Home

Dallas Cowboys War Room

This is a discussion on Dallas Cowboys War Room within the NFL Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-02-2017, 09:30 PM   #4065
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Dallas Cowboys War Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by adriano
Skins Game:

What is amazing to me is how we didn't get Frazier
on the field sooner. He cleaned up a lot of running plays.
Jones isn't going to stick his nose in there.

Bryon Jones is ok at man coverage on Tight Ends. Safeties
have to do more than that. Not physical enough for SS, not
good enough in space for FS. Not sure where his best position
is. Wasted pick..

And Gasp, is Jaylon Smith over the last few games looking
like an actual linebacker? Finally starting to show flashes.

Owusie looks like a player. Him and Lewis are looking good.

If we can run like that every week, we might finish 9-7.
I still feel like 8-8 is what we will be.. or 7-9

Frazier has been playing his *** off. He’s easily the most physical safety on the roster (besides Heath). He might be able to bring a much need physical presence to the secondary. And speaking of Heath, great job on the interception but you’re not fooling me again you still suck. I can’t remember if I said it here but if I’m the team I really consider (in training camp) moving Jones back to CB. Woods and Frazier look more suited to be the long term safeties. Let Jones, Awuzie, Brown and Lewis battle it out for the starting CB spots.

As for Jaylon, I’m encouraged by what I’ve seen the last couple of weeks but I still think they need to go into the draft with LB high on their priority list.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2017, 11:32 AM   #4066
MVP

rkwittem's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr B
Their LB’s are so bad. If they lose the night it’s time to tank hard and draft the best LB on the board. They need depth too.
Hate to say it but we passed on Reuben Foster to take Taco Charlton and Landon Collins to take Byron Jones. Swap those 2 picks and our D is a lot better now.

It's easy to play the hindsight card but those are their 2 worst draft picks of the last 5 years.

Jaylon Smith is coming along, which is encouraging.
Old 12-03-2017, 01:14 PM   #4067
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkwittem
Hate to say it but we passed on Reuben Foster to take Taco Charlton and Landon Collins to take Byron Jones. Swap those 2 picks and our D is a lot better now.

It's easy to play the hindsight card but those are their 2 worst draft picks of the last 5 years.

Jaylon Smith is coming along, which is encouraging.

I think Taco will end up being ok. Passing on Collins really hurts though.

As for Jaylon, he is starting to show something which is encouraging but I would still be looking to upgrade the MLB position. Also factor in that Sean Lee will be 32 by the time camp starts. Injury prone players don’t typically get less injury prone as they get older. Hitchens is good but really should be the primary backup for all 3 spots.
Old 12-03-2017, 04:33 PM   #4068
We Here

Hassan Darkside's Arena

OVR: 34

Way too early to pass judgment on Taco. A lot of teams passed on Foster because of his injury, we drafted a LB that we had to redshirt the season before.

Some of yall give up on players way too easily. Byron Jones is fine. He was a position of need when we drafted him and set the combine on fire with his workout numbers. We played him all over the secondary before moving him to safety in a less than stellar secondary. He needs to play more coverage and center field because he struggles with run support and covering big athletic TEs, though Marinelli insists on leaving him on an island with them.

Heath needs to be benched and they should try to use Jones's versatility at safety and at the nickel corner.

The player I've been most disappointed with is Anthony Brown. He was a revelation last year and this year he's probably been our worst corner.
Royce da 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
How many brothers fell victim to the skeet.........
Old 12-03-2017, 04:37 PM   #4069
MVP

rkwittem's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr B
I think Taco will end up being ok. Passing on Collins really hurts though.

As for Jaylon, he is starting to show something which is encouraging but I would still be looking to upgrade the MLB position. Also factor in that Sean Lee will be 32 by the time camp starts. Injury prone players don’t typically get less injury prone as they get older. Hitchens is good but really should be the primary backup for all 3 spots.
So wait, do you want to replace Sean Lee with Jaylon Smith at WLB in future? They don't play the same spot right now. Not sure if that's their future plan.

I wouldn't marry myself to drafting a LB early. I'm not even sure I want one in the 1st round. (I'm a fan of Josey Jewell as a non-1st round prospect if you want someone to look at.) If you want a 1st round guy, Roquon Smith is a guy I've seen mocked to us.

DT, S, and OL are also on my list of concerns. There a lot of intriguing 1st round guys at those spots that we could potentially be in place to draft.

Personally, I'd rather take a WR so we can get away from limited players like Williams and Beasley on offense. I'm thinking Courtland Sutton ideally but there are a couple others I'd consider. We'll obviously know more as the draft comes along but I want Dak given every chance to succeed. It will do us no good to have a stacked defense and no one on the outside for Dak to throw to.
Old 12-03-2017, 04:50 PM   #4070
MVP

rkwittem's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hassan Darkside
Way too early to pass judgment on Taco. A lot of teams passed on Foster because of his injury, we drafted a LB that we had to redshirt the season before.

Some of yall give up on players way too easily. Byron Jones is fine. He was a position of need when we drafted him and set the combine on fire with his workout numbers. We played him all over the secondary before moving him to safety in a less than stellar secondary. He needs to play more coverage and center field because he struggles with run support and covering big athletic TEs, though Marinelli insists on leaving him on an island with them.

Heath needs to be benched and they should try to use Jones's versatility at safety and at the nickel corner.

The player I've been most disappointed with is Anthony Brown. He was a revelation last year and this year he's probably been our worst corner.
Taco was a joke in college and wildly overrated a prospect. He had one good year in college and has barely done anything at the NFL level. The guys we passed on- TJ Watt, Foster, Ryan Ramczyk, Kevin King, etc. would have all provided more value than he has this year. I have serious doubts about his ability to make up that difference over the next 3 years of his contract. I would have much rather gambled on Foster.
Old 12-03-2017, 05:32 PM   #4071
Pro

Quote:
So wait, do you want to replace Sean Lee with Jaylon Smith at WLB in future? They don't play the same spot right now. Not sure if that's their future plan.

I wouldn't marry myself to drafting a LB early. I'm not even sure I want one in the 1st round. (I'm a fan of Josey Jewell as a non-1st round prospect if you want someone to look at.) If you want a 1st round guy, Roquon Smith is a guy I've seen mocked to us.

DT, S, and OL are also on my list of concerns. There a lot of intriguing 1st round guys at those spots that we could potentially be in place to draft.

Personally, I'd rather take a WR so we can get away from limited players like Williams and Beasley on offense. I'm thinking Courtland Sutton ideally but there are a couple others I'd consider. We'll obviously know more as the draft comes along but I want Dak given every chance to succeed. It will do us no good to have a stacked defense and no one on the outside for Dak to throw to.

Actually I would prefer to move Jaylon to the strong side and draft a starting MLB. I honestly do not watch a lot of college football but from the highlights I’ve seen he’s exactly what this team needs. He’s really fast and is a tackling machine. The 1 worry I would have about him playing MLB is his size. He’s listed as 6’1” 225 lbs. I’d like to see what he measures at the combine. Worst case scenario you could keep Jaylon at MLB and put Roquan Smith at the SAM. He’d help the run defense immediately

They do need another DT but they need a huge run stuffer to play next to Irving. There’s no way they draft one of those in the top half of the draft. Christian Wilkins from Clemson would be a nice player to draft however he plays the same position as Irving.

If they go OL I would prefer for it to be RT. That way they can move Collins back to LG.

As for S, I think that’s really going to depend on how Frazier and Woods play the rest of the season. If they continue to play the way they did Thursday and if they continue to develop there won’t be a need to take a S high or maybe even at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2017, 05:57 PM   #4072
We Here

Hassan Darkside's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Taco was a joke in college and wildly overrated a prospect. He had one good year in college and has barely done anything at the NFL level. The guys we passed on- TJ Watt, Foster, Ryan Ramczyk, Kevin King, etc. would have all provided more value than he has this year. I have serious doubts about his ability to make up that difference over the next 3 years of his contract. I would have much rather gambled on Foster.
Joke in college is quite an overstatement.

Taco's only played 36% of possible snaps, hasn't really had much opportunity and to be honest, our DLine collectively has outperformed expectations.

You want to draft the best player possible but that can't be determined in just one season. I'd love to have the DROY on the team but only one guy gets it.

R-E-L-A-X.
Royce da 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
How many brothers fell victim to the skeet.........

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads »