Home

Overwatch

This is a discussion on Overwatch within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-24-2018, 09:33 AM   #2009
Farewell and 'ado

DocHolliday's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Overwatch

What is wrong? It’s 3 years into its life and still one of the most played FPS in the world.

Seems like they did just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 11-24-2018, 04:42 PM   #2010
All Star

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
What is wrong? It’s 3 years into its life and still one of the most played FPS in the world.

Seems like they did just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Competitive
Hero balance
Lack of community tools (ie: like a replay system)
The community in general (mentality and playstyle that is encouraged by Blizzard systems)
etc...

You're mistaking the number of users as justification to not address the games many problems that it has had for 3+ years now.

It's not as if Blizzard isn't aware that there are issues with each of these. They address the problems on their official forums and subreddits. Nearly every interview at Blizzcon or anywhere else the Overwatch team is asked about these topics and more. For various reasons though they have been unable to or unwilling to tackle them even as we sit here 3 and a half years after the game's launch.

The reason I'm so critical is because at it's core Overwatch is a fun game, and I want it to be better.

Last edited by KSUowls; 11-24-2018 at 05:01 PM.
Old 11-24-2018, 05:30 PM   #2011
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

I agree.

Overwatch is fun.

...but the more you play and learn how to win, the more toxic it can become both from your teammates and yourself. The hard-counter mechanic now can provoke toxicity, playing like a beast but playing with somebody who is playing Widow to troll can provoke it.

It is a fun game but also gets upsetting quickly. I feel that there are do few times I shut the game because I went out on a high note versus being frustrated.

I've had it since launch and I'm done. I'm going to sink my teeth in BFV which is much more casual and easy on my sanity!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
It's hard though...especially when I got my neighbor playing their franchise across the street...maybe I will occupy myself with Glamore Magazine.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2018, 01:37 AM   #2012
All Star

Just have to comment on the statistical improbability of this, and yet it somehow happened.

So I only play Mystery Heroes in this game these days. The last 2 nights I've logged about 7 hours and 40-45 games. In every single game during that stretch, the enemy team had at least 2 torb/bastions during the match. Often times they would have stacked Torb/Bastion at the same time, and often times they had more than just 2 of them.

While Bastion isn't much of a problem in the normal game thanks to the ability to pick heroes that can shut him down. In mystery, any kind of static defense is extremely difficult to deal with. So, imagine the frustration when you are facing that every game. There was one game tonight where the team started with 1 Torb. We killed him, and the next person to die on their team got a torb. Killed him and the next guy to die got another torb. What are the odds?

Frustrating couple nights. The only good thing is I did have my best play as Widowmaker ever.
Yes that's an ulting genji at the beginning
I don't know how I slipped the shot on the Sombra with the D.va right there
I had a mini heart attack looking for the McCree

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=265a...ature=youtu.be
Old 02-05-2019, 01:21 PM   #2013
Rookie

OVR: 0

Did you like the game? I just saw it in the list of the best pc games
Old 02-06-2019, 12:07 AM   #2014
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvinforester
Did you like the game? I just saw it in the list of the best pc games
Not sure if you're asking me or if it's open ended, but I enjoyed Overwatch. I was playing it the day it released in 2016, and I have logged several hundred hours in the game.

The two areas where I'd say it stands out is that everything the game does feels very polished, and it's an easy game to hop into a few matches at night without feeling too committed (though still action packed enough that you want to play 6-7 games in a row).

My criticism of it is with all the things it does not do nearly 3 years into it's life.
Old 02-06-2019, 03:37 AM   #2015
Rookie

OVR: 0
Smile Re: Overwatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUowls
Not sure if you're asking me or if it's open ended, but I enjoyed Overwatch. I was playing it the day it released in 2016, and I have logged several hundred hours in the game.

The two areas where I'd say it stands out is that everything the game does feels very polished, and it's an easy game to hop into a few matches at night without feeling too committed (though still action packed enough that you want to play 6-7 games in a row).

My criticism of it is with all the things it does not do nearly 3 years into it's life.
I asked because of all my friends gave bad feedbacks about this game. And I was interested in other opinions. So thank you
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2019, 08:40 PM   #2016
Pro

OVR: 2

Still playing and I don't know if that's fortunate or unfortunate. The main drawback in this game is just the matchmaking and people involved in the game. The consistent inconsistency of my experience is what really makes me have a love hate relationship.

I mostly solo queue so I know that I'll go on a six or seven game win streak followed by a 2-8 slide where there's 4 or 5 games with throwers, horrible stack, or *******s.

I love it but also hate it. Same with one of my friends who are last two standing and we only cross our fingers that anthem is good enough to take us away from this heroine...

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »