Home

Mortal Kombat 1 (MK 12)

This is a discussion on Mortal Kombat 1 (MK 12) within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-12-2023, 12:15 PM   #1
Horror Movie Guru

Dead2009's Arena

OVR: 0
Mortal Kombat 1 (MK 12)

https://www.darkhorizons.com/mortal-...reboot-teased/

The next entry in the “Mortal Kombat” franchise, the twelfth overall, is reportedly set to deliver a reboot of the franchise. Warner and NetherRealm have teased plans to reveal the game imminently, with two recently released videos hinting at its reboot status.

One video posted to the official Mortal Kombat Twitter account shows the second hand of a clock ticking from 9 to 10 to 11 and then skipping twelve and going straight to 1. Another has sands in an hourglass coming to an end with the final grain of sand pausing in mid-air and exploding.

Separately, reliable scooper billbil-kun has claimed (via VGC) that “Mortal Kombat 1” will be released for PS5, Xbox Series X/S, PC and Nintendo Switch. This ties in with Warner Bros. Discovery CEO David Zaslav’s comments from February which indicated the next “Mortal Kombat” will be released this year.

The most recent game, “Mortal Kombat 11,” had a special hourglass play a key role with Liu Kang using the device, which has the potential to rewind and rewrite time and history.

This wouldn’t be the first franchise reboot as the last one happened back in 2011 with the ninth overall title. The game series launched in 1992 and has sold over 72 million games, with the 2019 eleventh entry selling a very strong 12 million copies on its own.

Though E3 has been cancelled for this year, Summer Game Fest along with special presentations by Xbox, PlayStation and more are all expected in early-mid June with reveals for titles coming in the back half of the year and 2024 expected.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2023, 07:08 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Mortal Kombat 1 (MK 12)

https://youtu.be/VIzef_9kk4A
Old 05-21-2023, 09:28 PM   #3
MVP

I put down the Mortal Kombat series a looong long time ago in a galaxy far far away lol. Game is NOT the one, Ill pass but enjoy!
Old 05-24-2023, 04:47 AM   #4
Just started!

The Mortal Kombat 1 gaming experience brings back fond memories of one of the most classic fighting games in the history of the gaming industry. Although it has been many years, Mortal Kombat 1 still retains its charm and built a huge fan community.

Mortal Kombat 1 made history by delivering dramatic and uncompromising matches. The special thing about this game is the gameplay is full of gore and violence, with punches, kicks and slashes that can make the opponent character's neck cut or explode. This is a controversial factor, but it is also what makes Mortal Kombat different and unique.

The graphics of Mortal Kombat 1 can be considered simple by modern standards. But that doesn't detract from the game's appeal. Characters are designed in detail, and the combat moves are smooth, creating beautiful confrontations. The game's soundtrack is also notable, with epic epic sounds and signature melodies, creating an atmosphere of tension and suspense during gameplay.
Old 05-26-2023, 07:22 PM   #5
SOLDIER, First Class...

JazzMan's Arena

OVR: 23

Of all the fighting games I've played in my life (a lot lol), MK11 was probably the game that I had spent the most time with, and probably the closest I've gotten to becoming a "pro"

I know 11 was fairly divisive among hardcore FGC fans due to its comeback mechanic and the slower pace compared to MKX, but I absolutely loved it. MKX was chaotic, almost too much at times, and while fun, it was great to get things back to basics with MK11, and the animations are just soooo satisfying

Really looking forward to MK1/12, excited to see the direction they go with the story and roster

Green Bay Packers
Utah Jazz
Nebraska Cornhuskers

Dibs: AJ Lee
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2023, 12:41 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Audio is blocked for copyright claim but hopefully you all can still see this video from my Stream on MK1 stress test.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-26-2023, 10:28 PM   #7
Horror Movie Guru

Dead2009's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Audio is blocked for copyright claim but hopefully you all can still see this video from my Stream on MK1 stress test.

Says the video is down all together.

Old 07-18-2023, 09:02 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 11

Been a huge fan of the series since "Mortal Monday" wayyy back in September of 1993. Still playing it to this day (MK Trilogy/PS2 & MK IX/PS3).

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »