Home

Grand Theft Auto V Online

This is a discussion on Grand Theft Auto V Online within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2013, 09:15 AM   #417
MVP

kt-od's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Grand Theft Auto V Online

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
So I came back upstairs after being downstairs for 2 1/2 hours, and was just going to say that this was going to say "Launching Session" still. When I came back up, I saw my online character on the map and there was a message telling me that I had 10 minutes before I would be booted for being idle. So I guess I'm online. I never raced, but that doesn't mean my character didn't do the race when I was downstairs.

Just doing some things right now completing tutorials, but I have to go to bed in about ten minutes.

Oh, and there's seriously no traffic on the streets. I know I can't expect too much here or there with that, but seriously one or two cars seen in the last minute. It's kind of creepy, and it really makes the whole map feel "small."
The longest I waited was about 80 minutes. It was always at the launching session screen, so I just gave up and played some story mode. I will try again tonight.
Old 10-04-2013, 09:18 AM   #418
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32

I was able to get in and complete a few things. This is going to be very fun with the OS Crew. I'll be looking to play tonight. I spent an hour in a session with randoms, and a couple of them were just reckless *******s. It's tough to go up against randoms who have nicer cars and machine guns when I'm rocking a pistol. I did manage to get 1 or 2 kills of people who just randomly attacked me. No one was able to steal money from me thanks to the phone deposit.
Old 10-04-2013, 09:26 AM   #419
All Star

mikenoob's Arena

OVR: 21

Damn, never had issues with my character rolling back until now. All my progress from yesterday disappeared as if I never played. That's 6 ranks and a 205k apartment I bought

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-04-2013, 09:27 AM   #420
Left side, strong side

C the Lyte's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh Tendrils
I created a new character last night. I guess the only (obvious) ethnicity choices are black and white. The in-betweens just don't look right to me. While the heritage/ancestry tab is pretty horrible the lifestyle tab is pretty interesting to play around with. I still wasn't able to get that race in, though.
I saw you online and kept trying to join in. The prompt said I was already in that session but never saw you in there.

IIRC, I haven't seen any OS4L's in many lobbies either. Maybe most of you can't get in?
Old 10-04-2013, 09:28 AM   #421
Pro

j3nkins29's Arena

OVR: 5

For those interested in playing with either free aim or auto aim, gta online puts you into lobbies and matches based upon what your settings are in the single player. You cannot change it once you get online. If you get invited by someone to a mission or lobby and they have a different targeting setting, yours will change to match their setting. I am glad to hear this as I really enjoyed playing with free aim in Max Payne 3.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2013, 09:34 AM   #422
Strike Hard and Fade Away

Fresh Tendrils's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by C the Lyte
I saw you online and kept trying to join in. The prompt said I was already in that session but never saw you in there.

IIRC, I haven't seen any OS4L's in many lobbies either. Maybe most of you can't get in?
Yeah I was just sitting at the "waiting for players/launching session" screen. I'm not sure if/when I'll get to play this weekend so I'm kinda bummed I haven't been able to get in any time Online yet.

Old 10-04-2013, 10:03 AM   #423
Rookie

OVR: 7

I was able to join up with Bmore last night, having a lot of fun now that it is working finally.
Old 10-04-2013, 10:16 AM   #424
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Sucks that I'm going to be gone most of this weekend.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »