Home

Changing Off/Def Schemes (All Teams) using Xanathol's Roster Editor

This is a discussion on Changing Off/Def Schemes (All Teams) using Xanathol's Roster Editor within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-08-2014, 04:02 PM   #1
Pro

Xx 74 xX's Arena

OVR: 11
Changing Off/Def Schemes (All Teams) using Xanathol's Roster Editor

Hi all,

After putting thousands of hours for 4 years on this game, I took a break, then recently found Xanathol's Roster Editor and have found myself spending countless hours once again. I'm currently building the "perfect" (for me) roster that will mirror today's NFL.

I have a question for anyone who's savvy with the editor.........

How does one change each teams Off and Def schemes via the editor?

It seems it can be done via the Raw Table, but apparently that's not transferrable, so that isn't an option.

Thanks in advance!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2014, 01:09 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 1
Re: Changing Off/Def Schemes (All Teams) using Xanathol's Roster Editor

I use the EA Roster Editor program (not sure what this other editor is), and you change those schemes in the main COACH tab. I've attached a "legend" spreadsheet someone else did so you can find the right data column for it.

I, too, have spent a gazillion hours updating the roster and coaches, etc., but just a few "heads ups:"

1) Original HC09 rosters have defensive players with very low CTH ratings (even though the rookies all have "normal" Madden-type ratings). When you bump up all the CTH ratings, you will see a ridiculous amount of INTs. I lowered the INT slider as low as it goes, and I still see a lot each game, but it's not just the games. All your roster edits will impact the sim engine. You will see WAY too many INTs across the league, where the norm will be 12 INTs a year for some players.

2) Which leads me to #2, sim stats. The two ones in particular are increased INTs and lower YPC for RBs. You might see 3-5 players with 4+ ypc average but the rest average in the 3s or lower.

3) And despite all of this, the game is still way too easy! I have a great slider set that I love, but it's the Defense that makes the game too easy for me. The USER D is just way too good (or CPU offense is too awful).

Good luck!
Attached Files
File Type: zip Custom Roster Head Coach Guide.zip (3.71 MB, 34 views)
Old 12-17-2014, 01:24 PM   #3
Pro

Xx 74 xX's Arena

Thanks for the info!

I learned long ago if you play the games, it's a effort in futility, lol........WAY to easy. I only sim games.

My goal is to make this a "passing" league, which the NFL has morphed too. I've had success in changing playbooks in order to do this, but the stumbling block is ALWAYS each teams "Offensive Scheme".

For instance, you can change a team's playbook to "Patriots Air Attack", if a team's Offensive Scheme is set to "West Coast" you'll still only see 400ish Pass ATTS per season. In today's NFL, it's not unusual to see 500 or more ATT per season. (based off of 2013 NFL Stats).

I've researched A LOT of aspects to accomplish what i'm looking for, and it seems to boil down to Playbook/Schemes to get it right.

Another issue we all know about is when a coach gets fired, they often become ST Coaches. Looking at Coaches rating, I can see why that's happening.

I'm editing coaches to have a specific set of skills, so for instance a RBC coach will have a high rating in RB ONLY (75 and up) and all other skills will be set at 11), so if he gets fired he'll be rehired when a RBC opening comes up. I'm still in the testing stage regarding this.

Thanks again!
Old 12-17-2014, 01:47 PM   #4
Pro

Xx 74 xX's Arena

So I changed Belichick's OSPP to 3 (Spread), and reflected when I loaded up a Career, but the Offensive Scheme remained "West Coast Normal".

What am I missing here?
Old 12-17-2014, 03:19 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 1

Sorry, not sure about that. I never played around with schemes. I had a totally different approach where all I did with my roster edits was keep the same '08 players, but update their potential max scores to match the highest level they ever had in Madden (trust me, it took a LONG time to do this). I also updated coaches abilities, but that was it. The system can be buggy when you change certain things like salaries, so I didn't want to put the time into that. xCAGE is the one who did the most around the latest roster edits to match today's NFL, so he'd be the best one to ask.

But one idea is that you may have to update the "Team" tab perhaps to change those things. Not sure about that, though, but I seem to recall there's a few tabs that might be impacted here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2014, 03:36 PM   #6
Pro

Xx 74 xX's Arena

Yeah, i've looked at the TEAM tab, the field numbers are the same from both ONLINE and xxCAGExx's roster.
Old 12-20-2014, 04:40 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

If you watch the videos I'm pretty sure I go over how to change schemes etc.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...om-roster.html
Old 12-20-2014, 09:23 PM   #8
Pro

Xx 74 xX's Arena

I'm becoming fairly savvy with both the editors now, HC09 will be an entirely different game. (the way it should have been, at least for me)

Thanks for the tip!

Last edited by Xx 74 xX; 12-20-2014 at 09:26 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »