Home

Favorite Head Coach Feature

This is a discussion on Favorite Head Coach Feature within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-24-2010, 11:32 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Favorite Head Coach Feature

Long time sports gamer going back to the days of Front Page Sports Football Pro...have seen my share of good/bad games.

Just coming back to Head Coach after a yr+ layoff and can't believe how great this game was/is. Truly the only console (or otherwise) football game in the past 4-5 yrs that re-defined how you play the game. (I don't include Front Office football as re-defining anything in the past 4-5 yrs because Jim Gindin has been churning out great football games for the past decade)

I ran through a couple careers in HC 09 after release but only got a few seasons into each. When I fired it back up last week I was thinking 30 yrs was the limit for careers, but then I saw a reference in the official game guide that 15 yrs is the limit...that's a bummer. Can anyone confirm that 15 yrs is the max?

No doubt this games needs to be updated and released again. Such a GREAT foundation...a real shame to let it rot...If it's a one and done type of thing, then at least give gamers the ability to go more than 15 yrs??!!!

And on another note....what is your favorite HC 09 feature? If you could pick one feature that really pulls you into the game...

For me it's gotta be the revamped injury system. I just love the Health and Fatigue ratings. Really adds a realism to managing a football game that console football games have never seen before. Makes you really look into a players health before signing because it's tough to keep them on the field.

With HC 09 I like to keep a crappy trainer just so I have to deal with injuries. I like how the devs basically keep an injury record for each player that tracks injuries per body type.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2010, 12:01 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Favorite Head Coach Feature

For me it's the offseason in general, alot of detail went into tagging/FA signing Sr bowl combine draft scouting. Best part of the game IMO.
Old 11-24-2010, 12:24 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

Yes, 15 years is the max you can coach.
Old 11-25-2010, 12:36 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

I agree with the features mentioned so far. One feature i love is how learning is a very important atribute for a player. This is the only sports game I've played where player smarts really factors into their value and performance on the field
Old 11-30-2010, 02:32 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

my favourite has to be the rookie scouting. i have played many sports games where i cant go very long in dynasty because the rookies flat out suck and by 10 years in, the league is just sad. with this there are tons of great players to keep the game going forever, and the amount of work you can put into scouting and deciding and planning is really what makes this game great for me. Honestly, i dont play the games much anyway, i just supersim them, because the fun part for me is building the team (offseason)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2011, 12:35 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

I love the draft - but I think the best thing about the game is how players overall and performance is very team specific.

for example a guy can be a pro bowler on one team, but be a bad fit scheme wise in another and not be that good. I believe that mirrors the real life NFL in a way no other football sim ever has.

this game has its share of warts, but overall it is very enjoyable and something I always come back to.
Old 01-18-2011, 09:58 AM   #7
Rookie

shadowman's Arena

OVR: 3

I love creating playbooks. I also like how the players ratings are different based on the type of system that your running.
Old 01-30-2011, 08:58 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 7

Play Creator goes 1. When i started playing Head Coach and creating some plays. I even got to the point that girl i had a date with is talking and all i see is HB doing flat, WR1 on a streak WR2 Curl.. hahaha Draft takes second so many players u need a paper and pen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »