Home

Alternative to Gamefly

This is a discussion on Alternative to Gamefly within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2009, 12:10 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 21
Alternative to Gamefly

Hi all, I have been with gamefly for about 5 months now. It is a pretty good service and I have played some other games I probably would not have touched had I not had it, some good, some bad.

The problem I am having is that any new release I am basically not going to get, its always on low availability and it never comes.

Right now I have 5 games in my queue, one of which hasn't been released, but the other 4 are Low, Medium, Low, Medium. They have been sitting like that for 3 days with nothing shipping. I am getting frustrated that not only can I not get any recent released, but I can't get them when it says they have a 50/50 shot.

Sure I could add more games, but these I really want to play, and if I add something number 8 and it has very high, or available now, its going to ship no matter what, so I have filtered down to those that I really want to play.

I was wondering if anyone used any of these other services gamerang, gottaplay, rentzero, game mine, and if they have had success with it?

I am really considering bailing on gamefly if I don't get anything shipped by Monday. Is this a typical thing?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2009, 02:01 PM   #2
Cutch Happens

justamush's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Alternative to Gamefly

I started gamefly a few months ago, and I just quit yesterday. I did get to play 2 good games I probably wouldn't have, but the games that I really wanted I could not get. Since Madden just came out, and NHL comes out next month, I decided to quit since I will be playing these games a majority of the time anyways.
Old 08-21-2009, 02:07 PM   #3
MVP

TheBadazz's Arena

OVR: 12

See the thing is you have to plan ahead for releases. For instance, Batman comes out next week. I sent back Prototype back on the 3rd of this month, they received it on the 7th. So I know I will have a spot open on the 24th. I still have Infamous, which I will send back on the 1st (Sept.) so I can open a spot for Marvel Alliance 2 on the 15th.

I usally get every new release I set out for. Now I do rent 4 at a time, which give me more flexiblity. I've been with them since Nov. 2003. First game rented Project Gotham Racing 2.

I use to have Gamerang (5 years ago) and they was cool. I like they gave me a postal tracking number so I knew when release hit my mailbox. But you still have to plan ahead for new releases.

XBox One GT: TheBadazz
PSN GT: TheBadazzOG
Nintendo Switch #:
5725-3994-1005

Last edited by TheBadazz; 08-21-2009 at 02:12 PM.
Old 08-21-2009, 02:14 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBadazz
See the thing is you have to plan ahead for releases. For instance, Batman comes out next week. I sent back Prototype back on the 3rd of this month, they received it on the 7th. So I know I will have a spot open on the 24th. I still have Infamous, which I will send back on the 1st (Sept.) so I can open a spot for Marvel Alliance 2 on the 15th.

I usally get every new release I set out for. Now I do rent 4 at a time, which give me more flexiblity. I've been with them since Nov. 2003. First game rented Project Gotham Racing 2.

I use to have Gamerang (5 years ago) and they was cool. I like they gave me a postal tracking number so I knew when release hit my mailbox. But you still have to plan ahead for new releases.

Oh I understand, I have a slot open hopefully to get Batman. But I have prototype, Madden, UFC and Wolverine all on there with an open slot for the past few days, and nothing has come....getting frustrating.
Old 08-21-2009, 02:31 PM   #5
MVP

TheBadazz's Arena

OVR: 12

Yeah what sucks is getting releases after they just came out (ie Madden). Ppl hold that game for a long time. UFC is also a game that will be held for a while. Prototype and Wolverine should be in play.

XBox One GT: TheBadazz
PSN GT: TheBadazzOG
Nintendo Switch #:
5725-3994-1005
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2009, 02:33 PM   #6
Pro

cake612's Arena

OVR: 9

Yeah once I figured out how to get the newest games all the time I love gamefly now. I'm all set up and ready to get Batman sent out next week. It just got a 9.3 on IGN so I'm pretty pumped. Thought about buying it but I'm loving Madden and NHL comes out soon so I probably won't touch it again once I beat it. Took me forever but I finally learned unless it's an FPS with good multiplayer sports games are really the only games worth buying to me since I play those for months. Pretty much everything else I'll either beat and never play again or even lose interest halfway through and then never play it again.
Old 08-21-2009, 03:36 PM   #7
Greatness Has Arrived

Burns11's Arena

OVR: 16

That doesn't always work though, I've had it happen to me and it's getting worse. It's only really been like that for a little under a year, before that it was smooth sailing.

When I had Gamerang, a little over 3 years ago, shipping times were horrendous and availability was even worse than what Gamefly is now.
Old 08-22-2009, 12:15 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 3

I love gamefly just have open slots avail,also med games shipped within 3-5 days

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »