Home

Battlefield V

This is a discussion on Battlefield V within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-23-2018, 04:41 PM   #73
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Battlefield V

It sounds good so far but I will wait until EA Play before making any judgement on the game.
Old 05-23-2018, 05:10 PM   #74
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

I was pumped, but I walked away unimpressed.

*I dislike the fortification idea personally. The battlefield and buildings changing during combat is a huge part of the gameplay. If you can just repair buildings the game kind of loses some of the flare or uniqueness of each round.

*No BR mentioned for me is pretty big, considering it's 99% of what I currently play, and I want a really polished/optimized fun BR from either of the big two (DICE or Treyarch). So I'm holding out hope BLOPS4 can provide it!

*The trailer was a let down and what's with the goofy prosthetic?

*No premium pass is a big step in right direction!

*Battlefield V will have to beat out Call of Duty Black Ops 4, that's where I'm currently planning to spend my money.

Last edited by Phobia; 05-23-2018 at 05:19 PM.
Old 05-23-2018, 05:25 PM   #75
MVP

erickonasis's Arena

OVR: 12

They are adding TOOL Boxes like fortnite for this??!!!!

This is ridiculous. One of the best things about BF was that you could DESTROY buildings from people camping in them now they are encouraging it ?

SMH
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2018, 05:51 PM   #76
Rookie

Scary Larry's Arena

OVR: 0

Well, there goes another once great series down the drain. Completely done with Battlefield. Such great times had up through BF4 with friends and with rando's, but these details are pure crap. I mean, didn't you all hear about the Russians stopping to repair the buildings of Stalingrad during the 6 month siege in WW2??

GTFO
Old 05-23-2018, 06:10 PM   #77
JB4MVP

JODYE's Arena

OVR: 8

That trailer was horrible. I want no part of any of it. And it looks like WAY too much is going on now.

They really abandoned a modern day setting for this? Hard pass. Tired of WW1-WW2. It's been done and it is played out. Guess I will wait for the next game.

Old 05-23-2018, 06:14 PM   #78
All Star

LambertandHam's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
It sounds good so far but I will wait until EA Play before making any judgement on the game.
Pretty much my thinking. If the EA Play footage is good, I'll pick it up, if it turns out to be Battlefield Fortnite, I'm out.

PSN: BigGreenZaku

Old 05-23-2018, 07:36 PM   #79
Hall Of Fame

AUChase's Arena

OVR: 35
Thumbs up Re: Battlefield V

The only thing I'm apprehensive about is Fortification, but even if it goes a direction I don't like I know there's a chance I'll still buy the game because I've been doing it for years and Dice still provides the best online shooter experience. On top of that I know everyone in the Clan I'm in will be playing. I hope they are smart enough to understand their player base and it's not an extreme change.

I just hope Fortification is limited to new game modes and it's not a part of Operations or Conquest. Grand Operations sounds like a lot of fun and Operations is mostly what our clan plays now to get the most competitive game because Conquest usually ends up completely one sided.

They also addressed some concerns even talked about on OS about splitting player bases with Premium passes, which is amazing. I'm pretty sure that leads us to a pay for looks route with Battlepacks, but it's better than a competitive advantage by paying more money.

I really do think some need to pump the brakes a little bit and wait this thing out at least until EA Play when we get multiplayer footage and then make a decision. We can all rage accordingly then. If this short press conference was enough to make you jump off the cliff then you were a liability on the Battlefield anyways Haha. After all, this is overreaction sports sometimes.

Last edited by AUChase; 05-23-2018 at 07:52 PM.
Old 05-23-2018, 07:46 PM   #80
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

via GIPHY

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »