Home

Assassin's Creed: Origins

This is a discussion on Assassin's Creed: Origins within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2017, 11:46 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Assassin's Creed: Origins

Quote:
Originally Posted by DELUS1ONAL
I'm glad they got rid of the looting animation.
Jeez.....everyone hated everything I liked. I loved searching and looting the bodies.
Old 06-13-2017, 11:53 PM   #18
OS Supporter - 12/14/14

DELUS1ONAL's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel77733
Jeez.....everyone hated everything I liked. I loved searching and looting the bodies.
I'm surprised. Looting multiple bodies in one area was kind of a pain.
Old 06-14-2017, 02:48 AM   #19
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DELUS1ONAL
I'm surprised. Looting multiple bodies in one area was kind of a pain.
Why was it a pain? I would simply use eagle vision to see which bodies highlighted and the bodies that didn't means I searched them already. I also like searching the bodies because it makes it more realistic. What can I say besides, im going to miss the old formula and setup.
Old 06-14-2017, 04:05 AM   #20
Rookie

elfdutch's Arena

Well I'm probably one of the few, but really not a fan of the Egypt setting.
Sure, it looks nice but for me AC really shines in cities.

In AC black flag i love the fact that you could be on sea, or in a city. I made for some good variation. I don't see how they are going to do that in this game, as environments will look pretty much the same (although i hope not).

I saw that boss fight against the slaver and it look ugly. Dodge and strike, dodge and strike. I like counters and blocks, and i also like the fact that the main character can kill multiple enemies in melee fight.
Sure, it has been overpowered which could be toned down, but hey : he's a skilled and highly trained assassin which should give him the edge.

Hoping that coming videos will prove otherwise, if not this may be the very first AC game I am going to skip.
Old 06-14-2017, 08:07 AM   #21
OS Supporter - 12/14/14

DELUS1ONAL's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel77733
Why was it a pain? I would simply use eagle vision to see which bodies highlighted and the bodies that didn't means I searched them already. I also like searching the bodies because it makes it more realistic. What can I say besides, im going to miss the old formula and setup.
I never thought to use eagle vision while searching. That's a good idea.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2017, 08:46 AM   #22
Pro

ForeverVersatile's Arena

OVR: 6

I'd rather them have a looting animation and I tweeted them the same. Another thing I'm not feeling is the dash/ dodge animations. Looks like he's sliding around on any surface. They should keep some type of realism in the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-23-2017, 05:36 PM   #23
Bang-bang! Down-down!

Flawless's Arena

OVR: 28

Game of Power trailer

IGN: Gamescom Demo

These environments are incredible looking. Hopefully there's options to toggle off individual HUD elements.

Interactive map

https://assassinscreed.ubisoft.com/g...rld/index.aspx

Gamespot: Why Assassin's Creed Origins Is Actually Black Flag 2

Quote:
"We saw that [RPG mechanics] worked in Black Flag," said Ismail. "And so we decided: "Let's blow it up. Let's have it across the whole game. From combat to stealth to manipulating the environment; everything is tied to a progression system [in Origins]. This was a decision we made very early on."
Origins learns from Black Flag's mistakes, but it also leans heavily on that game's design philosophy. For example, you might infiltrate a military camp to obtain more powerful weapons to strengthen your chances against a tough boss encounter during the main quest line. While recent entries offered entertaining side-missions and collectables, they largely felt detached from its overarching systems. Origins attempts to provide more narrative and mechanical payoff for your time spent in its recreation of ancient Egypt.

"It was our intention to take what we learned from Black Flag and iterate upon that," said Ismail. "Because the feeling that game gave was a sense of openness and exploration, and we took those feelings and we said, 'Okay. We want to hit this and go further.' One element that I personally wasn't as happy with in Black Flag, was we had a good sense of exploration, but not necessarily a sense of discovery. For me there's a difference there. We kept reminding ourselves to provide this feeling in Origins; that you can explore and always find something that rewards you for that exploration."

PC Gamer: Assassin's Creed: Origins hands-on — bigger, livelier, and taking notes from The Witcher 3

Quote:
New character Aya, married to Bayek, could be what holds the story together

Allied with Cleopatra against Ptolemy the Boy King, Aya impresses immediately, and the relationship between the two is made clear and present in every scene they inhabit together—so far. Holding hands, expressing concern at the slightest risk, Bayek and Aya know and love each other deeply, but I wonder what kind of presence they’ll have in the scope of the entire game. Against a backdrop of historical heroes and villains, I hope their relationship takes center stage, reflecting social and political upheaval on an intimate scale.
Quote:
The map is bigger than you think

The Great City of Memphis region, which I’ll touch on in a minute, is already the size of a city from any other mainline Assassin’s Creed game, and then some if you include the surrounding desert regions, dotted with pyramids, temples, and farmland. Zoomed out, the whole map looks to be about 10 times the size of this region, but that's a rough estimate. I think one reason Origins doesn’t demo so well—it’s just very much Assassin’s Creed in a new setting and with some loot at first glance—is because its scope can’t come across until we can trek across the entirety of Egypt for ourselves.
Quote:
The Great City of Memphis sure is great

It’s hard to understate how alive Origins’ locations feel. I keep making the comparison, but it’s fair, I think: The Witcher 3’s open world is one of my favorites, not because it’s brimming with stuff to do, but because it’s built to portray a real place. The landscapes don’t look like Level Design, they look real landscapes. It’s some of the most elaborate table setting a game can manage, and Origins’ Egypt is on track to do exactly that. Memphis is a great example. Not every inch of it is a hoot to climb around, but the architecture, the busy streets full of people at work, the irrigation canals with green reeds at the borders stretching out into farmland before terminating in the white hot sands of the desert—it all looks natural, and quite pretty.
Old 08-24-2017, 08:04 PM   #24
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

2 more videos

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »