Home

Assassin’s Creed Valhalla

This is a discussion on Assassin’s Creed Valhalla within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-12-2021, 08:37 AM   #201
Hall Of Fame

AUChase's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: Assassin’s Creed Valhalla

I'm only a short amount into the game (maybe 3-4 hours). I love Norse mythology, Vikings, etc. I was a big fan of the actual Vikings show on History early on before they jumped the shark.

Early impressions:

- The world is beautiful. I'm using the 60FPS performance mode on PS5.

- Ubisoft needs to refine their combat. They have been in the game too long to still be rolling out this weird combat where hits don't register, you catch strays not intended for you, etc.. it's really rough around the edges.

- A lot of the early story has so many cuts that it feels like parts of the story are already missing. I don't necessarily mind things being fast forwarded to key events if it's to get the story rolling, but it leaves me feeling disconnected from the story already.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2021, 09:15 AM   #202
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

OVR: 8

Finished up this weekend. 153 hours spent with this masterpiece. I did everything but the Asgard missions and the glitch in the animus missions. Really loved this game. It's easily became my favorite in the series. Only issue I have is that the ending of the main story was kind of anti-climatic. I was looking at the screen like, "that's IT?" Can't complain too much, tho about something that kept me entertained since before Thanksgiving. And I've got to admit, I'm already missing Eivor. He was a great character and I felt really connected to his story. Well done, Ubisoft. I guess Spiderman: Miles Morales is up next for me.
#WeAreND
Old 01-12-2021, 07:06 PM   #203
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I really hope Ubisoft reduces the size of these games going forward. It shouldn’t take 100+ hours to beat a game. Plus this region based Alliance Map stuff forces you to grind through all these quests where 90% of them are forgettable and have nothing to do with any major story point. Go back to major story quest and side quests so I can choose how many I want to do. I couldn’t imagine how long this game would be if I did every “mystery” event too.

The game is fun but damn. I am a completionist and I’d like to be able to hear a game in under 100 hours.
I actually don't mind games being that long tbh but I'm generally in no hurry to finish games likes this. As long as the pace is somewhat fast then I'm good. RDR2 was/is awesome but it's so sloooooooooow.
Old 01-12-2021, 10:14 PM   #204
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

Well, after reading some stuff after finishing the story, I guess I’m gonna have to do the Asgard and Jotunheim missions, now. Lol!
#WeAreND
Old 01-13-2021, 04:22 AM   #205
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
I actually don't mind games being that long tbh but I'm generally in no hurry to finish games likes this. As long as the pace is somewhat fast then I'm good. RDR2 was/is awesome but it's so sloooooooooow.
I gave up on RDR2. I was probably 40 hours in and I finally said enough. Way too slow of evolution in the story and I didn’t feel the gameplay/combat was good enough to keep me hooked. At least with this game doing raids and beating bad guys up is always fun lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2021, 11:57 AM   #206
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

Well I have a bug in Jorvik. The Closing the Vault mission has me talking to people that aren’t around and I have no markers. Not on the map or R3. I had saved part way through it and now it’s screwed. Gonna have to go to the next region I guess.
Old 01-15-2021, 10:55 AM   #207
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

Went and found Mjolnir in Norway. Grabbed Gungnir, too. Still partial to Varin's axe, tho. Lol!
#WeAreND
Old 01-26-2021, 07:35 PM   #208
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

Finished the main story after 105 hours. Didn’t bother with Asgard really. Still one region left to complete. Fun game but way too long. It was so long the devs apparently got bored too as the lips didn’t even move in half the final cut scenes. The story was mediocre at best. I preferred the story in Odyssey and the side characters. I greatly preferred the abundant loot of that game and I liked Kassandra more than Eivor. Odyssey > Valhalla imo. The search for treasures was cool in the game. Combat was fun but the weapons were not balanced well imo. Slow weapons sucked imo. I could use any weapon in Odyssey and enjoy it including heavy and slow ones. The slow weapons were just too darn slow in this game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »