Home

NHL 2K10 Video Preview (Gamespot)

This is a discussion on NHL 2K10 Video Preview (Gamespot) within the NHL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2009, 03:03 PM   #89
Banned

OVR: 47
Re: NHL 2K10 Video Preview (Gamespot)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
Yeah I guess I was off on that one, I didn't realize just how rediculously big trappers are these days. Yet another reason why tender equipment should have a size reduction.
I agree then, but the Ducks goalie would be in big trouble.

Also the reason his shoulders look like that is because he is shrugging. That is the animation after giving up a goal he shrugs his shoulders.
Old 08-13-2009, 09:34 PM   #90
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: NHL 2K10 Video Preview (Gamespot)

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
I appreciate your POV. But I have to ask: What is motivating them to do that? Are they taking their new mantrum to cater to the pick-up-and-play crowd to an extreme here? Do they think that pretty rinks are going to wow the crowd into opening their wallets? Sorry, I question that development strategy. There is so much that's wrong with their game, and the last thing they need to be doing is upgrading the one aspect that's already much better than the competition.
I hear ya. But I think with the potential improvements as shared by the 2 dev insights, they seem to have improved a lot of the aspects for which they were slammed last year. If the game is really improved gameplay wise, they will be able to use this authentic arena and intros to differentiate themselves from EA and trying to capture the portion of the market that thinks that EA lacks in presentation which brings authenticity. Maybe it's just me that sees things this way. Just to give you an example, I bought 2k6 (on Original Xbox) after playing the debacle of NHL05. One of the reasons I got the game was because they had customizable soundtrack and goalhorns which made the game so much more authentic to me. That combined with the gameplay

I also think that tomorrow's insight which is supposed to be AI Improvements by WWTC has the potential of really getting things going for VC and 2K.

We've seen what the body of the car looks like, now we'll get to get a glimpse of what's under the hood

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K »