Home

Detroit [PS4]

This is a discussion on Detroit [PS4] within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2018, 08:02 AM   #209
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: Detroit [PS4]

This game was just fantastic. I’ve had 3 other family members finish it and also replay some chapters. The variety of endings for each character is crazy. The game sticks with you.

Detroit was my first story based game so I figured I would try Heavy Rain which I had downloaded for free. It’s been such a let down I don’t think I will continue. It is so inferior to Detroit in every way. Graphics are so much better in Detroit. The controls are lousy in HR. The voice acting isn’t nearly as good and the game tries too hard to be suspenseful. The first hour of the game was the most tedious and boring thing I have ever played. I understand introducing characters but this was absurd. I’ve played with 4 different characters now and while some are interesting the game can’t hold a candle to Detroit. Very close to just quitting. If I have to yell Jason one more time I’m finished.
Old 07-19-2018, 12:17 PM   #210
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
This game was just fantastic. I’ve had 3 other family members finish it and also replay some chapters. The variety of endings for each character is crazy. The game sticks with you.

Detroit was my first story based game so I figured I would try Heavy Rain which I had downloaded for free. It’s been such a let down I don’t think I will continue. It is so inferior to Detroit in every way. Graphics are so much better in Detroit. The controls are lousy in HR. The voice acting isn’t nearly as good and the game tries too hard to be suspenseful. The first hour of the game was the most tedious and boring thing I have ever played. I understand introducing characters but this was absurd. I’ve played with 4 different characters now and while some are interesting the game can’t hold a candle to Detroit. Very close to just quitting. If I have to yell Jason one more time I’m finished.
The controls in Heavy Rain were pretty bad, and was glad to see how refined they were in Detroit.

Heavy Rain did improve a lot once you get into the story … I remember feeling the same way as you when I first played it, like I'd made a big mistake even trying the game. That said, not sure I could go back to it after playing Detroit.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 07-19-2018, 12:47 PM   #211
MVP

Picci's Arena

OVR: 7

At the time, eight years ago, Heavy Rain was a remarkable narrative driven game.

Detroit improved on everything. Some of the best graphics and character models I've ever seen on a console.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2018, 07:40 PM   #212
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

just picked this up tonight. About to give it a go. It was on Sale on the PS Store for $40
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 08-13-2018, 10:14 AM   #213
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

OVR: 0

If my goal was to kill as many characters as possible, I am doing a mighty fine job!
Old 08-13-2018, 01:19 PM   #214
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJin2011tm
If my goal was to kill as many characters as possible, I am doing a mighty fine job!
That's usually how I am with games like this especially with heavy rain. I was able to get mostly good outcome on my first time through. I am getting ready to play it through a 2nd time now that I've had a month or two to forget some of the small details of the game.
Old 08-27-2018, 10:37 AM   #215
Rookie

eremiomania's Arena

OVR: 0

I finished Detroit last night. I knew what I was in for after enjoying Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls when they launched, but Detroit on PS4 Pro on a 4k tv was so engrossing I couldn't believe it.

I really wish I had time to play through it again right now because I'm not happy at all with my ending lol..

Spoiler

But anyways, amazing game. Wow.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2018, 02:52 PM   #216
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

It's always enjoyable to hear/read about how the game played out for other people. So many possible endings for the three main characters.

I'm trying to give myself a little more distance from the story before playing the game again; I did two successive playthroughs and enjoyed the game immensely, but not sure a third run would resonate with me with the story being so fresh in my mind.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »