Home

NHL 2K11 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NHL 2K11 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here within the NHL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2010, 04:46 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: NHL 2K11 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
I get what you're saying but at the same time that's what message boards are for. Peter_OS didn't like the game and voiced his opinion. He's not wrong for having those thoughts about 2k11.

And who knows? Maybe he'll play a bit more, get used to the controls or tweak the sliders and eventually come to a different conclusion?
This thread was asking for impressions and we have to accept the bad ones with the good ones.

I should have my copy shortly and I will be buying a Classic Controller for it. I'm hoping my experience with a regular controller will be a good one.

I know what you are saying, but he wasnt giving an early impression the conclusion was its the worst sports game he has ever played. On release day with what maximum of a few hours play?

In my opinion that isnt giving a 50 dollar investment a fair go.

Like you say with getting used to it and sliders and trying different control schemes then you can declare something is the worst ever either its just saying it for impact.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2010, 05:57 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 47

I don't mind his impressions, but when you say it is not great graphic wise, then I will say it is a Wii game. To me they look OK for a Wii game. I also find it odd that one would complain that they spent $50 for this game, you could have rent it first right? No one force to buy it. So I say buyer beware when you have to have the game now and not wait for a review or to rent it first.
Old 08-24-2010, 06:03 PM   #27
Pro

JimmyDeicide's Arena

OVR: 5

As far as the graphics go some of the vids out there make it look really good for a Wii game so lets cover all the options on that before labeling the worst ever.

Maybe someone from 2k can explain what their set up was on the bus if the tv's had filters, progressive scan anything because it is really hard these days to play a game with bad graphics.

I thought 2k10 for ps2 was an awesome game of hockey but i just couldnt play it as much as it was just horrible to look at.

So someone do some tweaking before they blast it please.
Old 08-24-2010, 07:08 PM   #28
Banned

Peter_OS's Arena

OVR: 20

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I still stand by mine.

I have been a customer of 2K sports and their games for a very long time. I have spent $$$ of dollars to buy their games. This is the first time (in a long time), I have felt very dissapointed in a purchase. I was expecting so much more, especially knowing that it was a Wii exclusive.

I'm sorry if I came out with all that negativity about the game. It's my own impressions. You might not like what I have to say about the game. Everyone is different. Like one of the producers said, the controls might not be your cup of tea. I recommend you try the game for yourself, and then judge with more playing time. Please don't base it on one person's early impressions.

I will hold onto this game, and pickup a classic controller. I will give it another chance. I'm still turned off by the way the game looks and plays. Agressive CPU, frustrating controls, jaggies etc.. Maybe with some tweaking of the sliders, and TV settings it will help. Waiting on Money99's impressions and tweaks. Always been a fan of his work and his impressions on hockey games.

Interested to know for those who have a 50+" LCD TV. How does it look and play on your TV?

Last edited by Peter_OS; 08-24-2010 at 07:37 PM.
Old 08-24-2010, 07:10 PM   #29
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow71
As mentioned elsewhere, be sure to nab the day one roster update.

Features --> 2K Share --> Download

It should be accurate to about the end of last week, and has some notable changes over the shipped roster, including the new NHL schedule for franchise etc.
I downloaded the updated roster and started a new franchise. The updated roster was indeed there, but the schedule was still the 2009-10 schedule. Is there something special that needs to be done in order to get the schedule updated along with the roster?

Also, the franchise salary cap shows as 56.8 million, the cap from 2009-10. The actual 10-11 cap is 59.4 million. Are there any plans to correct this, or is there even a way to update this?
Old 08-24-2010, 07:20 PM   #30
Banned

Peter_OS's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
I don't mind his impressions, but when you say it is not great graphic wise, then I will say it is a Wii game. To me they look OK for a Wii game. I also find it odd that one would complain that they spent $50 for this game, you could have rent it first right? No one force to buy it. So I say buyer beware when you have to have the game now and not wait for a review or to rent it first.
I can name a long list of games on the Wii that look and play better with controls on the Wii. Just because it's a Wii game doesn't mean we should overlook it. I wasn't expecting PS3/Xbox 360 graphics. No. Early impressions from others, have also noted this. So I'm not alone when I say the graphics in this game are poor.

Last edited by Peter_OS; 08-24-2010 at 09:16 PM.
Old 08-24-2010, 08:13 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_OS
I can name a long list of games on the Wii that look and play better with controls on the Wii. Just because it's a Wii game doesn't mean we need to overlook it. I wasn't expecting PS3/Xbox 360 graphics. No. Early impressions from others, have also noted this. So I'm not alone when I say the graphics in this game are poor.
They are horrendous for me too. Just tons of jaggys and sparkles all over the place. I found that disabling 16:9 on the wii itself made it a bit better; I don't think the game supports widescreen. I wish I had an old tv to play this on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2010, 12:08 AM   #32
Rookie

Peter i dont undestand why u playing nhl2k11 wii on a 50 inch tv. I dont believe any wii game will look that great playing wit that size. Its a last gen console like the ps2 and xbox. Play on a standard size lcd and just enjoy the game or scale down the size on ur 50inch. If graphically u still bothered trade in the game and just continue playing ur sports games on ur next gen console.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K »