Home

DLP TV Help

This is a discussion on DLP TV Help within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2005, 07:21 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Unhappy DLP TV Help

I have a 56 inch DLP Samgung TV. I have had it slightly over a year. It is all hooked up with my stereo system. I just bought a pelican box so I would have enough component inputs. Everything is working fine untill I put a game in my XBOX that was over 470I ( I think that's the number) which is the lowest resolution. I had to go into my sttings on the XBOX and disable the higherresolution. I do not understand why it does not support higher resolutions. It has two compents, open and I am even using a DVI for my DVD player. With the 360 comming soon I have to find a solution. I called Samgung and they said it does not support higher resolution then 470I, yet when I checked online it says comp 2 does, yet I get no picture. In the meantime am I better off using S video or compent 1 at lower res? Also anybody have a recomendation for a 56 inch DLP set?

Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2005, 07:26 PM   #2
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: DLP TV Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by knicks69
I have a 56 inch DLP Samgung TV. I have had it slightly over a year. It is all hooked up with my stereo system. I just bought a pelican box so I would have enough component inputs. Everything is working fine untill I put a game in my XBOX that was over 470I ( I think that's the number) which is the lowest resolution. I had to go into my sttings on the XBOX and disable the higherresolution. I do not understand why it does not support higher resolutions. It has two compents, open and I am even using a DVI for my DVD player. With the 360 comming soon I have to find a solution. I called Samgung and they said it does not support higher resolution then 470I, yet when I checked online it says comp 2 does, yet I get no picture. In the meantime am I better off using S video or compent 1 at lower res? Also anybody have a recomendation for a 56 inch DLP set?

Thanks!
My 5674 HLP shows 480p and above games just fine on either component 1 or component 2. I have DirecTV on DVI, Cablebox on HDMI, Xbox on Component 1 and DVD on Component 2.
Old 10-20-2005, 05:47 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
My 5674 HLP shows 480p and above games just fine on either component 1 or component 2. I have DirecTV on DVI, Cablebox on HDMI, Xbox on Component 1 and DVD on Component 2.
Well, I am a retail sales mgr, so with that being said lets move on.

if you plan on buying another TV, do not buy a DLP for gaming. LCD's are the way to go now. To answer your question about s-video or component, use your component hookups always over s-vid, because component seperates the colors more (lamens terms) The reason why I say LCD over plasma and DLP is they are just as good as plasma, no burn ins like plasma, more viewing hours than DLP and Plasma, more cost effective, and same features. Those tiny mirrors in DLP produce a lag in gaming images that will become more relevant with the newer gaming systems. If u are looking to keep it, then keep it but I owuld recommend selling it and getting 42 - 52" LCD..Dont get a Sony, and samsung sux in the TV world...trust me. LG is good for LCD's, Hitachi is awesome for LCD's, and Panasonic has some excellent lcd's
Old 10-20-2005, 07:34 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

mjb2124's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuckmoufjonez
samsung sux in the TV world
Everything I've read states the complete opposite of that.

I also have a Samsung DLP and have had no problems playing games with higher resolutions (Xbox). No audio/video lag like many claim, no problems with button pressing lag, no problems at all.

The reason I took a DLP over an LCD is that I felt the contrast levels of a DLP were superior to that of an LCD and that the picture quality on a DLP was better than those on an LCD. Most reports I read also stated that DLP's PQ was closer to that of a plasma.

My uncle bought a Sony LCD and I wasn't very impressed when I saw it at his house. Up until that point, I was going to get that same TV. Wound up with the Sammy DLP and couldn't be happier.
Old 10-20-2005, 07:37 PM   #5
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

If you're gonna go DLP, Samsung is the way to go. No doubt.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2005, 07:58 PM   #6
I'm Ron F'n Swanson!

fishepa's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
samsung sux in the TV world
You have no idea what you're talking about.
Old 10-20-2005, 08:02 PM   #7
Banned

Herd90XB's Arena

I also have the 56-inch Samsung DLP and absolutely love it!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-20-2005, 10:35 PM   #8
Rookie

Smile Re: DLP TV Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuckmoufjonez
Well, I am a retail sales mgr, so with that being said lets move on.

if you plan on buying another TV, do not buy a DLP for gaming. LCD's are the way to go now. To answer your question about s-video or component, use your component hookups always over s-vid, because component seperates the colors more (lamens terms) The reason why I say LCD over plasma and DLP is they are just as good as plasma, no burn ins like plasma, more viewing hours than DLP and Plasma, more cost effective, and same features. Those tiny mirrors in DLP produce a lag in gaming images that will become more relevant with the newer gaming systems. If u are looking to keep it, then keep it but I owuld recommend selling it and getting 42 - 52" LCD..Dont get a Sony, and samsung sux in the TV world...trust me. LG is good for LCD's, Hitachi is awesome for LCD's, and Panasonic has some excellent lcd's
Thanks For your help! I have reallly liked my samgung for watching HD TV and movies. I did not even have a problem wit video games till I went composite and found out that my model , which is older did not support the higher res. Since I am getting the 360 and PS3 I want that feature. I also want a 56 inch TV. I do not want to go smaller. Could you recomend a model and it's umber so I can check it out ? Thanks!

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »