Home

2008 Oakland Raiders.

This is a discussion on 2008 Oakland Raiders. within the NFL Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-27-2008, 03:46 PM   #9
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

OVR: 67
Re: 2008 Oakland Raiders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I grew up idolizing Jim Plunkett and Marcus Allen. I also loved the silver and black uniforms.

Oh and about your little comment there..

Marcus Allen and Jim Plunkett are true greats. I don't like the silver and black though. A bit bland for me. There are 2 players on your team that I do like though. Darren McFadden and JaMarcus Russel. That's the only good thing about being a bad team. You get the best talent
Old 07-27-2008, 06:35 PM   #10
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZRr1275
Marcus Allen and Jim Plunkett are true greats. I don't like the silver and black though. A bit bland for me. There are 2 players on your team that I do like though. Darren McFadden and JaMarcus Russel. That's the only good thing about being a bad team. You get the best talent
Hopefully this year we only aquire good talent and not great.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 07-27-2008, 07:54 PM   #11
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

OVR: 67

Quote:
Hopefully this year we only aquire good talent and not great.
I do too. I'm fairly anti-raider as far as fanhood goes so I don't enjoy seeing suck up all the ncaa's talent.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2008, 03:06 AM   #12
Commitment to Excellence

Howie75's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Hopefully we can stop the run a little bit better this year and Russell can find a go to receiver which I really don't know who will emerge from the group. I look at our schedule and think that 8-8 isn't out of the question and another year of rebuilding and gelling could put us back into the playoff hunt next year.

Hopefully the Davis/Kiffin saga will end and not rise again during the course of the season. Kiffin is a talented young coach that I think if given time will lead us in the same manner as Jon Gruden.

The season starts off huge for us with back to back divisional foes. If we can manage to split those two games, I'll be happy with where we stand. Win both, I'll probably faint, lose both and I'll be looking at the top 5 collegiate players for next year's draft. Gotta at least split the first two.

Being a big UofL fan I am hoping to see Bush get back on the field this fall. I wouldn't be surprised if we used him as a H-Back from time to time.

Go RAIDERS!!!
Apparently Bush is looking really good so far in camp. I defnitely think he' sgoing to be a big piece of the puzzle.

Kiffin said since each of the backs have some unique skills, he is not going to have a predetrmined 3rd down back etc. He will use all three (Bush, McFadden, Fargas in a variety of situations).

Throw in the fact that Fargas' style makes him susceptible to injury, and we might see a lot of Bush this season.
Old 08-05-2008, 04:32 PM   #13
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

Hopefully Javon produces decent numbers after this past week's report that stated he wanted to retire. The story was confirmed by Kiffin as well. We really dont have a clear cut #1 receiver as it is, so without him its pretty much up for grabs.
Old 09-09-2008, 04:54 AM   #14
Swiitch U? lol

Rawdeal28's Arena

OVR: 33

that game was disgusting. Rob Ryan better get this defense together fast. Hall and Gibril getting toasted by a rookie!

if i see this again next week by the defense i want Ryan out!
I'm sure there's plenty of prostitutes you could pay if you really want vd.
Quote:
yea but will they take psn cards
Depends on what area of a hooker you would use to redeem them.

lol
Old 09-09-2008, 02:10 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

DTX3's Arena

OVR: 56

Im not sure why Davis wanted him to stay in the first place, that performance was one of the worse in years if you can believe that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2008, 02:25 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

DTX3's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
After the Oakland Raiders embarrassing loss at home on Monday night at the hands of the Denver Broncos, rumors have surfaced regarding Lane Kiffin’s future as head coach of the Silver & Black.

The 41-14 defeat in front of the ‘Black Hole’ has lead sources close to SBReport to believe that Kiffin’s days are numbered.

With signs at McAfee Coliseum that stated ‘Kiffin must go’ appearing during the broadcast and the reported rocky relationship between ownership and the young head coach, many signs indicate that Oakland owner Al Davis may shake up the team by letting go of his second year head coach.

Sources state that Oakland could be ready to part ways, or if the Raiders do not show any signs of improvement over the coming weeks and they continue to display lackluster efforts, a move could be made by the team’s bye week.

Stay tuned to SBReport for the latest Raider news and any further developments regarding the head coaching position in Oakland.
The one man who shouldn't go might, Davis and Ryan are the problems here, not Kiffin.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads »