Home

Official Seattle Seahawks Thread

This is a discussion on Official Seattle Seahawks Thread within the NFL Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-05-2012, 12:13 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Official Seattle Seahawks Thread

Thanks to the NFL for giving me something to think about besides how ugly those uniforms are.....Matt Hasselbeck and Jake Locker return to Seattle for the first pre season game of the year.

As much as I absolutely hate the idea of paying full price for a glorified scimmage....I may just have to go to this game as I was (and still am when he is not playing the Hawks) a huge Matt Hasselbeck fan and it will be great to see him at the CLink again.
Old 05-13-2012, 07:50 PM   #74
MVP

OVR: 6

Russell Wilson will be a part of the starting QB competition.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...yndication=rss
Old 06-20-2012, 05:33 PM   #75
Rookie

Anyone else in Hawksville think a three way QB competition is the worst possible thing?

You've got 2 out of 3 guys coming in learning a brand new offense, the 1 guy that knows the offense is a career backup. I will give you the fact that he had a decent season last year and really turned my head when he played with that torn peck....but still, he is not the guy clearly. If he were the guy, why pursue Flynn...why draft a QB as high as round 3?

You plug Flynn in as the starter and let him learn this offense with first team. Then let Tarvaris and Russell fight it out for backup honors. Don't take valuable snaps away from Flynn....that's like telling someone to swim the length of Lake Washington...but wait...you will need this backpack filled with rocks first.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2012, 07:14 PM   #76
Rookie

Later Big Mike!

Seahawks cut Mike Williams today.

And I'm still P.O.ed by this "3-way QB competition"
Old 07-20-2012, 09:34 PM   #77
Rookie

Wow...not a peep on Marshawn getting busted?

Did all the Seahawks fans die in here?
Old 07-22-2012, 05:25 PM   #78
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by nortran11
Later Big Mike!

Seahawks cut Mike Williams today.

And I'm still P.O.ed by this "3-way QB competition"
I was surprised a bit by this. I knew SOMEONE had to go...but I trust Pete. Wish Big Mike well wherever he may wind up.

Quote:
Wow...not a peep on Marshawn getting busted?

Did all the Seahawks fans die in here?
Maybe not dead...possibly pre-season hibernation LOL

I was disappointed, but the most important thing is no one was hurt. Hanging with his boys back in Oakland....I was not too shocked. I doubt he gets suspended for more than a game or two, if he gets suspended at all.

I'm choosing to not get on my soap box though about being a pro athlete and doing this kinda stuff. At least for now.

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"
Old 07-26-2012, 01:23 AM   #79
Rookie

Two big signings.

Chris Clemons signed a multi year deal for an undisclosed amount. I don't know about the other Hawk fans out there, but I really like Clemons and and happy to see him remain a Hawk. I think he and Bruce Irvin could really wreak havok on opposing QBs

We also got Max Unger to agree to a multi year deal today. Again, dollars and length undisclosed...and again I am happy they resigned him. Max has been one of those guys that has flown under the radar and while he isn't going to end up on any all pro teams, you watch him the field and say "Damn...that's a pretty good center"
Old 07-26-2012, 09:58 AM   #80
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Two big signings.

Chris Clemons signed a multi year deal for an undisclosed amount. I don't know about the other Hawk fans out there, but I really like Clemons and and happy to see him remain a Hawk. I think he and Bruce Irvin could really wreak havok on opposing QBs

We also got Max Unger to agree to a multi year deal today. Again, dollars and length undisclosed...and again I am happy they resigned him. Max has been one of those guys that has flown under the radar and while he isn't going to end up on any all pro teams, you watch him the field and say "Damn...that's a pretty good center"
Agreed, two great signings. Clemons was great last season, and he can help bring Irvin along. Unger had a very solid year last year, he finally came around and I'm delighted we locked him up.

Along with those signings came the 'we're shopping Tavaris' thing. I think Wilson and Flynn have impressed enough that TJ is no longer needed and they'd like to put his salary to other needs.

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads »