Home

MMO - General Thread

This is a discussion on MMO - General Thread within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2022, 12:03 AM   #33
All Star

OVR: 8
Re: MMO - General Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldon_47
Hey folks, just curious is anyone out there is playing FFXIV lately? Ive been playing it off and on for awhile now but I wouldnt mind having a few regular friends to play with. Especially now that I gotten into the tank role a bit more but I definitely get nervous about joining up with random people. Im always concerned Im going to waste their time by being bad - unlike as a DPS where it doesnt show as much lol. But if anyone wants to play together (Im a pretty casual player) let me know. Im on the Coeurl server by the way.
Have you completed the MSQ or still working on it, and do you have any others that you're running with regularly?

I'm having fun with SWTOR right now, but I wouldn't mind getting back into FFXIV. I think I was a couple of patches shy of finishing Shadowbringers before last time I quit playing. I really do enjoy FF14. IMO it's the best MMO on the market right now, but you really do need a regular group of people to play with. Astro was always my main, but I did start really getting into Dancer last I played.

Last edited by KSUowls; 05-19-2022 at 12:05 AM.
Old 05-19-2022, 06:25 PM   #34
Rookie

aldon_47's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUowls
Have you completed the MSQ or still working on it, and do you have any others that you're running with regularly?

I'm having fun with SWTOR right now, but I wouldn't mind getting back into FFXIV. I think I was a couple of patches shy of finishing Shadowbringers before last time I quit playing. I really do enjoy FF14. IMO it's the best MMO on the market right now, but you really do need a regular group of people to play with. Astro was always my main, but I did start really getting into Dancer last I played.

I recently finished Stormblood and Im currently going through the post expansion quests. My main is a bard at level 80 so Ive been off doing other stuff leveling other classes. I have my warrior and white mage around level 50 and Gunbreaker at like 62. Id like to have a couple different classes around level 70 so I can go through new content and have options of combat styles if I want. But then I get the urge to craft and all of those are around level 60. So Im all over the place!

I put in quite a few hours on SWTOR and ESO and absolutely enjoy them but I always find myself coming back to FFXIV. Just something about it. So if you decide to get back in, feel free to add me! My characters name is Bethany Aesa on Coeurl. And when I get on a crafting spree, I tend to give away whatever I feel like cooking so you would probably get snacks! Lol
Old 05-20-2022, 06:03 PM   #35
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldon_47
I recently finished Stormblood and Im currently going through the post expansion quests. My main is a bard at level 80 so Ive been off doing other stuff leveling other classes. I have my warrior and white mage around level 50 and Gunbreaker at like 62. Id like to have a couple different classes around level 70 so I can go through new content and have options of combat styles if I want. But then I get the urge to craft and all of those are around level 60. So Im all over the place!

I put in quite a few hours on SWTOR and ESO and absolutely enjoy them but I always find myself coming back to FFXIV. Just something about it. So if you decide to get back in, feel free to add me! My characters name is Bethany Aesa on Coeurl. And when I get on a crafting spree, I tend to give away whatever I feel like cooking so you would probably get snacks! Lol
re-subbed. The player search feature sucks since it doesn't work if the person isn't online.
Name - Affy Fury
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2022, 07:33 AM   #36
Rookie

aldon_47's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUowls
re-subbed. The player search feature sucks since it doesn't work if the person isn't online.
Name - Affy Fury
Sounds good. Ill search for you from time to time. I tend to be online more in the weekends but I do go on for a bit after work during the week too.
Old 05-26-2022, 10:03 AM   #37
Just started!

OVR: 0

After a long break, I started playing Final Fantasy XIV again. I am new to this forum and to online gambling. I wanted to ask you about Free Slots No Download. How reliable they are. At https://pokiesman.com/free-slots-no-download/ I read a review of such slots and it seemed like a pretty good option. What do you advise me?

Last edited by Donald Allen; 05-30-2022 at 04:10 AM.
Old 05-31-2022, 08:12 PM   #38
MVP

studbucket's Arena

[General disclaimer about knowing that there have been lots of overhyped and failed MMOs and that this game is probably 2 years out. I acknowledge all this.]

Building on top of the awesome character creator video, the dynamic weather and seasons update from Ashes of Creation look so cool. I've been following the game for 2+ years and my daughter and I are really hopeful this will be a great experience.

Here are some videos if you want to watch.

Shorter Trailer about Weather/Seasons

Longer Developer Chat About Weather/Seasons

Character Creator Preview

🏈RIFLE - a dystopian football league.

🏀Bringing Back the Buzz - my first dynasty.
Old 07-28-2022, 04:38 PM   #39
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

OVR: 0

I only have experience with one MMO RPG and that is World of Warcraft. My time playing and history with it is long, but scattered.

Going into my final year of med school in 2005, I came home to visit my family for the weekend and my sister was playing. I decided to give it a go and I enjoyed it. I played it once a week maybe, just exploring the world and questing until I finished my residency and fellowship in 2011. Was pretty busy with other stuff during that time.

When I started working in the hospital after my fellowship finished in 2011, I started playing a bit more. At this point, I was still not fully committed to sports games or to WoW. But I would say more of my time was spent playing Wow. I did some raiding, mostly in Mists of Pandaria and Warlords of Draenor. But nothing ever too serious. Around 2016, I set the game down and was playing more on my PS4 and playing sports games. Since then, I pick it up and play for about a month per year.

Right now, I have actually gotten tired of sports games and recently got a quality gaming PC and have picked it back up in the causal setting. My wife, who mostly plays Stardew Valley, also plays WoW but usually only when I do and in the same general type of way. Just questing and enjoying the world.

That's my MMO RPG story.

Currently Playing:

NBA 2k24 (PS5)
Farming Simulator 22 (PC)
Elden Ring (PS5)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment
Old 07-29-2022, 12:50 PM   #40
MVP

studbucket's Arena

Thanks for sharing funkycorm - your post inspired me to share what my kids, wife, and I have recently gotten into: a Vanilla WoW private server called Turtle WoW.

They took the Vanilla world and expanded it based on Warcraft 3 lore (instead of the crazy nonsense Blizzard has done post WoTLK - and even before). There are new zones, new quests, new races, new abilities, new loot, new events, and even guild housing.

Here's a snapshot of their features from the website. And it's completely free to play because it's a private server.

🏈RIFLE - a dystopian football league.

🏀Bringing Back the Buzz - my first dynasty.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »