Home

Couple of questions regarding HC09

This is a discussion on Couple of questions regarding HC09 within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-04-2012, 09:40 PM   #1
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

OVR: 20
Couple of questions regarding HC09

Seasonal goals-

1.How do you complete the seasonal goals of raising a certain players Play Knowledge during the off-season? I usually get three players whose play knowledge I have to raise and just focusing on that specific player for game planning isn't getting the percentage up fast enough.

2. Can I hire and fire staff during the regular season? I have another seasonal goal of firing my GM, I'm currently in the regular season and can't figure out how to replace him?

3. If I call unlearned plays during the game will that increase play knowledge? If so is the percentage based on the plays success? How do you guys focus your game planning? Do you focus on specific plays for the week based on your opponents or do you focus on a smaller set of plays you use every game?

4. I've noticed player potential seem's to go down, can it get raised back up based on a great season?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2012, 10:06 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Couple of questions regarding HC09

Learning season goals:
The easy way: Play preseason game 1 twice. Play the first one all the way to the point you steal plays, then quit out with like a minute left. Then restart the game and play it through the whole way. Make sure the 3 people who need to learn plays, are in the WHOLE GAME EACH TIME.

The "Hard"(not cheap) way: Whatever position they play on the field, find a rookie on that same area on your team(dline oline wr cb lb qb hb te) with the HIGHEST learning rate that you drafted. Those are the rookies you choose to train for every game. They can even be on the same side of the ball instead if you have a higher learning rate for someone else on offense or defense.

GM and Staff:
You can only fire them and hire them as early as the end of wildcard weekend(if you miss the playoffs or lose in the wildcard). You only get one shot at hiring your staff(but you can wait on hiring someone at any position till the end of the superbowl, then you're stuck with who's left).

Save after the final game you play before the owner asks if you want to stay or leave. That way you can see who you hire at each position before you decide if you want to keep them. If you signed a bum coach you will just restart after you signed all positions and seen what their skill charts look like.

This will cause other people to become available and not available depending on how that wild card weekend/playoffs in general sims(who wins and loses). If you make it to the next round and lose, then you will start hiring staff and so on until you either win or lose the superbowl. The better record you have and the farther you go in the playoffs, the worse the coaches will be unless you steal them from the other teams that lost in the same round or to you in the superbowl

Unlearned plays:

VERY IMPORTANT TO DO THIS. YOU WILL NEVER LEARN THAT PLAY IF YOU DONT CALL IT YOURSELF UNLESS ITS IN THE PLAYBOOK YOU STARTED WITH. ANY PLAY YOU STEAL YOU MUST CALL YOURSELF A FEW TIMES BEFORE YOU WILL PRACTICE IT EVER

Gameplanning
I do both really. Depending on the opponent, I either do what I feel my team sucks at or what I know the other team is amazing at and vice versa. IE, versing a good enough qb I do man zone plays and rush the qb. Good running teams I go to season stats and see how they run the ball(inside verse outside, break tackles vs long runs). If a guy is a juggernaut, I go for tackling, if they fumble or are small maybe force fumbles.

On offense I try to stay away from the focus on pass block run block and work with ones and just pick improve types of plays for the first couple of weeks(at least four) always choosing different ones. If you do those work withs(other then with hb) for offense they always retrain the same 5 PASSING plays(the best ones).

If you do improve standard pass and improve shotgun pass instead you get 5 different plays, same with types of runs and on defense as well(improve man zone, or improve blitz, or blitzing outside or inside or zone plays or man coverage). They all do different plays until you've learned most of them, then they just learn the best ones.

Plays you learn also change depending on what plays you call in the game. If you call unlearned standard pass plays one week, then the next week you pick improve standard pass plays, you will practice a couple of them if they worked well(sometimes even if they dont work well). Always try to call unlearned plays from the one you improved that week with gameplans as well. they will work better because your team practiced that type of play during the week.

Potential
Production and health can fix potential. If they were on a team with a terrible trainer they may have under performed and lost ratings. They may have been benched behind a great draft pick. Or they may not have been a feature in the offense or defense. Make sure you also have great coaches as you can develop people past their potentials if your staff is good enough.

Anything else, please feel free to ask, someone will help you!

Last edited by Byron Yatch; 07-04-2012 at 10:27 PM.
Old 07-04-2012, 11:02 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 26

If you get Production greater than 96, your potential will increase by 1. This can happen multiple times.
Old 07-05-2012, 07:34 AM   #4
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

OVR: 20

Thanks for the responses guys- is there a link or here or a guide somewhere online that explains and recommends how to progress through the Traits tree?
Old 07-05-2012, 11:47 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 7

Do you mean how to develop coaches?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2012, 03:33 AM   #6
All Star

rdnk's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABR173rd
Seasonal goals-

1.How do you complete the seasonal goals of raising a certain players Play Knowledge during the off-season? I usually get three players whose play knowledge I have to raise and just focusing on that specific player for game planning isn't getting the percentage up fast enough.

2. Can I hire and fire staff during the regular season? I have another seasonal goal of firing my GM, I'm currently in the regular season and can't figure out how to replace him?

3. If I call unlearned plays during the game will that increase play knowledge? If so is the percentage based on the plays success? How do you guys focus your game planning? Do you focus on specific plays for the week based on your opponents or do you focus on a smaller set of plays you use every game?

4. I've noticed player potential seem's to go down, can it get raised back up based on a great season?
1. By simming/playing preseason games.

2. Nope.

3. Yes, but I'm not sure.

4. Depends if you changed philosophies. If it decreased in a constant philosophy, then his potential has dropped. It also depends on the age of a player; if he's young, he can still develop, but if he's older, then the potential is a lie. But potential isn't everything, look at the key stats for each player, and see if their peak value is the same.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »