Home

Washington Redskins Official Thread

This is a discussion on Washington Redskins Official Thread within the NFL Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-22-2015, 05:31 PM   #2321
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Washington Redskins Official Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
This is the starting QB for the Washington Redskins, who has seen his accuracy get worse and worse every week it seems. Look at his feet, this is a throw he's suppose to be stepping into.....
With a beautiful pocket too. Damn shame.

I'm more curious to see what happens when Jackson comes back because I want to see what that does to Crowder's role. It really shouldn't effect his playing time too much, which should make it easier for him to get open. I'd love to see him blow up. Him and Diggs have been the two WRs I'd like to see bust out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2015, 06:04 PM   #2322
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
With a beautiful pocket too. Damn shame.

I'm more curious to see what happens when Jackson comes back because I want to see what that does to Crowder's role. It really shouldn't effect his playing time too much, which should make it easier for him to get open. I'd love to see him blow up. Him and Diggs have been the two WRs I'd like to see bust out.
I think its good and bad for Crowder. Good he is developing into everything they said he could be. Bad, his progress is being slowed this (and probably next) year but some abysmal QB play. Says a lot about WR coach Ike Hillard IMO. Even Richard Ross is starting to show the spark to attack the deep area of the field.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 12-28-2015, 03:09 PM   #2323
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

So Kirk and most of the team progressed a lot more than any of us expected as this season went on. Jay Gruden knew exactly how to spend his XP to turn Cousins into a good starter. I get that we'll only be 8-8 or 9-7, but the amount of progression by this team as the year went on is exciting. This organization actually took a step forward for once at the midpoint of this season.

This doesn't feel like some funny run like 2012 with Griffin and the read option. This actually feels like a football team that took steps towards becoming a good football team in all phases of the game. I know the stats don't say it, but for the first time in years I actually have confidence in the offense that they can score on any possession when we desperately need it and I feel that the defense has gotten to a point where they can get stops when needed.

I am in no way saying this team has reached world beater status, but the team we've seen the last 6 or 7 weeks is so much better than the team that played the first half of the year. It seems like there is real leadership there, the roster is competent, players are actually getting better under the coaching staff, etc. etc.

I don't expect us to make a deep run in the playoffs, but I actually feel we can be competitive against Seattle or whoever it is we face. It feels great to be a Redskin again and I am just really excited for the playoffs and the future.

― Plato
Old 12-28-2015, 03:43 PM   #2324
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Gruden and McCloughan hopefully showed Dan Snyder and Bruce Allen the value of letting football people make football decisions. I was as hard as anyone on Cousins after the Jets game, and IMO it was well earned. But, this team and these players and coaches rallied around whatever it was the Gruden was selling. From the Tampa Bay game on you could see the trust the offensive coaches had in Cousins. 3rd and longs were no longer check down and try not to lose the game downs. THey were go for the converstion, with a trust that if the throw at the sticks wasn't there Cousins would do the right thing with the ball. Having Jackson back also made those throws a bit easier as he would take two defenders with him vertically.

Defensivly the moving of Hall to FS somehow worked. D. Hall has become a physical finisher in the running game, he comes flying up and drops the hammer. It seems like that has changed the whole dynamic of the defense. They are playing the run better and the whole unit has a "nasty" feel to them. Much like Cousins, Preston Smith has developed into a pretty good situational pass rusher. 4 of his 7 sacks have come in the last two weeks. The Post said the vets got in his *** after he lolly-gagged that long TD run vs New Orleans and he has been a much better player since. Its amazing what they are doing at the MLB position as well.

I agree this team isn't gonna make a run in the playoffs. But this year unlike 2012, I feel like we can give whoever we play wild card weekend a game and a win would not surprise me at all. Don't think we have an answer for Arizona w/ Palmer and Carolina has a very good defense so those games would be uphill the whole way, but they should win the 1st round game. I would like to see an concerted effort to improve the secondary in the off-season. Its only a matter of time before a team exposes Dunbar and I don't trust Blackmon as the nickle CB.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 12-10-2018, 04:57 PM   #2325
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinsFan4Life
With the 21st pick in the draft, the Redskins TRADE to the Atlanta Falcons.
I'm not sure that is right
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2020, 09:19 PM   #2326
Rookie

wizfan2's Arena

OVR: 3

Off the field, it's not about the name.
"You ain't seen bad, but it's coming"
See Washington Post, July 16th.

** Quote from Movie, Next of Kin**

"A wise man never knows all, only a fool knows everything"

"If you were making a list of people you trusted, would you put your name down"
-NF "Only"

Last edited by wizfan2; 07-15-2020 at 09:22 PM. Reason: Not finished
Old 07-16-2020, 09:45 AM   #2327
Strike Hard and Fade Away

Fresh Tendrils's Arena

OVR: 51

I'm so glad I stopped supporting this mess of an organization and team. They were only a source of a disappointment and frustration for 20 years of my life.

Old 07-22-2020, 04:17 PM   #2328
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh Tendrils
I'm so glad I stopped supporting this mess of an organization and team. They were only a source of a disappointment and frustration for 20 years of my life.
Sounds like us Knicks fans, lol. Who's worse Fresh, Snyder or Dolan?

I root for the Giants, but I really do feel bad for Washington fans. I remember when it was a proud franchise during the 80s. Nothing was better than watching Parcells vs. Gibbs on CBS with Madden & Summerall. Even though Washington is a division rival, I never had the hate for them that I have for Dallas & Philly.

Unfortunately, owners can't be fired.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads »