Home

Singleback Playbook

This is a discussion on Singleback Playbook within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-14-2013, 04:57 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Singleback Playbook

Quote:
Originally Posted by algoody421
My biggest reason for asking is simple. Quick/screen passes and outside runs are rare in most playbooks. You get maybe 3 or 4 of each and everything else is standard shotgun or inside run usually. Because of that, it would only make sense to seek a playbook with the most quick & screen passes/outside runs.

I know shannahan and kubiaks offensive playbooks are practically all outside runs but I dont know about quick passes or screens for them. I might end up using houston or denver's playbook next time through but I want one where I can steal and create my standard & shotgun passes and still have a good amount of the others... even just 10 in screen and quick passes EACH would be fine really..
I hear ya. I am always adding screens and outside runs to all my playbooks. I really like the zone run, so i usually start with kubiak or shannahan playbook and then add the plays i want from there. I dont steal plays too often. I basically conceed all ad play goals in career. Since I always start with a custom playbook I have an uphill battle for learning plays, so I try not to add too many.

With Shannahan what I normally do is take out their ace empty set and shotgun empty. I hate not have a back to protect on pass plays. Then I add some screens and some twin TE formations to give advantage at LOS on run plays.
Old 05-14-2013, 06:34 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 3

First off, creating a playbook is only good if you pick every play every game, yourself. Your dc and oc will NEVER pick/practice a play you added or created until you yourself have called it a couple SUCCESSFUL TIMES in game and only in those instances mostly.

Secondly, stealing plays is what allows the diversity of every career. If I started a career with the same playbook adding the same plays I would win the same way and never do anything different. To me, thats the same as ALWAYS USING BALANCED PHILOSOPHIES. Its totally ridiculous and cheapens the game.

Wheres the difficulty in ALWAYS knowing you have this play for that situation, in every situation? I much rather prefer the organic creation of a playbook over one's career. In fact, Ive been known to pick the smallest ones(like the 335 mustang and michigan spread), just so that I can steal more plays throughout my careers. I tried one with the 326 on the colts and gave up the rushing record to the packers ryan grant because it had no run stopping plays or formations.

I hope one day you guys will try to do that as well instead of always stacking your playbooks with the best plays you love to run...

Also, those ace empty and shotgun empty formations are MONEY. I steal plays from him 2 times a year with my chargers and every single one of those has worked for like 10 yards a throw....
Old 05-14-2013, 09:31 PM   #11
Pro

Aurabolt127's Arena

OVR: 6

True though I have used the 3-2-6 once before and, while it didn't do that great against the run, it wasn't impossible. Of course, that might have something to do with my decision to have good tackling, man cover guys in my secondary that time - I went that way on purpose because I didn't want to risk slower or poor tackling DBs. Still, I did a similar thing, stealing a few plays as the weeks went on till I had a small package of about 4 3-4 plays that I felt better with against the run. Still Shaun Alexander had his way with me. I forget the totals but it was like 200+ yards at 10 ypc... Been meaning to try that D one more time, never put the time into that franchise 'cause I didn't like my O. hmm...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2013, 10:02 PM   #12
Banned

Power backs are ungodly on my sliders(elusive backs not as much but still amazing none the less). If you dont get a good lick on them with a great hitter/tackler or a couple in a row, they dont go down... I frequently have trouble with the likes of earnest graham and lendale white, let alone someone as good as shaun alexander. If you put one of those backs on a team like san diego with 2 great rb coaches, you cant keep em under 100 yards...
Old 05-14-2013, 11:41 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by algoody421
First off, creating a playbook is only good if you pick every play every game, yourself. Your dc and oc will NEVER pick/practice a play you added or created until you yourself have called it a couple SUCCESSFUL TIMES in game and only in those instances mostly.

Secondly, stealing plays is what allows the diversity of every career. If I started a career with the same playbook adding the same plays I would win the same way and never do anything different. To me, thats the same as ALWAYS USING BALANCED PHILOSOPHIES. Its totally ridiculous and cheapens the game.

Wheres the difficulty in ALWAYS knowing you have this play for that situation, in every situation? I much rather prefer the organic creation of a playbook over one's career. In fact, Ive been known to pick the smallest ones(like the 335 mustang and michigan spread), just so that I can steal more plays throughout my careers. I tried one with the 326 on the colts and gave up the rushing record to the packers ryan grant because it had no run stopping plays or formations.

I hope one day you guys will try to do that as well instead of always stacking your playbooks with the best plays you love to run...

Also, those ace empty and shotgun empty formations are MONEY. I steal plays from him 2 times a year with my chargers and every single one of those has worked for like 10 yards a throw....
I normally call all my plays in preseason so I can get them learned. Also then the cpu will go off my tendencies later.

Falling in love with the zone run scheme is something that happened fairly recently for me. A lot of the enjoyment I get out of this game stems from my desire to actually be a coach. I started coaching my senior year of college and realized that I wasted four years on a sports management degree, which was all about the money side of sports. This game came out that year so it has always been about running the team my way. When I first started playing I was all about power run and play action. So I used the Steelers playbook naturally. I dabbled with others for a bit, but not as much as that playbook. Then I put the game down for a long time. I have gone back to it from time to time over the years, but not enough to have full knowledge of all the playbooks. So I really dont know what the money plays are.

Its only recently that I really got into the game again, and I have been trying a lot of new things. But I still end up coming back to zone run now because that is the playbook I would use if I were a head coach.

I always beef up my offensive playbook with all the plays I think I will want to run in that system. I always fair the add plays goals because I dont create plays in season. There was a glitch that made injured players stay injured. If that bug is fixed then I would def create plays. So because I choose so many play I normally have 120+ plays, and even that is too many for me to sift through when play calling.

Lately I have been messing with the michigan spread book. It is small so its much easier to avoid delay of game penalties, and I have never really ran the ball from a spread formation in this game before so its new to me.

Defensive playbooks are a different story. I do steal defensive plays quite often.

I will have to give those empty sets a try. I have always stayed clear of them because the rush in this game can be pretty gnarly sometimes. So I always just felt like I avoided more sacks with having a back stay in and pass protect. With the new rosters coming out though I do want to branch out more. I want to take over the lions and see what kind of damage I can do with Reggie Bush. Try to put up Marshall Faulk numbers from the Greatest Show on Turf days.
Old 05-15-2013, 06:49 AM   #14
Banned

Totally understand. Alright, either xbox or ps3

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...il-roster.html

Download the roster and put it on a flash drive. Then copy it to your system.

Start a new franchise(and even old ones I believe). You will not get the injury bug anymore. I dont get it ever. I highly suggest using the play creator at least for adding the simple plays till you can steal better versions to build off. Or you can use it in the preseason to add 5 offense and 5 defense the week it comes up on Wednesday to succeed the goal.

Then during the year if you want to create plays you know will work(specific defense/offense killers, all around money plays), you can set the frequency it gets called(cant do that in game).

Last edited by algoody421; 05-15-2013 at 06:52 AM.
Old 06-12-2013, 06:07 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 10

The Colts and Eagles use a lot of Singleback/Ace. Also if you’re interested, the Bills and Raiders have a singleback play that hits one of the tight ends (usually the 2nd TE) like 90% of the time.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »