Home

The Last of Us: Remastered

This is a discussion on The Last of Us: Remastered within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2016, 02:26 PM   #673
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: The Last of Us: Remastered

Yay!!! Picked up my $10 PSN card and purchased TLOUR but will download it tomorrow when im busy running errands. Absolute steal for $8.
Old 07-28-2018, 07:16 PM   #674
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Finally beat this game. 22 hours, 9 minutes & 23 seconds.

It's weird because Summer was so damn long, that when Fall hit I thought: "Am I only a quarter of the way through the game?" Then it seemed every season got exponentially shorter than the one before it. I spent so much time conserving things like ammo and equipment upgrades and such, that now I feel like: "Aw damn it, I could have made it so much easier on myself!" It would be interesting to replay the game with the equipment and upgrades that I now have.

Anyway, as everyone knows the gameplay is great, the story is pretty good (by that I mean where the story takes you as you game), but the relationship between characters being insanely fantastic. I don't know, the ending lazed out on me just a slight bit maybe because I couldn't feel the climaxing moment too much, but there is a Part II coming out and of course I am ever so intrigued to purchase it when it does. The most emotional part from this game, of course, is its very very beginning. There was another part between Ellie and Joel that got me choked up a bit later in the game. Outside of that, I was just pretty into playing for the sake of playing.

Ellie doing things like humming, whistling, beat-boxing, cracking puns, etc. are always hilarious. It keeps her very human-esque in a game that is supposed to make people much less humane. She's just a kid, and it really help make this game work.

I've been avoiding the Part II trailer and such. Anyone think if I'm someone who doesn't even like watching movie trailers because of spoiled content, should I bother checking it out? Or should I just wait till the game itself comes out, do ya think?

EDIT: Ah, New Game Plus is what I was thinking of trying. Obviously not now, but I'll give it a replay someday.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

Last edited by Blzer; 07-28-2018 at 11:36 PM.
Old 07-29-2018, 11:58 AM   #675
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I've been avoiding the Part II trailer and such. Anyone think if I'm someone who doesn't even like watching movie trailers because of spoiled content, should I bother checking it out? Or should I just wait till the game itself comes out, do ya think?
I would say to watch the trailer from this past E3. It's definitely worth watching and should get you hyped for Part II if you're not already.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2018, 01:54 AM   #676
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Thanks. Seems like the perfect way to tease the new game!

By the way, I noticed an Easter egg in the first one when walking around. I wouldn't really call this a spoiler, but in case anyone wants to find it for themselves then don't click away.

Spoiler
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

Last edited by Blzer; 07-30-2018 at 03:14 AM.
Old 07-30-2018, 03:09 AM   #677
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

I just watched the part 2 trailers and I regret it, lol.
Old 07-30-2018, 12:19 PM   #678
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Thanks. Seems like the perfect way to tease the new game!

By the way, I noticed an Easter egg in the first one when walking around. I wouldn't really call this a spoiler, but in case anyone wants to find it for themselves then don't click away.

Spoiler
There's also a Jak and Daxter board game.
Old 06-08-2019, 05:08 PM   #679
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

Took me 6 years but I finally completed this game. Top 5 All Time for me.

Getting ready to dive into Days Gone next.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 06-08-2019, 06:10 PM   #680
MVP

Picci's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flightwhite24
Took me 6 years but I finally completed this game. Top 5 All Time for me.

Getting ready to dive into Days Gone next.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Wait................"Clearing throat"................................

Have you completed 'The Last of Us: Left Behind' story-line yet? If not, then you're not finished.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »