Home

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch/WiiU)

This is a discussion on The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch/WiiU) within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-01-2017, 10:44 AM   #329
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69
Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch/WiiU)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky24
Haha. Had no idea. Like 90 shrines in and didn't notice that.

Just bought my first piece of ancient armor last night too.
It was one of those Major Test of Strength shrines that I learned it on. When I saw what shrine it was I was like, no thanks I'll come back later, then I saw I could fast travel to it.

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators
Old 05-01-2017, 10:21 PM   #330
All Star

OVR: 0

More good news! First details I have seen for first BOTW! I thought we wouldn't get details in till E3 and the DLC sounds great!

http://zelda.com/breath-of-the-wild/...ck-1-detailed/

The map feature sounds very interesting to be able to know where you haven't went yet and what you have spent the most time in because with how big the game is it can be hard to really keep track of where you have or not been to yet. Hard mode sounds awesome! Enemy's and chest in the sky. Man Nintendo just when you think this game cant get better! Wow this is a lot more then I was expecting and its just pack 1. Makes me think the story DLC in pack 2 is going to be longer then people thought! Nintendo looks like they really know how to do DLC this is a great start and Mario kart 8 DLC was also really good!
Old 05-01-2017, 11:02 PM   #331
All Star

OVR: 0

Also this
http://kotaku.com/you-can-now-play-z...ese-1794822130
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2017, 02:00 PM   #332
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

I haven't bought the pass yet but I'm sure I will. I just didn't want to buy it out of principal since I didn't know what was going to be included, lol.

I copied and pasted the content Smallville linked to save you guys a click. I'm most interested in the sword trial, having a powered up Master Sword at all times is a great reward. The Korok mask will be fun too. Interested in the armor benefits.

Quote:
Trial of the Sword
When you get to a certain sacred location, you can take on the new "Trial of the Sword" challenge. Face an onslaught of enemies, one wave after another. Link starts the challenge without any equipment or weapons. When all the enemies in a room are defeated, Link proceeds to the next. Clear all the trials (about 45 rooms in total), and the power of the Master Sword will be awakened, and it will always be in its glowing powered-up state while usable.

Hero's Path Mode
This new map feature shows the path Link has walked through Hyrule from the last 200 hours of gameplay. Use the time tracker bar to see where you've spent the most time and where you have yet to explore. There's bound to be more adventures and maybe a shrine or two on the road less traveled.

Hard mode
In Hard Mode, enemies gradually regain health, so take them out as quickly as possible. All enemies are also powered up by one level. For example, Red Bokoblins in Normal mode are now Blue Bokoblins. Enemies can also have higher maximum levels than they would in Normal mode. Look up, and you may also find enemies and treasure chests in the sky!

Travel Medallion
Somewhere in the world, there is a chest with a Travel Medallion inside. When you use this, you can register your current location as a fast travel point on the map. You can only register one location using the Travel Medallion.

Majoras Mask
Midnas Helmet
Phantom Armor
Tingles Outfit
More Armor
There are 8 treasure chests placed around Hyrule containing armor themed after previous The Legend of Zelda titles. Watch for tips as to the whereabouts of these chests as you travel around Hyrule.

Korok Mask
The Korok Mask is also hidden in a treasure chest somewhere in the world. While wearing this mask, it shakes whenever Link is near a hidden Korok location. There are 900 Koroks hiding in Hyrule, so this should help you discover quite a few of them.

Atlanta Braves
Old 05-02-2017, 02:41 PM   #333
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by aukevin
It was one of those Major Test of Strength shrines that I learned it on. When I saw what shrine it was I was like, no thanks I'll come back later, then I saw I could fast travel to it.
I stumbled upon my first A Major Test of Strength initially when I had only 5 hearts and no additional weapon slots. The only reason I didn't die 8 bazillion times trying to beat it is because I had a thunder sword which zapped and froze the guardian each time I hit it, and that made things much easier. Had not been possession of that weapon I think I would still be trying to beat it.
Old 05-02-2017, 06:53 PM   #334
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsnomar05
I stumbled upon my first A Major Test of Strength initially when I had only 5 hearts and no additional weapon slots. The only reason I didn't die 8 bazillion times trying to beat it is because I had a thunder sword which zapped and froze the guardian each time I hit it, and that made things much easier. Had not been possession of that weapon I think I would still be trying to beat it.
I spent 2 hours on my first Major Test of Strength. I was exploring, glided to an island with a shrine and lo and behold, that was the test. I was not ready for what was about to come my way, lol.

I only had 3 hearts, so figured I'd try it and I wound up getting close so many times, only to die in the last part of the battle. I just couldn't quit for some reason, and while I nearly punched a few holes in my wall (been a while since I've felt that much rage playing a game, lol), I stuck with it and definitely was screaming and yelling when I emerged victorious.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 05-03-2017, 03:52 AM   #335
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

So I got this Link on a horse Amiibo. Never had/used one of these before. I saw a video in the store that said if you used the wolf one, the wolf would join Link on the adventure. Any idea what happens if you use the Link on a horse one?

EDIT: Just found a page that explained everything. Gamespot has it broken down on what you get. -- https://www.gamespot.com/gallery/zel...ide/2900-1137/

Last edited by Valdarez; 05-03-2017 at 04:00 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2017, 11:47 AM   #336
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

I wish there was another way to get Epona, but I do have the Royal horse which I think is just as good.

I have the wolf amiibo and it was really good at the beginning of the game because it would do all the hunting for me. That way I didn't have to waste arrows or bow durability. I rarely use the poor wolf anymore, but it was fun hunting with it but sometimes it would run off and attack enemies that I was trying to avoid lol.

Have you guys been getting the star fragments? In the first 100 hours I played the game I only saw one shooting star land. All other fragments I got were rewards. Anyway I needed 3 fragments for the final upgrade of my Wild armor set. I found a vid on youtube that shows a good process of getting star fragments to drop. I was able to get the three I needed last night in about 20 minutes. Here it is if you are interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPSclt-ER-Y&t=208s

Atlanta Braves

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »