Home

I want to trade PS2 for Gamecube and Zelda...

This is a discussion on I want to trade PS2 for Gamecube and Zelda... within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-25-2003, 03:05 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32
I want to trade PS2 for Gamecube and Zelda...

I am thinking about getting rid of the PS2, online adapter, 2 controllers, Madden 2003, NCAA 2003, Tetris Worlds, 2 Memory Cards, and other accessories, for a Gamecube, Wind Waker, Mario Sunshine, and Tetris Worlds (Tetris Worlds is for the wife).

Is this a good move?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2003, 03:22 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: I want to trade PS2 for Gamecube and Zelda...

I'd say yes but you shouldnt listen to me as I dont have either a gamecube or a PS2...

but anything is better than a PS2 *Wears Flame-Proof Vest* j/k

Seriously though, from the PS2 games you list, you dont mention any platform specific games so you might not even need the PS2 while you might need the gamecube for games like Mario
Old 03-25-2003, 03:35 PM   #3
Bl*bfl*th z*p!

fossen's Arena

OVR: 28

Sounds like a good trade. At Gamestop, you might even break even on the deal.

You've got an Xbox, right?
Old 03-25-2003, 03:35 PM   #4
All Star

OVR: 17

Quote:

I am thinking about getting rid of the PS2, online adapter, 2 controllers, Madden 2003, NCAA 2003, Tetris Worlds, 2 Memory Cards, and other accessories, for a Gamecube, Wind Waker, Mario Sunshine, and Tetris Worlds (Tetris Worlds is for the wife).

Is this a good move?

Since you have an Xbox I can't see it being a bad move if money is the issue "for the time being". There is not a day goes buy that I dont kick myself for buying a PS2, but we have 3 more years till the PS3 and you know darn well there will be a Sony exclusive game you will want very badly.

If you sell it I would advise not even looking at the E3 coverage for Sony.
Old 03-25-2003, 03:50 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

Yeah I do have an XBOX. No, money would not be an issue for me but the wife may think otherwise since I already have two consoles. I'm seriously thinking about it. I may have to pull a bdoughty and end up buying another PS2 later if a PS2 exclusive that I want comes out, then again, I may just buy a gamecube...awww, what the hell. what am I to do?

I should get a pretty good deal since I know Gamestop is giving $100 for the PS2. Mine is a "first generation" PS2, got it when they dropped so it depreciates to about $100.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2003, 04:21 PM   #6
All Star

OVR: 17

That is what I would do. The swap know knowing you can always buy one later (especially since it is 1st generation and you can use the "well it was going to break shortly theory). Cheaply MFG'ed #$%*#*$.

Plus there is the possible price drop coming in May so now would be the time to sell it for the Cube. There are some great free game deals out right now for a gamecube.

To me the PS2 is pretty dead over the next 6 months with alot of games that are multi console. Sell it and tell the wife you want a PS2 for Christmas...

Old 03-25-2003, 05:14 PM   #7
Erv
MVP

OVR: 10

it depends what games you like basically. if you don't like rpg's(ffx,suikoden 3), fighters(vf4,ggx2), gta, or games like ratchet and clank/icq, go for it. I also warn though, if you played a lot of the big games from last gen, like mario 64, ssb,or re on ps1, then I'd be catious.
Old 03-25-2003, 05:27 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

I really only play sports games and I have the BOX for that. With this new action replay sharkport for xbox coming out, the PS2 has another strike against it for that reason. I have the HALO's, the Splinter Cells, Ghost Recons for the xbox so I should be okay on that front.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »