Home

Jake Long pick 7?

This is a discussion on Jake Long pick 7? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-12-2012, 10:43 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Jake Long pick 7?

I went into the 2008 draft looking for Rivers but he got drafted 3rd overall. Has anyone had Jake Long fall to them before? Is he worth the 7th overall pick?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2012, 02:55 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 26
Re: Jake Long pick 7?

If he falls to 1-7 grab him up and don't think twice. He's currently a 96 overall LT with the Dolphins in my dynasty.
Old 12-12-2012, 05:11 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

If you have enough cap room just move him to RT and pick up the other great LT in the game. Hes a great LT or RT. Right now i have Joe Thomas as my LT but if i get a good LT Draft depending on what draft path i take ill Move Joe Thomas to RT.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:13 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 1

Does it really matter who plays where? I have the Boma brothers and you would never know it. Patrick Boma has 1 pancake while allowing 4 sacks. Looking at attributes, I don't see where it matters if you have Boma or Loma, whoever Loma may be.
Old 12-13-2012, 10:54 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

I've got Patrick (the elder) Boma "moved" to LG, with Selvin Lankford at LT. between the two of them, I think I've seen maybe a single sack from the left this season.

I've got two decent guys (judging by OVL/POT) on the right, but I see most of my 2-4 sacks a game from that direction.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2012, 10:13 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarecrow
I've got Patrick (the elder) Boma "moved" to LG, with Selvin Lankford at LT. between the two of them, I think I've seen maybe a single sack from the left this season.

I've got two decent guys (judging by OVL/POT) on the right, but I see most of my 2-4 sacks a game from that direction.
Your best pass protectors are usually on the right side. I have Peter Boma as LG and Patrick Boma as RG with Mankins playing RT until this year where I'm switching Mantra to RT and Mankins to LT. But, it really doesn't matter if the AI wants to get you. The CPU can send someone from out to the side who will get to the passer, or just plow through the line. I have Ron Brown at Center--he didn't make Pro Bowl--but he's rated 93 with 94 potential.

Larry Fitzgerald at age 29 has lost both speed and potential--and he made the Pro Bowl last year. Seymour went from overall 92 potential 92/93 to 84 OVL with 84 Potential at age 32. Some players who don't even play a single game all season keep both OVL and Potential. But, Fitzgerald lost points on his OVL! Now, when I signed Seymour to a contract, off season, he was 92 OVL. After I signed him, off season, he went down to 84 OVL.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »