Home

Little Big Planet 2

This is a discussion on Little Big Planet 2 within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-07-2010, 11:18 PM   #17
MVP

J-Clutch1's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Little Big Planet 2

Never cared too much on making my own levels. The user-created levels were definitely cool and creative, but I personally thought the levels from the Story were more fun and exciting.
Old 05-08-2010, 01:04 AM   #18
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickDalewood
I'll probably pass too if we lose the story mode. We'll see though.
Same I loved the originals story-mode. It's is one of those rare games that I just can't bring myself to trade in. If the part 2 has a story mode it's a no-brainer.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 05-08-2010, 05:45 AM   #19
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

I'm not sure where you guys are getting the notion it won't have a story mode...it's listed as one of the bullet points above:
Quote:
- There is a major overhaul to the story level as well. There's the same 3-plane perspective for the story mode and the levels so far have a similar run-jump-grab platform style.
- Storyline is not country-based like last time, but is based in periods of time
- Here is a list of levels and summaries so far:

- Techno Renaissance: Whimsical alternative take of the Renaissance period. Leonardo da Vinci-like character to guide him through a technology-based twist level

- Steam & Cake: Steampunk-style level based on a ****ed-up tea and cake party

- Neon Propaganda: Cold-war era posters line a factory environment where Sackboy is liberating oppressed workers. There is a grim nature to the level that is totally opposed to the neon lights and signs.

- Fluffy High-Tech: Various high-end technology equipments like video walls are mixed with bunnies and fluffy sheep. It is a cold, futuristic environment populated by adorable creatures

- Designer Organic: Eco-architecture comes together around a designed and controlled version of nature. Described as "art noveau". The closest to nature Sackboy gets in this game. Elaborate designs comprised of plants.

- Hand-Made Arcade: A super-tribute level to tons of arcade classics. Embraces the hand-made art from the first game. Pixels made of cardboard and wood.
Also, Kotaku mentioned this as well, but one thing really caught my eye in their article although it may be an oversight (it wasn't in the original NeoGAF article):

Quote:
While it all sounds wildly different, LittleBigPlanet 2 is said to let players carry over all their levels, costumes and downloadable content from the original game.
That would be awesome if the old levels still work in the new game, but I think they could be jumping to conclusions on that one.
Old 05-08-2010, 07:20 AM   #20
#faceuary2014

ScoobySnax's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOPARADIGM
Metal Gear.

lol ...
That's pretty f'n awesome!
PSN: xxplosive1984
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/os_scoobysnax/profile
Old 05-08-2010, 08:09 AM   #21
DickDalewood

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
I'm not sure where you guys are getting the notion it won't have a story mode...it's listed as one of the bullet points above:
Also, Kotaku mentioned this as well, but one thing really caught my eye in their article although it may be an oversight (it wasn't in the original NeoGAF article):

That would be awesome if the old levels still work in the new game, but I think they could be jumping to conclusions on that one.
Excellent, thanks!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2010, 02:43 PM   #22
MIB Crew

rspencer86's Arena

OVR: 49

The creation tools sound absolutely phenomenal. There's no telling what the expert modders out there could do with stuff like that.

University of Missouri '09
Twitter: @RyanASpencer

Royals / Chiefs / Bulls / Mizzou / Sporting KC

PSN: MizzouTigerrr
Old 05-10-2010, 01:34 PM   #23
MVP

Tiko7523's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
According to Sony, the sequel will one-up its predecessor by letting players create not just game levels, but games themselves. The company said this will include "top-down racing games, multiplayer shooters, flying sidescrollers" as well as role-playing games.
wow that sounds so dope

PSN gamertag Tiko7523
Xbox Live Tag: Tiko7523
Old 05-10-2010, 02:02 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

42's Arena

OVR: 57

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »