Home

Can't hire free agents! Bug?

This is a discussion on Can't hire free agents! Bug? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-07-2011, 07:37 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Can't hire free agents! Bug?

After a successful 8 years with Miami I jumped to St. Louis for the challenge, so maybe there is something different about this franchise, owner or GM.

Just after the first preseason game my Free Agent Option on the Roster section of the clipboard vanished. I have my philosophy on the cap room set to prefer $1.0M. I have $2.9M cap space and a big red DANGER message on my Salary Cap Summary. I only have 54 players on my roster.

I've pushed the Cap pretty hard before but I never had this happen!

If this is a bug I need to go back to my save just before starting preseason.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2011, 10:28 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: Can't hire free agents! Bug?

I haven't seen that, but I haven't yet pushed the cap with my Packers careers. Anyone else?
Old 11-08-2011, 05:01 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 1

iirc ive got close and when tried to sign it says havent got cap space so dont think thats it. this was with a 290k FA in preseason. could it be locked in coach stuff?
Old 11-10-2011, 09:16 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5

I think it was a bug. I had to go back about 3 hours of time played to find a save that wasn't showing the same symptoms. I was between the third and fourth preseason games when I gave up and went back to just after the draft .

Some things didn't replay the same. In particular, the last player I signed before I noticed the problem wasn't cut by his team this time through. I did try to simulate the problem by (saving and) signing other players (before reloading) but it never recurred. This time I entered preseason with about $4M cap space.

One other thing I forgot to mention, while I was unable to sign players from the FA Pool, I was able to bid on players that would have taken me from $2.9M to below $1M cap space.

It was very important to building my new team. After final cuts by the other teams, I cut and signed 11 players including two (marginal) starters!
Old 02-10-2012, 12:25 PM   #5
Banned

TrufflesEater's Arena

OVR: 0

This has happened to me twice during ten years on the Zazzili path. One of those little joys of this very very unfinished prototype of a game.

Besides being able to bid on free agents when they came up for league-wide auction, I could access the free agent list and sign one (and only one) when an injury forced a player to sit out a game.

Don't think this bug has anything to do with cap space. Was tight one time when it happened, and not at all the second.

Last edited by TrufflesEater; 02-10-2012 at 12:28 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »