Home

Official Buffalo Bills Thread

This is a discussion on Official Buffalo Bills Thread within the NFL Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-11-2017, 09:00 PM   #2833
Rookie

BarfytheOwl's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Official Buffalo Bills Thread

I believe Carolina's defense slipped this year because of a poor secondary after the loss of Norman, injuries, and just being out of sync with each other on field. McDermott definitely isn't Mr. Perfect Track Record, but I think he can shape Buffalo back into a top 15 defense. I believe he's going to be changing our scheme back to 4-3, which excites me. I would like McCoy as an Offensive Coordinator, but even if we can't get him could always get Norv Turner.
Old 01-11-2017, 11:13 PM   #2834
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdtc
I'm pretty cool with this move. McDermott was one of my top candidates. I like the pairing of a Mike McCoy if he gets the OC. He got the most out of Tebow then, yes Rivers is a top QB, made the SD offense that's always been ravaged by injuries keep going.

I must admit, this year's Panthers defense worries me. Was Norman the deciding factor there? How about Keuchly or Thomas Davis? I'm on board with McDermott, but his record isn't spotless.

Speaking of spotless records, the PHI/BUF connection continues. McDermott took over for the late Jim Johnson in Philly years ago. He could never have filled those shoes, but it's been years and he's obviously worked his way up to become a HC now. Congrats to him.

Now I'm not sure exactly the type of coach he is, but he seems to be more of a disciplinarian then Ryan which the players said needed to be addressed. Plus, were a cold weather team, so getting a defensive coach just makes sense to me. Offensive ineptitude sucks and we aren't that far removed from it, but damn it feels great to have a beast of a defense. Hopefully McDermott can restore that hard nosed, get after you mentality we had.

Hopefully the run game continues to be as top notch as it's been, but I believe a lot of that depends on the situation with Taylor. Interested to see what happens this offseason. To be honest, while I dig the hire, I'm not expecting more then 5 wins next year. I don't think this roster is as close as we thought it was. Our top picks from this draft barely had any playing time due to injury. Potentially starting over with a new QB, a new HC and offense to learn, there's going to be serious growing pains. But I'm fine with it, as long as there is DIRECTION. A plan in place.

Gotta give props to Whaley here when it's due. I've been a harsh critic, and I still don't think he's the right guy, but he owned this search and he got a coach I'm happy with. I was worried we'd be left in the cold and taking slim pickings with the drama the last couple weeks surrounding this team, but he got a top notch guy. Bravo Doug.
I share your guarded optimism but I also realize that this team probably isn't as close as we all once thought. The WR situation is pretty dire, the O-Line while great at run blocking is piss poor at protecting the QB and our secondary got torched. I think we'll be lucky to get 5-6 wins next year depending on the QB situation.

Regarding the OC position i've heard that one of the options if McCoy ends up going to Denver is Norv Turner which I can live with. I think his last year in Minny was more of a product of a power struggle with Zimmer and behind the scenes personal issues. If he's back to a football frame of mind then he's an excellent guy to handle a young QB at the helm. He wouldn't be my first choice but he's an acceptable backup plan.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 01-12-2017, 09:02 AM   #2835
Rookie

BarfytheOwl's Arena

I'll say 7 wins if everything goes well next season. I'm an optimist sometimes. I like Woods but we need a real No. 2 option, preferably someone with a little height.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2017, 03:45 PM   #2836
Rookie

BarfytheOwl's Arena

Leslie Frazier new Bills D coord. Thoughts?
Old 01-13-2017, 03:51 PM   #2837
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarfytheOwl
Leslie Frazier new Bills D coord. Thoughts?
Love it! This is going to be a very intense and hard working group. I'm excited to see who the new offensive coordinator will be.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 01-13-2017, 04:15 PM   #2838
Rookie

BarfytheOwl's Arena

I'm hoping for Turner or McCoy like rumors are saying, other than those two I have no ideas. As long as they all work together well and can run a competent team, I don't truly care who's name it is.
Old 01-13-2017, 04:17 PM   #2839
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26
Official Buffalo Bills Thread

Don't want Norv. Would love McCoy but that doesn't seem to be happening at this point.

Good with the Frazier hire. Another strong defensive mind to pair with McDermott. I actually like that he's not saying this defense is mine, but getting another good defensive coach to head it up.

Lynn hired by SD... Errr, LA2. Good for him but glad he didn't get sucked in to staying here in Buffalo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 01-13-2017, 06:51 PM   #2840
Rookie

BarfytheOwl's Arena

Yeah I like Frazier, and I'm happy for Anthony Lynn. With Buffalo (most likely) switching back to 4-3, it would seem we have a surplus of linebackers. Shaq would, in my opinion, probably move to end, along with Adolphus Washington. Dareus and Williams inside. P. Brown inside, Z. Brown and Ragland outside. What becomes of Lorenzo Alexander? Situational rusher role? Trade bait? Granted, this is all in my head, I'm just curious as to what you guys think they'll do.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads »