Home

Far Cry 5

This is a discussion on Far Cry 5 within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2018, 10:47 AM   #609
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Far Cry 5

Far Cry 5 was a disappointingly good 7.0/10 for me which ended my three game streak of 9.0/10 for Far Cry 3, 4 and Primal. Funny thing is that I look at Far Cry 3, 4 and 5 like AC IV: Black Flag, Rogue and Unity.

Everyone loves FC 3 but FC 4 is better in my opinion but FC 3 has the better world. Same with Black Flag and Rogue. Then comes FC 5 which I put in the Unity category as just a disappointingly good 7.0/10. FC 5 is way too focused on guns for hire (which I ignored completely) and co-op (which I also ignored completely) which completely ruins the game and when you factor in the horrible character creation and silent protagonist, it takes what SHOULD have been the series best story and turned into the worst.

I really hope that they go back to FC 3/4 for FC 6 but due to the massive sales, I don't see that happening.
Old 10-13-2018, 10:28 AM   #610
MVP

Hammerhunker's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter42O
Far Cry 5 was a disappointingly good 7.0/10 for me which ended my three game streak of 9.0/10 for Far Cry 3, 4 and Primal. Funny thing is that I look at Far Cry 3, 4 and 5 like AC IV: Black Flag, Rogue and Unity.

Everyone loves FC 3 but FC 4 is better in my opinion but FC 3 has the better world. Same with Black Flag and Rogue. Then comes FC 5 which I put in the Unity category as just a disappointingly good 7.0/10. FC 5 is way too focused on guns for hire (which I ignored completely) and co-op (which I also ignored completely) which completely ruins the game and when you factor in the horrible character creation and silent protagonist, it takes what SHOULD have been the series best story and turned into the worst.

I really hope that they go back to FC 3/4 for FC 6 but due to the massive sales, I don't see that happening.
Opinions vary, and that's fine. You outlined very legit reasons for your FC5 disappointment. Your disinterest in the GfH was what made this game very good for me. I enjoyed the missions to obtain their services, and enjoyed calling them into action, not so much for their prowess, but for the comic relief (Hurk Jr. and his Mom anyways). To rank the FCs I enjoyed, it would go 3, 4, 5, but 5 was different enough to stand out, thanks to those GfHs.
Old 10-13-2018, 11:07 AM   #611
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerhunker
Opinions vary, and that's fine. You outlined very legit reasons for your FC5 disappointment. Your disinterest in the GfH was what made this game very good for me. I enjoyed the missions to obtain their services, and enjoyed calling them into action, not so much for their prowess, but for the comic relief (Hurk Jr. and his Mom anyways). To rank the FCs I enjoyed, it would go 3, 4, 5, but 5 was different enough to stand out, thanks to those GfHs.
The reasons why I didn't like GFH is because - 1) the game pushes you into that direction which I didn't want. I like playing solo with no help. Unless it's a team based shooter like Gears of War, I don't want any teammates especially in Far Cry where you're supposed to be alone to get that sense of danger and suspense. That doesn't happen when you have a plane flying above you dropping missiles on everyone.

2) GFH are mainly the protagonists throughout the game as opposed to the character you're playing as. You're the lead character but being a silent protagonist is horrible because there's no interaction whatsoever and you can only advance the story so far before realizing that it's not going anywhere due to the silent protagonist.

Overall, just compared to the previous three games I played, Far Cry 5 to me just doesn't measure up. One other factor why I disliked GFH and the game being geared towards co-op play is that you can't drive anywhere without getting into a fight every two minutes. It's ridiculous. People will say that it's an AI issue but it's not. It's done on purpose simply because the game programmed with co-op in mind first and foremost as opposed to Far Cry 4 where it really is optional and doesn't make you feel required to play that way.

Also, as someone who usually loves the majority of side content in open world games, I didn't like any of the side content in Far Cry 5 except for the outposts. To be blunt, I wish Ubisoft kept Far Cry the way it was and just worked on the story and characters because when playing the previous three games, that's all they really needed to do. Instead, they changed everything and somehow, the story got worse because of you being a created character and silent protagonist.

To each their own though. Just disappointing for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2018, 11:43 AM   #612
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

I totally forgot you get FC3 Classic Edition with FC5 season pass.
FC3 is still my favorite FC game.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 11-26-2018, 04:15 PM   #613
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20

Picked this up again, can’t wait to jump back in!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 12-11-2018, 02:03 AM   #614
MVP

Americas Team's Arena

Just bought the game. How do you switch the gun you're holding from the right side to the left side?

Sent from my [Honor 6X] using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 12-12-2018, 01:00 AM   #615
MVP

Americas Team's Arena

Did a Google search, seems like their is no option to switch the gun to the left side, I'm left handed and the gun being on the right side doesn't feel right to me, this could make the game unplayable to me

Sent from my [Honor 6X] using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2022, 09:17 AM   #616
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

OVR: 8

Doing a replay since I never finished this. The world is beautiful and the gameplay is really fun, but I forgot how much the forced kidnapping takes you out of the immersion. Wish we could skip those parts, somehow. Also, the annoying planes constantly coming after you. Can't fish in peace without clearing a zone.
#WeAreND

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »