Home

inFamous 2

This is a discussion on inFamous 2 within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-05-2010, 10:49 AM   #81
Bearer of the curse

Pokes's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: inFamous 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearsX8
Holy CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My jaw just dropped to the floor about 5 times after that video. I'm still not digging this new Cole, but damn does this game look like a technical achievement over the last one.
This. That looked amazing. I'm starting to come around to the new look but I hate the new V/O.

NCAA: Oklahoma State Cowboys - Michigan Wolverines
NFL: Houston Texans
NBA: Houston Rockets
MLB: Houston Astros
PSN: Kaiserwilson
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2010, 12:05 PM   #82
DickDalewood

OVR:

This is... interesting:

http://www.psu.com/news/9358

Not sure how valid it is coming from a PS3 website, but it's clear that once devs get the hang of the hardware, amazing things can be done on this system.

Old 07-05-2010, 02:08 PM   #83
Bang-bang! Down-down!

Flawless's Arena

OVR: 28

They said the first game couldn't be done on 360, so it only makes sense that the sequel couldn't either.

Anyways, apparently Sucker Punch is aiming for 60fps.
Old 07-05-2010, 02:50 PM   #84
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flawless
Anyways, apparently Sucker Punch is aiming for 60fps.
I think that's the greatest thing I noticed in the video, but I didn't want to report that in case my eyes deceived me. That's a huge factor in my game-buying decision making process.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 07-06-2010, 09:36 AM   #85
Cutch Happens

justamush's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I think that's the greatest thing I noticed in the video, but I didn't want to report that in case my eyes deceived me. That's a huge factor in my game-buying decision making process.
Can you really tell the difference between 30 and 60 fps? I never have any idea if it is running one or the other....but then again my eyes aren't the best.

Anyways, I cannot wait to play this game. Infamous is one of my favorite PS3 games; I am going to need to try for the platinum on it before this comes out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2010, 09:49 AM   #86
DickDalewood

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by justamush
Can you really tell the difference between 30 and 60 fps? I never have any idea if it is running one or the other....but then again my eyes aren't the best.

Anyways, I cannot wait to play this game. Infamous is one of my favorite PS3 games; I am going to need to try for the platinum on it before this comes out.
Personally, it's not a game maker or breaker for me, but I can definitely tell when a game is sporting 60fps. It just feels a lot more... "smooth".

Old 07-06-2010, 09:54 AM   #87
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickDalewood
Personally, it's not a game maker or breaker for me, but I can definitely tell when a game is sporting 60fps. It just feels a lot more... "smooth".
The 60fps will be sweet, but what has me intrigued is that the Sucker Punch said they would correct some of the gameplay / story issues of the first one.

Last edited by CaptainZombie; 07-07-2010 at 08:33 AM.
Old 07-06-2010, 02:12 PM   #88
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by justamush
I can always tell on my TV, just maybe not on my computer when another site is uploading it (sometimes things are in 60 FPS and uploaded in 30 FPS... still looks better than 30/30 though).

But 60 FPS is very important to me. Of the reasons (along with no other controller configuration options) I won't buy the new Battlefield but I own COD.

Quote:
I had a lot of fun with the little amount of time I played with the first one, but I never finished it. I wonder if I should get back to it and finish it first, for the story's sake.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »