Home

Zazzalli Draft Path sucks!

This is a discussion on Zazzalli Draft Path sucks! within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-15-2012, 11:54 PM   #1
Pro

thedudescrew's Arena

OVR: 1
Zazzalli Draft Path sucks!

I didn't realize the path was this bad. I am cherishing the 80 pot players in this path and can't find any blocking FBs or TEs.

Also I noticed there are players in this path that are compared to players outside their position and they have naturally TERRIBLE learning. There was a OG in the path that was compared to Albert Haynesworth. He was a 93 POT with 36 Learning....whats with that? Will he EVER make an impact or are they ones to stay away from?

I feel like a noob asking these questions but I have had the Zazzali path ONCE and I never made it past the 2nd season because the file got corrupt and crashed.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2012, 12:26 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: Zazzalli Draft Path sucks!

Would you say there is the possibility that the Zazzalli path could be easier overall? If you are cheating mind you.

With the amount of draft paths it's already clear who the good players are and who the sleepers are. In the Jack English path, there is an abundance of great players so overall the quality of the league will rise because there are so many good players.

With Zazzalli, if you 'knew' who all the sleepers and best players are, could you draft strategically so that your team gets better whilst the overall quality of the rest of the NFL slowly diminishes?

Or are there no sleepers and just poor players that it makes this strategy unfeasible?
Old 10-16-2012, 07:40 AM   #3
Pro

thedudescrew's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarek
Would you say there is the possibility that the Zazzalli path could be easier overall? If you are cheating mind you.

With the amount of draft paths it's already clear who the good players are and who the sleepers are. In the Jack English path, there is an abundance of great players so overall the quality of the league will rise because there are so many good players.

With Zazzalli, if you 'knew' who all the sleepers and best players are, could you draft strategically so that your team gets better whilst the overall quality of the rest of the NFL slowly diminishes?

Or are there no sleepers and just poor players that it makes this strategy unfeasible?
There are sleepers in every path but the amount of serviceable players is very sim. For example the TEs and FBs are set up for normal systems. I am running the option and need blocking FBs and TEs...in which there are none. I am fine for now but once the veterans start to retire I will be left with none.

Honestly the Zazzali path has 3 of the 4 best CBs in the game. Not to mention some nice running QBs but it lacks the depth at none prominent positions. The OLmen are decent at best after the top names. The key with the Zazzali draft is to move up and grab the players you want because after them there isn't much else. So trade up and trade up often is the key, or if you trade down then get future picks cause there is no reason to get more picks in the current draft. Also the classes get pretty baron after the first 2. There is about 15-20 studs in each class and in the Zazzali path they are all near the top of the draft...which makes it harder.

I love the challenge of this path but I was just saying that it sucks in general after going from the English path to this.
Old 10-16-2012, 01:23 PM   #4
Rookie

revan615's Arena

OVR: 2

That path is difficult, and promotes the good teams staying good until the h.o.f. players start to retire. It's probably the most realistic path from a rating perspective.
Old 10-16-2012, 01:43 PM   #5
Pro

thedudescrew's Arena

True revan but if you are NOT one of those good teams then its rough to get competitive. Especially if you are running a different scheme and you need players that fit. I will make it work it will just be a while and hopefully the owner is ok with a few under 500 seasons in a row. I will be lucky to win another 4 games this season. Last season I won the first 4 and then I got killed. Finish 4 and 12.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2012, 06:09 PM   #6
Rookie

revan615's Arena

OVR: 2

Yes, drafting well is imperative, as is getting creative with your personnel. Remember what a coach like Belichick does. He makes his roster work for his scheme. Ol can play te, dt's in the backfield, etc. This path is like playing the game on hard difficulty. It can be really fun, and really frustrating. You can do things like running the "wildcat option", and really finding out what every player on your roster does well. Your role players have to perform much more like real life, making contributions in key situations. Keep at it bro, I think you'll like the payoff
Old 10-16-2012, 08:38 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 26

There are very few if any sleepers in Sweetney-you won't get sleepers on every path. The guard you referenced does have around a 90 Learning cap-but it will take a while to get there.

As for Zazzali/Sweetney, they are weaker than English/Jones. I like Zazzali better than Sweetney because the talent is better and you will get sleepers in Zazzali. I also think Zazzali is more balanced overall than English/Jones.
Old 10-25-2012, 10:35 PM   #8
Pro

lastlastlast's Arena

OVR: 11

The guard compared to haynesworth works wonders at DT too BTW

NFL Head Coach 09 (X360/PS3)
Fortnite (PS5/PC)
MLB 22 The Show (PS5/XSX)
Hogwarts Legacy (PS5)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »