Home

Just Cause 4

This is a discussion on Just Cause 4 within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-12-2018, 03:36 PM   #41
Go Wings!

OVR: 41
Re: Just Cause 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
From what I've read, the game was released unfinished (how rare these days!) and developers are working on fixing the graphics and other issues. Not as good as it seemed before release. SQ-EN/AV are under fire...rightfully. Good thing I didn't buy it. Will wait to see what changes patches make. Will probably buy it cheaper/used a bit later. JC2 is still the best.
Reviews were kinda panning it, you're right. A lot of repetition and doesn't really find it's soul or anything unique. I'm cheap, but I'd hold off for a sale anyways...might be fun for a kill fest, but there's probably better games to invest time in right now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2018, 11:08 PM   #42
MVP

OVR: 0

Had this game pre-ordered since the summer as my GCU was expiring so I said, why not? I picked up the game but returned it at the same time. I didn't like or could get into Just Cause 3 so I figured why bother playing a game im not really into? The weird thing is that my favorite site, GamingBolt gave it a 9/10 but it's based on the PC version.

As for any issues and whatnot, that's clearly on Square Enix. It's always the publisher. Rarely if ever is it the developer. Avalanche Studios is good and they're using their new built from the ground up APEX engine and probably needed more time but with Kingdom Hearts 3 in late January and Left Alive in early March, there was no way Square Enix was going to delay the game.

With that said though, the team that developed Just Cause 4 is the New York team, not the Sweden (if I remember correctly) team which developed Mad Max and currently developing RAGE 2. Add in Square Enix and yeah, you're going to have some problems. I would guess that Avalanche needed a few more months and it just wasn't going to happen.
Old 12-12-2018, 11:59 PM   #43
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

Yes, it's not the same studio that developed JC2. Unless JC goes back to the Swedish studio, I will never buy a JC game for full price, it's just not worth it. Unfortunately, because of all the guys who run to pre-order/pre-pay for anything, everyone else suffers and gets unfinished games.

Was thinking of getting Mad Max, but I just can't stand that desert open world, it's so boring to me. Need much more variety, NPCs, cars, cities,more living-breathing world.

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB
Old 12-13-2018, 06:48 AM   #44
Hall Of Fame

DamnYanks2's Arena

OVR: 17

Disappointing.

Sent from my SM-J337VPP using Tapatalk
Old 12-13-2018, 06:05 PM   #45
MVP

Quote:
Yes, it's not the same studio that developed JC2. Unless JC goes back to the Swedish studio, I will never buy a JC game for full price, it's just not worth it. Unfortunately, because of all the guys who run to pre-order/pre-pay for anything, everyone else suffers and gets unfinished games.

Was thinking of getting Mad Max, but I just can't stand that desert open world, it's so boring to me. Need much more variety, NPCs, cars, cities,more living-breathing world.
Pre-ordering has nothing to do with it. Plenty of games don't get high pre-order numbers and still get rushed out the door. All has to do with the publisher as they're simply run by investors and stockholders. Best thing you can do is wait for a sale, rent it or buy it used. I pre-order all my games especially if there's a $10 reward certificate attached to it because well, why not? Worse case scenario - I return the game at the same time I pick it up like I did with Just Cause 4.

Mad Max was freaking awesome. Love that game. 9/10 for me personally. I understand your problem with it in general but for a Mad Max game, what you want wouldn't make any sense. I think it's $5 on PSN which is a steal in my opinion. Think of it as a rental that you don't have to return. LOL.

P.S. - Can't wait for RAGE 2!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2018, 07:53 PM   #46
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

Oh, don't worry, I hardly ever buy brand new games. Mostly buy them used/cheap, even if I have to wait another 6 months to 2 years...I have patience, and video games are not that high priority any more. As far as this publisher/developer I will make sure to buy only used games published/made by SQ-EN/AV, so they don't get my money.

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB
Old 12-16-2018, 11:34 PM   #47
MVP

Quote:
Oh, don't worry, I hardly ever buy brand new games. Mostly buy them used/cheap, even if I have to wait another 6 months to 2 years...I have patience, and video games are not that high priority any more. As far as this publisher/developer I will make sure to buy only used games published/made by SQ-EN/AV, so they don't get my money.
I rarely if ever buy used games. Majority of the time, used games aren't that much less than buying them new and I prefer them to be new. Video Games are my number one priority in terms of entertainment (games, tv shows, movies, football, etc.) so that's where my focus is.

Also, I do like to play games at or near launch, go through them, enjoy them, trade them in and move on to my next game. One main reason for this is that the older a game gets, the less im interested in playing it because there's newer games that I want to play plus the older the game is, the more outdated it could become especially when comparing it to the same genre.

I am surprised that you're buying Just Cause 4 used because you seemed excited for the game as you kept this game topic up to date. I do understand why though.

On a related side note - Easy Allies (Brandon Jones who loves open world games) scored Just Cause 4 a 6.5/10.
Old 12-16-2018, 11:39 PM   #48
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Enjoying it on PC. Ran poorly until I got the game ready drivers.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »