Home

NFL Head Coach 09 PS3 Game Locking Up

This is a discussion on NFL Head Coach 09 PS3 Game Locking Up within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2011, 07:48 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
NFL Head Coach 09 PS3 Game Locking Up

I'm locked up on Tuesday at noon before my second preseason game.

I have four tasks between my save game and the lockup. I have a scouting report, health check, cut number 2 and Gameplan for Tuesday practice. I've tried performing and skipping the first two. I've done the cuts using the task and done them on the roster before the task appeared, I even cut one extra player. I've tried training a rookie and learning a play for the gameplan.

In every case the game locks up at the same time and date. I even tried sim to regular season after the game locked, no luck.

When I say locked it's not locked in the traditional sense unless I press "start". I can still perform other activities on the coaches clipboard, I just never advance past Tuesday noon.

Any Ideas?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2011, 01:39 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: NFL Head Coach 09 PS3 Game Locking Up

Try leaving all those tasks up and go to advance sim and choose sim to next game. You said you tried to advance sim once it "locked" up, but I think you should try to advance sim right away before clearing those 4 tasks.
Old 08-23-2011, 04:05 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

Thanks for the suggestion. I think I actually did try that before I gave up and went back to an earlier save. I had one from only one game back. Fortunately whatever caused the lockup the first time didn't reoccur when I went back a week and replayed a game!

I was hoping maybe I was missing a patch or a trick. I guess now I just have to change save games every couple of hours!
Old 08-23-2011, 05:02 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 7

FWIW, I typically save after each game played. Immediately.

I also have archive saves from before the most recent NFL draft, immediately after each SuperBowl played, and just before each season begins (at about the seven-day mark, before free agents get camp offers and before rookie contract signing begins). Fallback points are good to have.
Old 08-23-2011, 07:51 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

I also keep milestone save points like Ebongreen said. However, I keep 3 saves that a cycle through in addition to that. I always save over the oldest file that is a part of my 3 save rotation. Again, good to have backups, because this game can be quirky sometimes.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »