Home

REBUILD AND RELOAD: THE SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS

This is a discussion on REBUILD AND RELOAD: THE SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2012, 01:14 PM   #1
Rookie

AnchiKai2's Arena

OVR: 3
Icon4 REBUILD AND RELOAD: THE SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS

BREAKING NEWS: MIKE NOLAN IS DISMISSED BY THE 49ERS!

After going through three losing seasons (4-12, 7-9, and 5-11), the franchise was not going anywhere but down.

Reasoning for picking this team: I like that 2nd year LB Patrick Willis is there for me to build my defense around with. Having Nate Clements manning the backfield is a plus as well. I will also look to build up the running game with Frank Gore there. Having both Adam Snyder and Joe Staley as my book ends will make my line even stronger. Even though Mike Martz is there, ground and pound is more of my style. They already have the 3-4 established, so that will make my job a little easier when it comes to building up this defense. And with $41.5 M there to spend, let’s see what noise I can make.

My goal is to be realistic as possible in regards to Free Agency and Drafting. There will be no changing of players’ positions to get them in cheap trades. And no drafting about 20 players either. I will also use Mike Mayock’s 2008 draft class rankings as my guide to my draft. There are certain guys there that I would like to have on my team anyway. For those of you who followed my Dolphins dynasty (or lack thereof) you know Mayock's my guy!

My coach: AnchiKai G
Personality: Titan
Skills: Performance (LVL 4), Phys. Dvl. RB (Lvl 2), Phys. Dvl. OL (Lvl 3), Phys. Dvl. LB (Lvl 3), Phys. Dvl. DL (Lvl 2)
Special Skills: Speed Training, Strength Training, Hard Hit Training

Offensive Playbook – Steelers Smashmouth
Defensive Playbook – Rex Ryan 4-6
Not too fancy, but nasty!
I hope you'lll enjoy this as much as I will.

“All great changes are preceded by chaos.” -Deepak Chopra

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2012, 05:28 AM   #2
Rookie

AnchiKai2's Arena

Re: REBUILD AND RELOAD: THE SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS

It's not hard to make decisions when you know what your values are. ~Roy Disney

To get back to greatness, there were some moves and changes I have to make:

1. Moved LT Adam Snyder to RT and RT Jonas Jennings to RG (to replace Justin Smiley who will not get the franchise tag).

2. ROLB Tully Banta Cain to MLB. He’s more suited in the inside for now. Will be position to fill in free agency or the draft.

3. Cut MLBs Jeff Ulbrich and Brandon Moore (overly paid players – saved 3.60M - $200K in penalties)

Looking to trade away FS Mark Roman (will save $1.30M - $200K in penalties). Overpaid back-up, doesn’t make sense to keep around.

After the movements and according to my roster breakdown my area of weakness are the following: QB, WR, TE, DT, DE, and OLB.

NFL Players Franchised
SEA – Marcus Trufant (CB)
CIN – Justin Smith (RE) -
NE – Randy Moss (WR)
TEN – Albert Haynesworth (DT)
BAL – Terrell Suggs (ROLB)
DAL – Flozell Adams (LT)

Season Goals: Acquire a ROLB, TE , and RE with an overall of at least 85.

Free Agency is coming up! Moves to make, moves to make.......... stay tuned.
Old 10-20-2012, 08:54 AM   #3
Rookie

AnchiKai2's Arena

We shape our buildings; thereafter they shape us. - Winston Churchill

BREAKING NEWS:
CB NATE CLEMENTS IS UNHAPPY WITH THE TALENT THAT SURROUNDS HIM.

IN OTHER NEWS:

FREE SAFETY KEN HAMLIN LEAVES THE RANCH AND HEADS WEST TO THE BAY AREA!

SIGNS A 4-YEAR, 17 MILLION DOLLAR CONTRACT (SIGNING BONUS: $2.5 MILLION)

“Hamlin, who signed with Dallas in the 2007 offseason, finished his first year in Dallas with career numbers.

He had his first 100-plus tackle season finishing with 102 stops - good for third on the team - and finished second on the team with five interceptions. Hamlin started all 16 games and the team's Divisional Playoff Game in 2007 on his way to being selected to the first Pro Bowl of his career.

Hamlin was originally drafted by the Seattle Seahawks in the second round (42nd overall) of the 2003 NFL Draft and played his first four years with the Seahawks.

He started 52 of the 54 regular season games he played in, recording 297 tackles, four sacks, 32 pass breakups, eight interceptions and four forced fumbles.” –scout.com

Yet, Dallas did not give him the tag!
Reasoning: Not too thrilled with Dashon Goldson to begin with. Now having Hamlin manning the backfield, alongside Clements is going to be key for this defense. Especially if my pass rush is not as strong as it needs to be.

Already looked at DE Odom and CB Randall Gay, but not sold on them. Working on putting together an exciting transaction (possible trade). More to come.
Old 10-20-2012, 10:58 PM   #4
Rookie

AnchiKai2's Arena

Now he'll be playing alongside him....

ROLB Karlos Dansby signs a 4 year, $24 Million Deal with a $5.5M Signing Bonus!

Major need in outside linebacker to go along with oft injured Lawson, and he was best available (even if Suggs was available - In my opinion).

In other news:

WR Arnaz Battle was traded to Jacksonville Jaguars for this year's 5th round pick (153) and next year's 7th round pick. This move frees us $1M in cap space and we can't say we're going to miss him. Especially since Gore led all receivers with 53 receptions, and he's the running back!

However this leaves us even thinner at the WR corp.

We will be hosting MLB Jeremiah Trotter and recently back from suspension, Odell Thurman.

More to come...
Old 10-21-2012, 04:01 PM   #5
Rookie

AnchiKai2's Arena

The rebuilding continues on......

CB Shawntae Spencer stiff armed to the Philadelphia Eagles for their 2008 5th round pick (147th).

FREE AGENT SIGNINGS:

C Jeff Faine $14M/3yr. $2M signing bonus. Continue to solidify my line to support my running game. He's younger, nastier, and has more upside than Eric Heitmann.

CB Jacques Reeves $16M/5yr. $2.5M signing bonus.
Now I have my #2 guy to compliment Clements.

Moved CB Marcus Hudson over to Strong Safety, I need to figure this position out. It is of most importance, especially when running the 46 defense.

Traded for WR Legedu Naanee from SD for our 7th round pick in this year’s draft (199) and next year’s 5th round pick.

Spoiler

Signed Justin Smiley (RG) for $13M/4yr with $2M bonus.

Reasoning: Cheaper deal (he eats up $2.9M cap space compared to older and less talented RG Jonas Jennings who is currently eating up $5M). And Smiley’s POT is 82 and Jennings is 83. Not a huge difference though, but.... Welcome back Justin!

RFA Decision? – Should I Pick up RE Chris Canty off of Cowboys’ hands for a 2nd round pick or 5 year $19.8M?
Spoiler

Last note:

Signed LG Kili Lefotu $10.5M/5year $2M signing bonus.
Same reasoning as the Smiley and Jennings transaction. Lefotu will only cost me $1.8M this years’ cap while Baas is on the hook for $2.3M. Lefotu POT is 85, while Baas is 84. And I’m sure Baas would ask for more money come this time next year. Now I will try to let him go (release or trade him) to free up some cash.

10 days left for the draft. More to come....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2012, 08:59 AM   #6
Rookie

AnchiKai2's Arena

CURRENT SAN FRANCISCO TOP 10 NEEDS (ACCORDING TO THE GAME): TE1, RE1, QB1, WR2, LE1, DT1, LOLB1, SS1, RT1, and CB2.
Expert's Blogs (Note: anything within [ ] are MY WORDS, not the authors')
"Like every other team (but the Browns) this draft is huge for the 49ers. Right to their draft range with the Nos. 29 and 39 overall picks:

Nose tackle: I'm not sure anyone is 100-percent sold on Aubrayo Franklin. Pat Sims and Trevor Laws fit the zero technique pretty well in San Fran's 3-4 base. Sims and Laws could still be on the board for them in the second round. They would get better value with Ahtyba Rubin, Red Bryant or Marcus Harrison in the third round, but they might reach for one of these at 39.

Wide Receiver: They brought in [Naanee], [still have Lelie], and they have Jason Hill, but he wasn't very productive last year as a rookie to say the least with one reception for a big gain of six yards. I think they would love to see DeSean Jackson or Devin Thomas to fall to them at 29...

Curtis Lofton/Dan Connor: Patrick Willis could use a true "bash bro" to help him out as the other ILB in the 3-4. Connor and Lofton are both blue-collar football players who hit hard and have great instincts. Can't go wrong with either pick at 29 or 39...."
-Walterfootball.com

"The San Francisco 49ers had high hopes for the 2007-08 season. The '06-'07 season ended strong, Alex Smith developed, and quality free agents were added. Everything was great in 49er land. The season started, and the Niners won their first two games. Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Hallelujah! But then.......
Alex Smith gets hurt (let me be clear: I am not in any way blaming Alex Smith's injury for the bad season), and Trent Dilfer comes in. Trent was soooo horrible, no words could describe how bad he was. The offense was putrid. The defense was forced into horrible field position, was not rested because the offense never sustained long drives, and had the pressure of preventing the team from getting too far behind (because the offense could not catch up). As a result the defense played worse. The season went down the drain.
The 49ers have potential and could improve a lot. There are a couple needs. Here they are:

1. Need: Play-making wide receiver.

The Niners lack a No. 1 wide receiver that strikes fear into a defense. Darrell Jackson was a total bust. [Note: NO LONGER ON TEAM.] Ashley Lelie never got on the field, and seems to have no ability at all.[Note: Traded for Naanee]
.... Jason Hill is okay... Vernon Davis, even though he is a tight end, can line up wide and could be a decent receiver, but he isn't the answer.

Solution:

Take either James Hardy, wide receiver out of Indiana University, or Early Doucet, wide receiver out of LSU, at the end of the first round (29th overall pick of Indianapolis acquired in a 2007 Draft day trade)...

2. Need: Pass-rushing defensive lineman.

The 49ers could not rush the passer at all. The opposing quarterback had time to write an essay (or an article for that matter) before the pass rush would get there. Giving any QB six, seven, or maybe even more seconds in pocket means you will be picked apart, regardless of how good the defensive backs are... Bryant Young has retired. Tully Banta-Cain has not shown to be an impact player [NOTE: KARLOS DANSBY ON BOARD]. Issac Sopoaga... [is] good, but that isn't enough.

Solution:

Maybe take Quentin Groves, defensive end out of Auburn, or Kentwan Balmer, defensive end out of North Carolina, in the 1st or 2nd round.

Outlook:
Overall, the 49ers have a bright future. The running back and tight end positions are solid. The offensive line, for the most part, is good. The wide receiver and quarterback position are in doubt. On defense, the linebackers, corners, and safeties are good. The defensive line needs help and the special teams are excellent.
Overall, this team is good." -Bleacher Report

Mike Mayock's draft prospect rankings (updated April 15)
  • By Mike Mayock NFL Network
  • Published: April 15, 2008 at 08:13 p.m.
Offense
Defense

Mayock's top 5 QBs:
Rank
Player
College
Boston College
Delaware
Michigan
Louisville
USC

Mayock's top 5 DEs:
Rank
Player
College
Virginia
Ohio State
Florida
Clemson
Miami (Fla.)
Mayock's top 5 WRs:
Rank
Player
College
Michigan State
California
Texas
Michigan
Kansas State

Mayock's top 5 DTs:
Rank
Player
College
LSU
USC
North Carolina
Notre Dame
Maryland
Mayock's top 5 TEs:
Rank
Player
College
Purdue
Notre Dame
Texas A&M
USC
Tennessee

Mayock's top 5 ILBs:
Rank
Player
College
Tennessee
Penn State
Oklahoma
Colorado
UNLV
Mayock's top 5 RBs:
Rank
Player
College
Illinois
Arkansas
Oregon
Arkansas
Texas

Mayock's top 5 OLBs:
Rank
Player
College
USC
Virginia Tech
Miami (Fla.)
Purdue
Kentucky
Mayock's top 5 OTs:
Rank
Player
College
Michigan
Pittsburgh
Boise State
Vanderbilt
Boston College

Mayock's top 5 CBs:
Rank
Player
College
Troy
Kansas
Tennessee State
South Florida
Virginia Tech
Mayock's top 5 interior OL:
Rank
Player
College
Virginia
USC
Rutgers
Arizona State
Oregon State

Mayock's top 5 Safeties:
Rank
Player
College
Arkansas State
Miami (Fla.)
N.C. State
California
Arizona State

NOTE: I RANKING MY DRAFT BOARDS BASED ON MAYOCK'S LIST (WITH SOME ADJUSTMENTS. FOR EXAMPLE THE SAFETIES INCLUDED BOTH FREE AND STRONG. SO I ADJUSTED ACCORDINGLY.

DRAFT PICKS:

MIAMI -LT J. LONG

STL - LE D. HARVEY (WTH?)
ATL - QB M. RYAN

OAK - RE C. LONG
KC - LT R. CLADY
NYJ - TRADED TO BAL. (SELECT CB L. McKELVIN)
PAT - ROLB K. RIVERS
NYJ - FROM BAL. (SELECT LG. B. ALBERT)
CIN - DT. S. ELLIS
NO - DT. G. DORSEY
BUF - TRADED TO PHI. (SELECT LOLB J. MAYO)
DEN - RB D. McFADDEN
CAR - LT C. WILLIAMS
CHI - QB J. FLACCO
DET - TRADED TO PAT (SELECT HB R. MENDENHALL)
ARI - CB D. CROMARTIE

KC - RT J. OTAH
HOU - RT G. CHERILUS
BUF - CB M. JENKINS
TB - CB A. TALIB

WAS - TRADED TO SEA (SELECT HB F. JONES)
DAL - HB C. JOHNSON
PIT - ROLB V. GHOLSTON - GREAT VALUE!
TEN - LE L. JACKSON
SEA - DT K. BALMER
JAC - CB A. CASON
SD - CB T. PORTER - A ROUND TOO EARLY

DAL - WR D. THOMAS

SF -
Spoiler

Old 10-28-2012, 08:19 PM   #7
Rookie

AnchiKai2's Arena

...CONTINUED!

Last time, we were looking at RE P. Merling at our 29th overall pick. We had to make a decision.

Spoiler

Onto the Second Round!

The following picks are made:

MIA – SS K. PHILLIPS
STL – WR D. AVERY

ATL – LT S. BAKER
Talk about Deja Vu

KC – RE P. MERLING
NYJ – RE J. JONES
ATL – TE D. KELLER
BAL – DT T. LAWS

SAN FRANCISCO IS ON THE CLOCK!
Spoiler

A few picks later and we pick....
Spoiler

Then we drafted the rest of our squad:
Spoiler

UNDRAFTED ROOKIES
  1. SS J. ADAMS
  2. ROLB D. VOBORA
  3. MLB J. LEMAN
  4. RE E. BAKER
  5. TE M. PATTERSON
DRAFT RESULTS FROM THE REST OF MY DIVISION:

CARDINALS
  • CB D. CROMARTIE
  • QB B. BROHM
  • LE B. SMITH
  • LT T. HILLS
  • LE T. SCOTT
  • UFA - CB M. GRANT
  • UFA - RT C. CLARK
  • UFA - LG P. SOSA
  • UFA - LOLB L. GRANT
FA (Worthy of Note - WR C. Henry, HB C. Brown, LOLB C. Pace, LG F. Womack)

RAMS
  • LE D. HARVEY
  • WR D. AVERY
  • TE J. CARLSON
  • QB T.C. OSTRANDER
  • QB D. DIXON
  • LOLB C. AVRIL
  • FS Q. DEMPS
  • LOLB M. HOWARD
  • RG C. ADAMS
  • UFA - C D. MICHAELS
  • RT J. BLAIR
  • FS K. MOORE
FA (Worthy of Note - K. J. Carney, SS M. McCree, RE B. McCray and CB A. Dyson)

SEAHAWKS
  • DT K. BALMER
  • HB F. JONES
  • MLB B. BELL
  • HB T. BROWN
  • LOLB T. WILLIAMS
  • LT B. STAMPEED
  • UFA - WR D. BRYANT
  • UFA - FB M. CROXDALE
  • UFA - C M. CANTWELL
  • RE M. DIXON
FA (Worthy of Note - WR J. Gaffney, K. L. Tynes, CB D. Groce, and HB M. Barber)

Will be back.... GOOD LUCK WITH THE HURRICANE IF ANY OF YOU ARE NEAR IT. WISH YOU AND YOUR FAMILIES WELL!

Last edited by AnchiKai2; 10-28-2012 at 08:22 PM.
Old 10-30-2012, 03:06 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

Campbell, D Moore and Steltz

Your DEF should do rather well

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »