Home

finally, new rosters!

This is a discussion on finally, new rosters! within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-27-2013, 09:37 PM   #25
Rookie

Maizpan's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: finally, new rosters!

I just saw this tonight. I don't usually come to this forum since HC 09 doesn't typically have a lot of new information. Thanks for taking the time to put this together to keep a great game alive. I haven't d/led yet, but am willing to help test.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2013, 11:24 PM   #26
Rookie

revan615's Arena

OVR: 2

It's not the gratitude you see, I just want to know how many people and testers I have that are actively using them, and what they've seen from them. I need to know what corrections need to be made at each and every stage, so I can easily find and eliminate issues, which would otherwise be impossible to find. If I get too far, and have made a mistake, I will never be able to pinpoint what it was, causing countless lost hours, and a complete scrap of my work.

On another note, for anyone willing to help, one thing I need is names of players with generic faces, meaning a list of skins, if they have dreads, gotees, etc. This list would serve as the base for the new players I will be adding in the next phase.

If you'd like to help in other ways, please pm me and I can let you know the info I still need to gather.

Thanks all
Old 02-28-2013, 11:05 AM   #27
Rookie

xCAGEx's Arena

Re: finanally, new rosters!

Not sure how I can help ... But am willing to lend a hand where or if I can
Just let me know ... Not sure if this is out of my realm but again willing to do what I can
Old 03-06-2013, 01:24 AM   #28
Rookie

RougeRogue's Arena

OVR: 1

I'd be happy to help with this, as well, but am a little unclear as to how to get this replacement roster in place -- I've only just downloaded Horizon (what an annoying, ad-ware-loaded piece of software that is...), so am still familiarizing myself with it. I assume I would put this roster onto a XBox-formatted USB drive (using Horizon), to get it on the 360's hard drive? Your instructions on the previous page are assuming a level of familiarity with modding the XBox files that I'm not quite at, yet, I'm embarrassed to say.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:52 AM   #29
Rookie

GuitarJC13's Arena

OVR: 0

Just saw this today! Keep up the good work! Head Coach 09 has been one of my favorite games since it came out and I've been longing for a chance to play an updated version.

Could you give us step-by-step instructions on how exactly to get these rosters? I'm not familiar with this kind of thing.

Thanks!
Old 03-14-2013, 12:12 AM   #30
Rookie

Shamhat1915's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RougeRogue
I'd be happy to help with this, as well, but am a little unclear as to how to get this replacement roster in place -- I've only just downloaded Horizon (what an annoying, ad-ware-loaded piece of software that is...), so am still familiarizing myself with it. I assume I would put this roster onto a XBox-formatted USB drive (using Horizon), to get it on the 360's hard drive? Your instructions on the previous page are assuming a level of familiarity with modding the XBox files that I'm not quite at, yet, I'm embarrassed to say.
This. I have to agree with this. Though I have a bigger issue. For whatever reason, I cannot seem to get Horizon to run properly on my desktop. No matter what I do. It's gotten to the point where I have just given up on it. I would love to try out these updated rosters. Alas, it seems I am stuck with the original rosters
Old 03-14-2013, 08:22 PM   #31
Rookie

revan615's Arena

Ok, you need to put a roster file on an xbox 360 formatted usb drive. So go into the game, and save a roster file.

Download a copy of the new roster, and unzip it to your desktop.

Now take that flash drive to your computer. Turn off your internet, and run the horizon program in offline mode. This is important!

Now, once horizon is open, click on the usb drive folder in the box on the right. Open the roster file. You will now have a box with the save file open.

With that now open, you will click on the far right tab, (labeled contents) and right click the file. You will then replace that file with the new roster you have downloaded to your desktop.

Then click the save, rehash, resign button. The new roster is now ready to use.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2013, 03:35 AM   #32
Rookie

RougeRogue's Arena

OVR: 1

OK, I've installed your new roster and played around with it a little bit, but there seems to be quite a hodge-podge of players in various team rosters.

For a trial with this, I started a new career as an Eagles coach, started in pre-season (not the earlier, off-season), and there seemed to be players from several teams, and both time periods (modern and 2008) on this Eagles team. I assume this is simply because you've done only the first thousand players, and not because of any problem, necessarily, with the new roster.

However, after perusing the rosters a bit, and then letting a little time pass, the game froze up, before even a full in-game day passed.

Trying again, I started up a Steelers career, starting at pre-season (again), browsed the rosters, advanced a little time, and, as before, game froze up at 12pm, the very first day.

Perhaps, I'll try to tackle this again, tomorrow.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »