like Atogwe because if my blitzes aren't working, then I have a safety that can stay back in coverage and make smart plays. And yea, I am aware that Atogwe is a restricted free agent but I've never had to spend a 1st round pick on him. If you manage to stock up on picks prior to the draft, you can trade up into the 1st round anyways. But if for whatever reason you have (and are unwilling) to give up a 1st round pick, then don't hesitate to take Hamlin or...I guess....Wilson. Anyways, there's more worries for the Jets during the off-season than just the safety position.
Look I'm a radical-I don't fit your game. I take it over, cementin' my name in lights. It lasts forever! So don't ya forget that when my name comes up point out I'm a legend- never to be forgotten, all my haters have been forgotten. Get ya popcorn popped cuz I'm a be a soldier til I'm 4ever stopped!
Old 10-15-2010, 06:35 AM   #15
Rookie

yea i run a very blitz heavy 3-4 4-3/46 pretty much everything lol much like Rex :P

Gibril got about 7 or 8 sacks for me in 1 year, but now that i think of it never rly makes any plays in coverage, i might give hamlin a try is he expensive? Pretty much SS's for me have to blitz and be able to take the TE (sometimes they end up on a back, or even a 4th WR)

I could have hamlin as SS, since i'll have kerry rhodes at FS, but kenny philips is always great coz he is a playmaker gets a bunch of picks for me, and isn't a bad blitzer, but ceebs trading back into the 1st for him i'd rather stock up on picks for 2009 draft imo.

And Baker u say i'll take a look at him, cheers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2010, 06:57 AM   #16
Rookie

Hamlin definitely isn't as easy to negotiate with as Wilson, but he's worth it IMO. He's not too expensive to get. You can haggle him a little bit but don't overboard with it or else he won't sign with you. And about taking on tight ends...

Let's just say, if the TE get a hand on him, it slows him down. But how often do they actually get a hand on him in my dynasty? Not very often. Really just depends on the where he's positioned. A lot of the times, I overload the weak side (side with no TE) and position my SS to where he can shoot right by the right side of the offensive line after my LE or LOLB goes to take on the right tackle. Your SS has to be fast to do this though. Kenny Phillips is perfect for this IMO. A lot of speed to get around that edge. But Hamlin, Rhodes, and even Wilson are pretty good at doing this. But Hamlin is definitely more valuable than Wilson during the game...at least in my books.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »