Home

Official New Orleans Saints Thread

This is a discussion on Official New Orleans Saints Thread within the NFL Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2012, 03:48 PM   #25
$$$

Chrisksaint's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Official New Orleans Saints Thread

Interested to see what becomes of the WRs this OTA/Training camp.

Colston/Moore are top, but then we got Nick Toon, Old Man Devery, Adrian Arrington and Joseph Morgan. If anything I kinda hope Morgan makes it and Arrington gets dropped or something as I think he has a better chance of replacing Devery.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2012, 03:52 PM   #26
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

OVR: 20

I know a lot of Saints fans are still enamored with Arrington but I think we've seen all were going to get from this guy. He is not a Colston replacement and from the what Ive seen of Morgan I'm really excited to see this kid get on the field.
Old 05-24-2012, 04:08 PM   #27
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

Joe Vitt Presser May 24th, some pretty good info in regards to Spags defensive plan with players and such.

http://www.neworleanssaints.com/medi...e-f119a8244de9
Old 05-24-2012, 08:29 PM   #28
$$$

Chrisksaint's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABR173rd
I know a lot of Saints fans are still enamored with Arrington but I think we've seen all were going to get from this guy. He is not a Colston replacement and from the what Ive seen of Morgan I'm really excited to see this kid get on the field.
Which is why I want to see Morgan over Arrington unless he falls apart in preseason, Toon sounds like more of a Colston replacement and Morgan seems to have the skillset of Devery who will have to be be replaced soon.
Old 05-29-2012, 10:42 AM   #29
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

"The Saints want it noted that they signed Brees coming off shoulder when other teams were leery. General manager Mickey Loomis and owner Tom Benson have maintained confidence that a deal will get done. At the event to commemorate Benson's induction into the Saints' Hall of Fame, he said, "I assure you that Drew Brees will be playing here."

Was just reading this article on NFL.com and if I can remember correctly weren't we pushing for Daunte Culpepper and he went with the Dolphins? I know a lot of fans were pulling for Culpepper and we also drafted Adrian Mcpherson who was supposed to be the second coming of Michael of Vick.

I thought it was funny the front office wanted this noted, as if we had any other choice at that point.
Old 05-29-2012, 11:03 AM   #30
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
"The Saints want it noted that they signed Brees coming off shoulder when other teams were leery. General manager Mickey Loomis and owner Tom Benson have maintained confidence that a deal will get done. At the event to commemorate Benson's induction into the Saints' Hall of Fame, he said, "I assure you that Drew Brees will be playing here."

Was just reading this article on NFL.com and if I can remember correctly weren't we pushing for Daunte Culpepper and he went with the Dolphins? I know a lot of fans were pulling for Culpepper and we also drafted Adrian Mcpherson who was supposed to be the second coming of Michael of Vick.

I thought it was funny the front office wanted this noted, as if we had any other choice at that point.
I don't know about Culpepper but I know that the plans were to draft Leinart if a quarterback wasn't gotten in free agency. I'm so glad that that never happened.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 05-29-2012, 01:56 PM   #31
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:

I think it's fair to say Brees has paid the team back with interest for them making that decision. What an idiot. If anything, his memory of that signing should be good enough to understand why Brees is fighting so hard against the franchise tag.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2012, 04:34 PM   #32
$$$

Chrisksaint's Arena

I'd have more respect for the Saints in this situation if they just straight up said they don't want to pay him that much to save a little cap space in the future.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads »