Home

NHL 2K8 Custom Goal Horns - Huge Delay

This is a discussion on NHL 2K8 Custom Goal Horns - Huge Delay within the NHL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-02-2018, 09:37 AM   #1
Rookie

PhillyGuy11826's Arena

OVR: 1
NHL 2K8 Custom Goal Horns - Huge Delay

In my other stretches where I played this game obsessively I would implement custom goal horns, so I know what I'm doing. I assign the playlists, & turn the in-game goal horn down.

But now as I play this game again, I have done the same except this time around there is a massive massive delay to where more often than not the horn/song I have implemented won't even play until after the replay cycles have finished/after the faceoff. When I played previously, the horn/song would start almost instantly after the puck went in the net.

I am streaming the music/playlists from my computer rather than having them burned to a disk and transferred to my console's hard drive. Could that be the issue? I had zero problems before with streaming, could it be that the wireless adapter built into the console (360 slim) isn't strong enough to handle it?

Could the problem lie with the files themselves? I had to rip them from youtube since 2kHockey/NHLGaming sadly no longer exist.

Last edited by PhillyGuy11826; 05-02-2018 at 09:42 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2018, 02:12 PM   #2
Rookie

WWEDX2007's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 2K8 Custom Goal Horns - Huge Delay

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyGuy11826
In my other stretches where I played this game obsessively I would implement custom goal horns, so I know what I'm doing. I assign the playlists, & turn the in-game goal horn down.

But now as I play this game again, I have done the same except this time around there is a massive massive delay to where more often than not the horn/song I have implemented won't even play until after the replay cycles have finished/after the faceoff. When I played previously, the horn/song would start almost instantly after the puck went in the net.

I am streaming the music/playlists from my computer rather than having them burned to a disk and transferred to my console's hard drive. Could that be the issue? I had zero problems before with streaming, could it be that the wireless adapter built into the console (360 slim) isn't strong enough to handle it?

Could the problem lie with the files themselves? I had to rip them from youtube since 2kHockey/NHLGaming sadly no longer exist.
Songs ripped from CDs to the hard drive load and play faster than streamed files. this is the case for custom soundtracks on all games.

I recommend CD's and dropping the streaming.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K »