Home

Is game best for me?

This is a discussion on Is game best for me? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2012, 01:46 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Is game best for me?

I have been an NCAA player since 2002 and finally got bored with it because there is no in depth coaching in that game, just recruiting, and have started to enjoy the coaching aspect of the game and running a franchise. Madden 13 is my first Madden game and I love CCM and have done a few offline careers as a coach and just doing roster management and simming the games.

I'm starting to like the idea of running a franchise and being a coach so would this game be good for me to try out? I've read about it online and see how in depth it gets. Is there a way to update the rosters and everything so its up to date and everything is not the same as it was in 09?

Thanks for any help.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2012, 02:24 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Is game best for me?

Well gamestop had it for $2 so I went and grabbed it.
Old 09-17-2012, 02:40 PM   #3
Rookie

revan615's Arena

OVR: 2

Just keep reading the board man, lots of really good stuff on here.
Old 09-17-2012, 05:12 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 8

I can wholeheartedly say this game is definitely brilliant for those who enjoy the management and strategic aspects on sports gaming. However, my only concern would be your exposure to Madden 13. Whether it would be a step back of sorts.

If Madden 13 patches in a full coach mode (completely hands off mode) then a few guys on here have said it would rival HC09 because it already features alot of common elements.

If you got the game for $2 then its a great bargain. And please keep up and let us know how you find the game, and your thoughts and questions.
Old 09-18-2012, 11:19 AM   #5
Rookie

I was a little overwhelmed at first with everything that is in this game and the depth of it but I am getting the hang of it. Started a new coach at Jacksonville and struggled early on but finished strong at 10-6 and got the wildcard playoff. Beat the Colts after losing to them twice in the regular season and went on to beat the Giants in the Super Bowl. By that time I was unstoppable. I think I am going to enjoy this game but just need some tips on how to run an efficient franchise. Keep in mind, I just got Madden 13 and it is my first Madden game and have only recently started getting into the NFL after being a huge college football fan (Roll Tide!) and an NCAA homer for many years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2012, 11:27 PM   #6
Rookie

bbriders's Arena

OVR: 1

Well welcome to the forum and to head coach. If you are playing the games then I would definitely recommend some sliders. There is a lot of info here on the boards so do some searches and ask questions. There is always someone willing to help.
Old 09-19-2012, 01:36 AM   #7
Banned

Not to scare new people away, but dont use my sliders until you have a grasp for the game. It may be a little more difficult than you're ready. If however you've been playing for a while and you're tired of the cartoonish stats yearly, try my sliders out. I have made them to balance the game and give more to the running game and less to the passing.

You'll see some qbs go for 4500 in the first 2 years, then once they know the play book a little better might get over 5000. Running backs get closer to a 4.5-5.5 average if they are elite, and average about 1500-1800 a year, less if they arent elite.

Kickers are capable of kicking over 50 yards if they have the leg and accuracy for it. Punters can average 50yards a punt if they have a long enough leg and bad enough offense.

These sliders are not to help you dominate, they help to balance the stats so that they are more realistic. This will be more challenging sometimes, and a lot easier others. Thats because of the matchups, game planning, and the player.
Old 09-19-2012, 11:09 AM   #8
Rookie

I have tried a few careers starting out as a new coach and did one with the Buccs and just straight simmed all the games and went 14-2 and lost the Super Bowl. The next year I got a good rookie QB in the draft and got him up to 85 overall by the regular season and went 0-5 and my approval dropped to the 40's when it was at 93 when I started my 2nd year.

Still struggling to grasp how the game works and what are the best decisions to make. I am at a bit of a disadvantage because Madden 13 was my first NFL game and I am relatively ignorant to how the NFL works.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »