Home

Responsiveness to attribute tweaking

This is a discussion on Responsiveness to attribute tweaking within the NHL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2008, 12:08 AM   #1
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27
Responsiveness to attribute tweaking

There's a lot of good in this game offline. I'm not looking to have a pros/cons thread. God knows we have enough of those for both titles. But, I absolutely have been hating this constant drive down the middle and shoot. That is not programming I would have expected from this team. I really didn't want to get into changing around even one attribute, especially without a global editor. But, I was curious and needed to know. I did a 10 min. period exhibition game between the Ducks (cpu) and the NYI. I worked some sliders based off of o6 to my liking. I took the Ducks F1 line and dumbed puck handling and shot frequency way, way down. I also made sure the D1 line shooting was practically maxed. In game, I jacked up the Ducks dumping tendency way up for most all lines. I was fairly surprised that this middle drive move seemed to subside. I'm going to do some more testing and I'm almost hoping it doesn't work, otherwise I'm going to be tempted to tweak away.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2008, 02:17 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Responsiveness to attribute tweaking

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
There's a lot of good in this game offline. I'm not looking to have a pros/cons thread. God knows we have enough of those for both titles. But, I absolutely have been hating this constant drive down the middle and shoot. That is not programming I would have expected from this team. I really didn't want to get into changing around even one attribute, especially without a global editor. But, I was curious and needed to know. I did a 10 min. period exhibition game between the Ducks (cpu) and the NYI. I worked some sliders based off of o6 to my liking. I took the Ducks F1 line and dumbed puck handling and shot frequency way, way down. I also made sure the D1 line shooting was practically maxed. In game, I jacked up the Ducks dumping tendency way up for most all lines. I was fairly surprised that this middle drive move seemed to subside. I'm going to do some more testing and I'm almost hoping it doesn't work, otherwise I'm going to be tempted to tweak away.
Maybe have to up the dump and chase for all teams then. The tendencies they listed already do seem to be lower then what you see on TV. I would be curious to see what your sliders will be. I'm also extremely frustrated at the constant spin-o-ramas and superstar moves. I wish the would have at least kept that slider option this year.
Old 09-20-2008, 03:03 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 17

Good god, player edits? ::shudders::

Yeah, that cpu beeline to the net ai is rather annoying. I just dread thinking of editing attributes again, though. Been there, done that.
Old 09-20-2008, 12:17 PM   #4
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Well, the dump is one possibility. I made it 95 for all lines and it was a dump-fest for the cpu. Turning it down to 85 and then even 90 seemed to practically take it away all together. I'm going to go up one by one to 94 and see if it has any effect. VC's NFL 2K5 had some sensitivity on some sliders by simply changing it by one increment (fatigue for example), so maybe with this too. I don't think attribute tweaking (thankfully) is making much of a difference with more of the testing I did last night. Puzzling.
Old 09-20-2008, 02:28 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 47

Strategy is the key. Too bad we can't find away to make all the lines different. I know you can, but where would you find that info? I notice when I had dump at 95 and attack lower and had toughness up they did more dump and chase. I would be so cool to have all the lines the way they should be in real life. I see they have all the 4 lines set up the same for every team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2008, 03:02 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
Strategy is the key. Too bad we can't find away to make all the lines different. I know you can, but where would you find that info? I notice when I had dump at 95 and attack lower and had toughness up they did more dump and chase. I would be so cool to have all the lines the way they should be in real life. I see they have all the 4 lines set up the same for every team.
I think it was in 2k6 that they had strategies set up for each team that were supposed to mirror their typical play in the real NHL. Too bad that went by the wayside since then. It'd definitely be a good idea to start a thread to gather info about each team's play style. (hint, hint)
Old 09-20-2008, 03:32 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by original6
I think it was in 2k6 that they had strategies set up for each team that were supposed to mirror their typical play in the real NHL. Too bad that went by the wayside since then. It'd definitely be a good idea to start a thread to gather info about each team's play style. (hint, hint)
Yep, it would be hard though. I mean I know the Sharks, but not all the lines. I think the first line is pretty much how the strats are set up for every team. If we can set up the other lines we should have a really great playing game.
Old 09-23-2008, 04:06 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau

Cant you change to each line with the bumpers (or triggers) and then set each lines strategy?

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K »