Home

Europa Universalis IV

This is a discussion on Europa Universalis IV within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-28-2014, 11:53 PM   #121
MVP

FunkDockta27's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Europa Universalis IV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anners
Are you still having trouble with Ireland? That's pretty much my go to game so I can help with anything.

So I've downloaded the Northern England Flavour mod which has enabled me to do this:

I've had to manually get Yorkshire available to be controlled by manipulating the HYW. As England, I got them to give up Gascogne (but still a claim on it), give up a claim on Armagnac and release York as a sovereign nation. This might take a few goes as England have a core on me, but I do have a truce with them so I've got a bit of breathing room.
Not so much trouble with Ireland as much as trouble getting enough time invested to get this game down. Lol

FIFA12 PS3
St Pats 44 pts; 2nd place

NCAA14 PS3
Career W-L: 50-39
NoTex 2013 CUSA Champs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2014, 05:50 PM   #122
Rookie

OVR: 2

1558 has come and here how the proud nation of Yorkshire is looking in Europe.

Spoiler

New York is a bit lower down than usual...

Spoiler
Old 07-08-2014, 01:28 AM   #123
Banned

martywebb's Arena

OVR: 0

For anyone who's recently purchased the game, quill18 on YouTube really helped me out in learning the game before I got it. I purchased it as soon as it was released, and play it on and off every other week or so. Still absolutely loving it. If you go towards the release date(forgive me for not linking y'all to it) on quill's feed, it has some how-tos. EXTREMELY helpful.

I also invite you to check out a mod that I downloaded for extended time. I think you can start it in like the year 43, during the Roman Empire. Tough sledding, but still really awesome.
Old 07-09-2014, 07:41 PM   #124
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by martywebb
For anyone who's recently purchased the game, quill18 on YouTube really helped me out in learning the game before I got it. I purchased it as soon as it was released, and play it on and off every other week or so. Still absolutely loving it. If you go towards the release date(forgive me for not linking y'all to it) on quill's feed, it has some how-tos. EXTREMELY helpful.
Arumba is also extremely helpful. Explains what he's doing whilst going along.

It may have taken about 150 years, but the British Isles has no single ruling power. I've been eying a war with England for a while and there's been a couple of times I nearly went but not all my allies would join. Alas, I finally got to the perfect moment which was England having about 13k army and about 18 ships.

All my allies, in this case Cornwall, Denmark, Scotland and Spain, joined whilst Portugal and Friesland sided with the English. The result? We smashed them. Whilst Spain took care of Portugal, Denmark landed troops in Northumberland to join Scotland and Cornwall sieging whilst I took care of the army.

This was the result:
Spoiler

Only Denmark didn't get land (I am kind...). Scotland took Cumbria, Cornwall took Gwynedd, Spain took two parts of Southern Portugal and I got Lincoln, Norfolk and Essex. I won't be having a war for a while (150 manpower!), so we'll spend the remaining time of the 16th century content with what we've got. After that, another war with England awaits!
Old 07-15-2014, 12:26 PM   #125
BOOM!

gerg1234's Arena

OVR: 15

After taking over Central Europe with Brandenburg> Prussia> Germany, I went back to Leinster.
Took out Munster and Connaught. Ulster was vassalized by England. Colonized Newfoundland. Then went Manhattan and made that my capital. We now have the entire eastern seaboard of the USA under the green flag.
Making money and building troops to take down England.
San Francisco Giants
Chicago Blackhawks
MLS: Portland Timbers
EPL: Liverpool FC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2014, 09:46 PM   #126
MVP

KMRblue1027's Arena

OVR: 1

So I picked this up on the steam sale awhile ago and just got around to it but I didn't grab the DLC due to not knowing whether or not I'd enjoy this. Needless to say I'm hooked but not sure if it's worth grabbing the expansions, do you guys think any of them are worth it?

PS4 Games:
Battlefield 4
MLB: The Show (Duh)
Destiny
Old 07-21-2014, 09:52 PM   #127
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMRblue1027
So I picked this up on the steam sale awhile ago and just got around to it but I didn't grab the DLC due to not knowing whether or not I'd enjoy this. Needless to say I'm hooked but not sure if it's worth grabbing the expansions, do you guys think any of them are worth it?
I'd like to think Conquest of Paradise is a must. It improves Native Americans quite a bit and can randomise the New World (Americas). I personally don't feel Wealth of Nations adds enough compared to Conquest of Paradise.
Old 07-21-2014, 10:59 PM   #128
Pro

JWR3232's Arena

OVR: 5

For anyone who's been beaten up by the big blue blob before behold:

Spoiler

Edit: Oh man I just eclipsed 200 hours with this game.
Rutgers Scarlet Knights

Last edited by JWR3232; 07-21-2014 at 11:04 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »