Home

Rise of Dude McDuderson

This is a discussion on Rise of Dude McDuderson within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-21-2012, 01:28 AM   #1
Pro

thedudescrew's Arena

OVR: 1
Rise of Dude McDuderson

Dude McDuderson is a relatively unknown coach. He has never been a coach on the Collegiate or Professional level. He was the LBer coach for a local high school team at age 21 and by age 24 he was the Defensive Coordinator. He has always been a Defensive coaching guru with his 3-3-5 Defense as the base but he has over the years added the 3-26, 4-4, 46, 3-4 and Nickle as well as some variations including the "now known as" Raiders Rover (was known as the "Skippers Rover") and 5 DBs.

McDuderson was promoted to Head Coach of the Minnetonka Skippers when he was 26 and he ran rampant on the other schools. McDuderson took over a terrible team and managed to go 11-1 in the 1st season with the one loss coming to the defending State Champs, Eden Prairie Eagles. McDuderson brought his College Attack playbook into the Skippers locker room and they were all in support of it. He added more Wishbone and Maryland I plays as well as some plays from the Hail Mary and Shotgun (3 and 4 WR) formations to use with his Senior QB that isn't a scrambler but rather a stellar pocket passer. This made it easier for him to use ALL the talent the team had. He also cut the Flexbone out and removed all the screen plays and and QB running plays from the Hail Mary and Shotgun formations.

The thought behind the playbooks was to create a book where ALL the players could be used to their respective talent levels. 200 plays in each book meant a ton of training and practice but the players took to the book and performed very well for Coach McDuderson. They went undefeated 5 years straight and thats when he was looked at by many College teams but one Professional team came out to many of his High School games and watched in awe. After seeing him dominate for 5 years they decided the 32 year old should be given a shot at the Professional level. Coach McDuderson turned down many College coaching offers including University of Minnesota, THE Ohio State University, and University of Southern California just to name a few but he never left. Then in February of 2008 the Seattle Seahawks made Coach Dude McDuderson a opportunity he couldn't pass. A contract to be the new Head Coach. Dude McDuderson jumped at the opportunity and will be moving his family to Seattle with in the next month.

So with this said the Seattle Seahawks would like to announce the hiring of their new Head Coach, Dude McDuderson. Coach Mike Holmgren has done wonders for this organization and brought us to our only Super Bowl but he has decided to step down as the Head Coach and took a VP job with the Cleveland Browns. Good luck Coach Holmgren! We ALL wish you luck with your new en devours.

Without delay here is the breakdown of the Seattle Seahawks Head Coach, Dude McDuderson.

Commander personality

Skills: Performance L2, all else 1
Special skills:
QB Readiness, WR Discipline, RB Discipline, BC Moves, RB Discipline, PB Discipline, Game Film Analysis, Gameplan Analysis, Charm, Offseason Seminar

He is a 14 OVR right now and will be better very soon. I chose the playbook learning Special Skills to help with the learning of his complicated playbooks.

Coach McDuderson brought he playbooks from his High School Head Coaching days to the NFL.
They are (again):

Dude Option "User Created" Offensive PB: College Attack as base, added more Wishbone and Maryland I plays as well as some more Hail Mary plays. Cut out the Shotgun besides the 3 and 4 WR sets. No screens and no QB running plays in the Shotgun and Hail Mary.

Dude Mustang "User Created" Defensive PB: 3-3-5 Mustang as base and added Raiders Rover, 3-2-6, 4-4, 46, 3-4 and 5 DBs and Nickle.

Also I am using Ebongreen's sliders

Coach Dude McDuderson has big plans for the Seahawks organization and he would like EVERY player to remember they can and will be cut at anytime they decide to act out or play under the level expected.

Let the 2008 Offseason begin!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2012, 02:02 AM   #2
Pro

thedudescrew's Arena

Re: Rise of Dude McDuderson

Coach Dude McDuderson made the following changes to the philosophies to the Seahawks.

QB: Mobile/Speed
HB: Balanced (I plan on using both a speed back and power back in my formations)
FB: Blocking (obvious reasons here as the FB is the blocker 99% of the time in my PB)
WR: Balanced (they will be used in the Shotgun and Hail Mary formations and might see some passes with play action in the running formations)
TE: Blocking (again obviously since I will be running a lot and they need to be run blockers first and pass catchers second)
OL: Run Block (again for obvious reasons since my team will be running more often then not)

DL: Run Stoppers (my DTs/REs need to stop the run and my LE will be my pass rusher/run stopper in the 3-3-5 formation)
LB: Balanced (they need to be able to cover as well as blitz and shut down the run. My MLB will be more of the run stopper but he will be asked to cover at times. My LOLB will be blitz most of the time in the 3-3-5 and my ROLB will be in coverage.)
CB: Man Coverage/Ball Hawk (obvious reasons like they will be in man often in the 3-3-5 and they need to be superior at this.
FS: Centerfield (they will not only be in zone coverage but they will also be required to blitz from time to time and cover slots/TEs)
SS: Prototype (This is the single most important position on my Defense. I need to have 2 SS's that can play and are good at it. They will be required to blitz, help with run support and cover from time to time. In the 3-3-5 there are two SS's on the field so they need to be competent.

Ok after that I did some roster moves. They are all listed below.

I gave CB Marcus Trufant the Franchise Tag (I plan on trading him so the cap won't matter)

In Free Agency I signed both CB Asante Samuel and CB Nnamdi Asomuagha. They were solid additions with around 5 mil per year for 4 years. Solid!

I lost the following players to Free Agency (none of them mattered to me so I wasn't too upset, however I would have loved to keep D.J. Hackett (88 pot) but it was fine to see him go.)
TE Marcus Pollard
DT Ellis Wyms
MLB Niko Koutouvides
K Josh Brown
LOLB Kevin Bentley
WR D.J. Hackett
HB Josh Scobey
DT Chartric Darby
LG Floyd Womack.

Trades I made:
Traded HB Maurice Morris for a 5th and 7th
Traded CB Marcus Trufant and 1st 2009 and 3rd 2009 to Carolina for Julius Peppers
Traded SS Deon Grant and 5th 2009 to Chiefs for SS Bernard Pollard
Traded QB Charlie Frye for a 6th
Traded DT Brandon Mebane for a 4th
Traded WR Bobby Engram, DT Marcus Tubbs, and a 3rd for the #28 pick.

I released the following guys:
CB Josh Wilson
TE Will heller
WR Nate Burleson (5 mil cap penalty...ouch!)
QB Seneca Wallace
RG Mansfield Wrotto
WR Ben Obomanu
FS C.J. Wallace
DT Craig Terrill
FB Leonard Weaver (he was a RFA but at only 68 with the Blocking philosophy I felt he was not worth even putting a bid on)

My favorite thing to do in the game is the NFL Draft. Here is who I landed. (Mind you I have a 2nd, 4th, 5th in the 2009 draft right now. Sad I know but I am hoping for the English draft so I can get the sleepers with these picks.)
2008 Draftees:
#25 HB Felix Jones
#29 SS Kenny Phillips
2-23 WR Desean Jackson
4-28 CB Zack Bowman
4-29 QB Josh Johnson
5-17 OLB Xavier Adibi
6-28 DT Athya Rubin
6-30 WR Kevin Robinson
7-3 OG Andrew Crummey
7-27 OG David Hale
7-29 K Alexis Serna
7-32 SS Chris Horton

I was pissed I missed out on Omon but I will be okay. Here is who I grabbed in Undrafted Free Agents and then grabbed after the 1st cut day in the Preseason.

CB Jonathan Wilhite
RG Warren Adams
DT Darrell Longbottom
TE Joe Jon Finley
DT Hank Smithers
HB Jamaal Buckingham
WR Jaymar Johnson

I have yet to play a Pre-Season game but I plan on playing them all. I have been training QB Josh Johnson, SS Kenny Phillips and DT Rubin with my practices. I have to make sure they are ready to go. I have a ton of rookies starting this year so it should be interesting.

Also before I forget I had 3 Gamechangers pop-up in the offseason.
1st was the Playbook Knowledge one. Sucks that it was for the players I wasn't keeping for the most part but oh well. 2nd was apparently I got into a heated argument with my Owner and lost ten approval. Dang owner needs to learn when to shut his mouth. XD! 3rd was the one I have NEVER had until now...the accounting error. I only had 11 mil in penalties at that time but it helped cause I was able to sign the rookies and have room to operate after dropping Deon Grants 10 mil penalty and I still have others I need to get rid of but I like having cap room. Deion Branch(79 POT), Mike Wahle(82 POT), Mebane (74 POT) and Locklear (84 POT) all need to go but they all have 5 mil or more in cap penalties. OUCH! I might run with Locklear but he will be gone soon. I know people are going to ask about HBeck....my plan is to use him in the Passing Formations and sub out Josh Johnson. I like having HBeck there for those times but he might be gone after this year we will see what happens.
Old 03-21-2012, 01:13 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 26

Felix Jones has some injury issues, you'll need a good trainer to have him develop. Johnson can be really good, but it'll take at least 2 years to build learning and awareness. I would def put points into QB development.I actually have more success with Johnson scrambling, not running the options.
Old 03-22-2012, 10:32 PM   #4
Pro

thedudescrew's Arena

Well for some dang reason the game kept getting stuck in the loading process when I tried to play the game. I tried supersim cause I know I can go to gameplay from there but still nothing. I ended up just simming through the Preseason.

I went 1-3 in the PreSeason and have 3 DLmen Path aka Ozzie Jones Path...which is the only path I have never drafted out of so this should be interesting.

My Roster is a follows.
OVR/POT (Also keep in mind I went from Mobile/Speed QB to Balanced since I have started to throw the ball. I dunno if it makes a difference but yeah)

QB Hasselbeck 89/89, Josh Johnson 68/92, Alex Brink 64/89

HB Felix Jones 79/91, DeShaun Foster 76/76, Gary Russell 67/76, Jameel
Buckingham 66/87

FB Dan Kreider 83/83, Carl Stewart 70/75

WR Deon Branch 78/79, DeSean Jackson 74/91, Kevin Robinson 67/86, Jaymar Johnson 65/83

TE Mark Bruener 83/83, Kyle Brady 79/79, Joe Jon Finley 73/79

OL Walter Jones 94/94, Rory Davis 78/87, David Hale 71/87, Adam Kraus 59/81, John Sullivan 72/84, Zachary Samuels 71/85, Rob Sims 78/78, Andrew
Crummey 58/86, Sean Locklear 82/84, Donny Brownstein 60/82

DL Julius Peppers 89/90, Baraka Atkins 72/75, Patrick Kerney 91/92, Rocky Bernard 75/75, Athya Rubin 86/90, Hank SMithers 82/87, Darrell Longbottom 77/84

LB Julian Peterson 89/89, Xavier Adibi 80/84, Lofa Tatupu 89/91, Darrell Tapp 70/72, Vince Hall 64/83, Brad Norton 74/81, Leroy Hill 81/82

CB Asante Samuel 92/92, Nnamdi Asomugha 91/91, Kelly Jennings 81/90, Jason Wilhite 63/81, Zack Bowman 76/87

S Brian Russell 86/86, Ty Law 80/80, Bernard Pollard 84/86, Chris Horton 83/86, Kenny Phillips 87/90

K Alexis Serna 82/92 (injured), Matt Prater (will be released as soon as Serna is back) 80/88

P Ryan Plackemeier 83/90

(Keep in mind this was the start of S1....things are likely going to change through out the year)

Old 03-22-2012, 10:39 PM   #5
Pro

thedudescrew's Arena

Before week 1 I forgot about my Preseason Promise. The Owner wanted the playoffs. I promised Below .500 and took a hit to Approval. I dunno if this young team can make the playoffs. So I didn't wanna take the risk.

Week 1 at Buffalo
Before the game I choose to start HB Felix Jones (The Rookie) over HB DeShaun Foster (The Veteran)...I was going to do this anyways but this is what the Owner wanted so I went with it.

This game was all about the Defense the 1st Quarter until Buffalo opened up the scoring with a TD Pass.

My D cracked there and forgot how to cover. I guess we will be going over some more DB Coverage next game.

The Second TD by the Bills came on a Hasselbeck pick-6…..thanks HBeck!

1st Seahawk TD was with 27 seconds left in the 2nd Quarter, Josh Johnson hooked up wth DeSean Jackson for a nice 12 yard TD. We went for 2 and got it on a nice Felix Jones run to the outside.

There was no scoring in the 3rd Quarter although we missed a 40 yard FG with our new backup/soon-to-be-free agent Kicker Prater.

We just could not get the ball moving with our running game. It was almost nonexistent in this game. I dunno what to do about it but we will be working on it in practice that’s for sure.

4th Quarter scoring went like this…
Bills 37 yard FG, ANOTHER HBeck pick-6, and a 27 yard FG for the Bills.

Then with 2:35 left in the game Felix Jones returned a Kickoff 103 yards for the TD and we got the 2 point conversion with Felix as well.

Final score was 27-16 Bills

Game Stats:
QB HBeck 20.4 rating 2 INTs (Both pick-6’s) 121 yards on 9 of 23 passing
QB Josh Johnson 48.4 rating 1 TD 1 INT 29 yards on 3 of 8 passing
HB Felix Jones and Buckingham had 9 carries. 0 TD’s, Jones had 23 yards and Buckingham 27 yards
Defensively we did well.
Kenny Phillips had 7 tackles, 1 sack and 5 TFL.
Julian Peterson had 6 tackles, 2 TFL
Brian Russell had 4 tackles and a INT
Julius Peppers had 3 tackles, all 3 TFL and 2 sacks!

The Defense held the Bills to 148 total yards. 33 rush and 115 pass. I think that’s a good day at work.
I do however feel that we need to work on our INT and Forced Fumble stats.
I do think it will all come together as this is a new playbook and a new D all together.

I had a few Defining Moments in the game and all 4 were failures so my Approval dropped from 64 to 50. OUCH!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2012, 10:45 PM   #6
Pro

thedudescrew's Arena

Week 2 vs San Fran 49ers!

During the week I prepared my DBs, QBs and HBs. Lets hope this works better.

Also DeShaun Foster has a 2 month injury so I released him and signed on Sammy Morris.

So this game went better then the last game. Hasselbeck came out and looked strong and we were able to run the ball better.

1st Quarter we opened up the scoring with a Hasselbeck to DeSean Jackson 71 yard TD reception.

2nd Quarter was silent with both Defenses locking down

7-0 Seahawks at the half

3rd Quarter we struck again on a Chris Horton pick-6. We really took it to the Harrington run offense.

4th Quarter we put in it the endzone on a nice 4 yard dive from Felix Jones

Final Score was 21-0 as our Defense showed up and shut down the aerial attack of the 49ers….I know very funny since Joey Harrington is their QB.

Key Game Stats:
HBeck 103.4 rating, 1 TD, 261 yards on 17 of 28 passing! Very nice to see him show up.

Josh Johnson was…well not used except to run the QB sneaks.

Felix Jones 47 yards on 18 carries and a TD.

TE Mark Bruener led the team with 5 catches for 66 yard. He has really proven his worth to the club so far. He is Mr. Go to on 3rd down when we need to move the chains.

WR DeSean Jackson also had 5 catches for 126 yards and a TD. He was solid as well.

Lofa Tatupu was the stud on the D today with 9 tackles, 7 TFL, 6 sacks!

Chris Horton finished with 1 tackle but had 2 INTs.

Man I love how much pressure this 3-3-5 D puts on the QB. Many many balls were overthrown and batted down all day.

The 49ers finshed with 76 total yards and looked like they were the walking dead out there. Their coaching staff is sure to have a hayday with them on Monday.

My plan this week is to continue gameplanning for the DBs and LBs and then throw in the HBs since HBeck seems to be doing well.

I received some bad news after the game.

SS Kenny Phillips will be out 1-3 weeks (more then likely 3 week since my trainer sucks) with a broken hand. OUCH! That’s on top of K Serna 1-2 weeks with a cracked leg bone, TE Kyle Brady 1-3 weeks with a bruised hip.

First order of business in the off-season is hire a new trainer as well as an entire new coaching staff. I might keep the GM because he is decent but I am going to test the waters and see whos out there but that’s all in the future. Right now my focus is on the St. Louis Rams in week 3.
Old 03-22-2012, 10:50 PM   #7
Pro

thedudescrew's Arena

Week 3 vs St. Louis Rams

I trained all week with the DBs, LBs, OL and the HBs in hopes we would be able to shut down the pass happy Rams. The HB and OL work was to hopefully help us move the ball better during the week.

1st Quarter we open the scoring with a nice methodical series of run and pass and eventually push in it on a 6 yard dive by Felix Jones.

It looks as if the Defense came to play until the 2nd Quarter comes.

2nd Quarter we get a 26 yard FG from Prater after failing to move the ball thanks to some untimely drops and HBeck having a WTF were you thinking moment.

Then the Rams come to life and get to the 5 yard line and end up having to settle for a FG after my Defense shut them out.

The Rams add another FG with 58 seconds left after failing to move the ball into the Red Zone.

Then like an idiot I leave the Rams with 8 seconds on the clock after failing an easy FG of 46 yards that Prater shanked hard right. The Rams come out and throw a bomb to get their 1st TD of the game. Ooops! I decided to try an exotic blitz and it failed…..horribly!

Score at the half 13-10 Rams

After giving my team an ear full during halftime we come out and put up some more points and the run game really comes to life.

3rd Quarter starts off slow but with 2:47 left Felix Jones punches it in on a nice 12 yard run. 17-13 Seahawks

4th Quarter our passing game shows up as we drive the ball down the field smelling the end zone. I can sense something big will happen. Its 3rd and goal and I use one of my Gameplan things for the OL. HBeck to Joe Jon for a nice 10 yard TD with 3:34 left in the game. We go for the 2 and we get it! 25-13 Seahawks

The Rams get a few more time to try something but I am successfully able to run out the clock.

Final Score Seahawks 25 Rams 13

Notable stats from the game:

HBeck 99.9 rating, 1 TD, 160 yards on 15 of 23 passing

Felix Jones breaks out with a 2 TD game on 128 yards rushing off 20 carries. He also lead the team in receptions with 4 for 20 yards.

Asomugha lead the team with 8 tackles

The team had 1 sack and no INTs and 7 hurries. Not bad but they did shut them down when they needed to which was huge!

Rams did however have 304 yard total but only 46 on the ground. 258 through the air but I credit that to my aggressive play calling as we did stop them when we needed too.

I had a few injuries occur during the game and this training is going to haunt my dreams this year.

Good news is I completed the Goal of beat the Rams in week 3 so my approval is now a 70! Yay! Maybe I can stay off the Hot Seat now.
Old 03-22-2012, 10:59 PM   #8
Pro

thedudescrew's Arena

Week 5 is against the Giants.

I am not looking forward to that but lets see what we can do in practice.

Looks like they are missing Shockey and their starting LG, I will need to exploit that.

I am going to gameplan for their passing game by working on my Blitz Effectiveness and Blitz the QB. Plus I am working on stripping the ball x2 in Practice as well.
I also worked on HB Abilities and DB Abilities.

I cut a few players this week to since they either, A. have terrible LRN and I don’t see them ever making it or B. they suck and I don’t need them.

I released K Prater (Sucked), CB Wilhite (LRN and not used), LG Kraus (LRN), RT Brownstein (LRN).

Well Adam Scheffter thinks I am more prepared and should dominate…..we will see huh?

Week 5 at Giants

Good news! I have no Injuries coming into the game. I am crossing my fingers that it stays that way.

1st Quarter the Defense came out looking good. We scored the 1st points on a 31 yard FG by Serna

2nd Quarter another FG by Serna, this time a 34 yarder. 6-0 Seahawks

But then the Giants came marching down and dropped 7 on us through the air. 7-6 Gmen

We answered right back with a HBeck to DJack connection for a 37 yard TD. Missed the 2 point conversion 12-7 Seahawks

We answered again with a HBeck to Jaymar 24 yard TD. Missed the two point conversion…again 18-7 Seahawks

Then with 54 seconds left the Gmen get a VERY questionable TD pass from Eli to Boss. I swear the ball hit the ground and bounced into his hands but the replay officials suck and it got upheld. 18-14 Seahawks

18-14 at the Half

We must have laid into the Offense but the Defense came out looking like they have never defended the pass before. It was surreal but whatever works.
Two key injuries hurt my secondary. I am hoping its nothing serious but SS Pollard and SS Horton both left the game with injuries.
Not to mention LB Adibi, two of my OL and DE Peppers.
Sounds like it might be an interesting week 6. Anyways back to the2nd half.

It took about 13 mins for someone to finally score in the 2nd half but we did with a nice “change of pace” play as Josh Johnson came in to run the QB sneak and it went for pay dirt. 25-14 Seahawks

The Gmen answered right back with a 43 yard rush by Brandon Jacobs. I didn’t see what happened but it wasn’t good. (I was getting a bowl of ice cream when they scored) 25-21 Seahawks

4th Quarter was kind of a pissy one for me. I started yelling at the TV because balls were getting dropped, DBs were getting beat, the pass rusher would run right past the QB and we were missing tackles. It was a rough one to watch but the worst was seeing Serna hit the crossbars on a 46 yard FG attempt that would have set us up perfectly.

So instead the Gmen come back out and get a Eli to Toomer connection for 52 yards and a TD. Ouch! 28-25 Gmen

This is where the game gets interesting....

Then the Giants D causes me to go 3 and out. I decide to punt since there is over 8 mins left. I get a holding call and the Giants accept essentially making me punt again. I punt it off and my coverage team is right there. The returner fumbles the ball and CB Bowman picks it up and walks into the endzone! Way to accept that penalty Coughlin! I appreciate it! 32-28 Seahawks

I manage to run the clock down and the Gmen leave home with a L.

Final Score 32-28 Seahawks

Key Game Stats:

HBeck 110-4 rating, 2 TDs with 292 yards on 19 of 32 passing, I say that’s a good days work.

Felix Jones has an off day with 17 carries and 28 yards.

The shocker is Josh Johnson with 6 carries and 46 yards and a TD. (He didn’t come in until the late 3rd)

HB Sammy Morris lead the team in receiving with 8 receptions and 93 yards.

Lofa Tatupu, again, lead the team with 9 tackles, 3 for loss, 1 sack and 6 hurries.

All in all it was a bad game for us, especially since we had 2 weeks to gameplan for them.

Bah! We gave up 372 total yards. Only 76 on the ground but we are suppose to be a pass coverage team.

Either way, we win and start the season 3-1. Yay I got my win 3 games in the 1st 4 goal.

Well the good news is that Horton is only day to day and the others are fine.

The bad is that Pollard is out for 1-2 weeks.

On another side, I am working on new contracts for my guys.

FB Dan Kreider (a must have for my offense) signed a 2 year 2 mil deal.

Gonna be re-signing the following players in order to keep my Career going.

Sammy Morris (as long as it isn’t a huge deal, cause he has been a bright spot on my receiving aspect)

TE Mark Bruener (solid run blocker and has done well receiving as well)

LT Rory Davis (Many may question it but he has done well as the FB in the Maryland I)

C John Sullivan (He is a keeper as long as I don’t see another C in the draft I want…Ozzie Jones Path…I know nothing about this path)

DE Julius Peppers (He has been solid all year but I might move him soon)

DT Hank Smithers (He at least has potential and its nice having a solid backup if Rubin goes down)

And that’s about it. Everyone else is expendable.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »