Home

Starfield

This is a discussion on Starfield within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2023, 07:53 PM   #209
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Starfield

Have run into a big problem and am wondering if anyone can help. I’m on the empty nest mission and every time I try picking up the artifact it bugs out and says I need to pick it up again even though it’s already in my inventory. I’ve tried going back to earlier saves but it still bugs out. Is there a work around or am I going to have to wait for a patch?
Old 09-27-2023, 10:17 AM   #210
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by m29a
I had fun but after around 15 hours in I haven't gone back in awhile. The characters and story hasn't held my interest and the amount of fast traveling and loading times (even if it is fast) has been a bit disappointing. The action is decent and the game has some interesting elements, but it's just not for me.

Honestly, I'm surprised I put in as much time as I did, because the last several years I've played games less and less.
I actually really like the game - but I skip most of the dialogue because the lines are too long winded and performed at a pace which is just too slow. With so much to do I can't wait for these "performances" and they seem agonizingly slow. I'd rather a strealined approach because most video game characters they try too hard and most are utterly forgettable. A game like this with so many, I'd rather people just cut to the chase
Old 09-27-2023, 11:57 AM   #211
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
I actually really like the game - but I skip most of the dialogue because the lines are too long winded and performed at a pace which is just too slow. With so much to do I can't wait for these "performances" and they seem agonizingly slow. I'd rather a strealined approach because most video game characters they try too hard and most are utterly forgettable. A game like this with so many, I'd rather people just cut to the chase
I am with you, thought I was one of the few who did that. I can't take too much exposition and dialogue, unless it's really, really well written, and that is incredibly rare in most games where I get drawn in.

Most of this stuff I'm like, tell me what you want me to retrieve or who you want me to kill and let me GTFO of here, LOL

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2023, 03:49 PM   #212
MVP

Picci's Arena

OVR: 7

Question for Starfield players since I'm getting all kinds of different answers from different sources. I'm in about 12 hours or so in and I want to reset because I'm not feeling the character's personality. I'm still on Atlantis but I'm starting to wonder if some of the missions I'm ready to take is what I want to do. I'd like to try my hand as a Bounty Hunter instead of a Diplomat. I also want to revisit that pronouns biz in the beginning which I totally must have skipped. Does the storyline, dialogue, or missions change pending the type of person you pick in the game?
Old 10-01-2023, 07:27 PM   #213
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Yes it changes depending on who you are.
Old 10-02-2023, 07:56 AM   #214
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Now that it's been out for a while can any Series S owners chime in with your performance opinions?
I'm thinking of picking up an XB just for this game.
Probably won't play much of anything else so I'm hoping the S will suffice as I don't want to pay over $700CDN for the X.
Keep in mind that a majority of the time I'll be playing on a 42" 720p TV.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
Old 10-07-2023, 06:22 AM   #215
MVP

Picci's Arena

OVR: 7

Going to put this to the side for now and wait for new updates. It's a good game that could get better and will want to play this when more contents gets dropped. There's just too many games out that I would rather be playing instead at the moment.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2023, 04:59 PM   #216
Bills Mafia!!

racerx's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
Now that it's been out for a while can any Series S owners chime in with your performance opinions?
I'm thinking of picking up an XB just for this game.
Probably won't play much of anything else so I'm hoping the S will suffice as I don't want to pay over $700CDN for the X.
Keep in mind that a majority of the time I'll be playing on a 42" 720p TV.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
Hey Money,

I actually did buy an S strictly for this game and like you, I couldn't justify spending over $500 just for one game.

I will say you will notice the graphics difference right off the bat, it's not terrible but it's a noticeable difference especially coming from a PS5, and it's 1440p and not 4K like it is on the X or PS5. It is locked at 30fps for the most part so getting an S or X won't matter on that front.

I have had a fair amount of crashes though but it has been helped by the latest patch. I am having blast playing it so I will get many hours of enjoyment with it.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
NCAA Basketball - UK Wildcats

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »