Home

***The Official OOTP Thread***

This is a discussion on ***The Official OOTP Thread*** within the OOTP Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > OOTP Baseball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-08-2022, 06:14 PM   #1169
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: ***The Official OOTP Thread***

new to OOTP. Is there anyway to see velocity on pitches other than FB?
Old 06-29-2022, 05:49 PM   #1170
Banned

OVR: 0
-

I don't know what to think of the trade we just made. I know we have a surplus of OF's in our system but I really liked Gutierrez and thought he was very solid defensively.
Old 07-01-2022, 06:51 PM   #1171
Rookie

OVR: 1

how complete are each years rosters that you start with?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2022, 03:19 PM   #1172
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

How is everyone's time with 23 going?

Just got to the playoffs as the 1st overall wildcard with my Braves. We are facing the Phillies. My offense just died the last 6 months of the season and my team limped to the end with a 16-16 record to end the year, but it seems a few days off helped the team as they took game 1 easily 8-2.

Max Fried pitched a gem and was player of the game. Michael Harris II had a good postseason debut hitting a 2-run HR in his first AB and then followed it up with an RBI single two innings later. I've got Charlie Morton going against Wheeler in game 2. Hopefully my team can get the quick 2-game sweep and head to Los Angeles, but last time Wheeler faced my team he threw 9 innings and got a no decision as my team eventually won 2-1 in the 10th. I'd like this coming game to more resemble game 1 of the series.

― Plato
Old 09-02-2022, 09:21 AM   #1173
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

And of course the next two games played out like the last 30+ did. My Braves scored 4 runs on 19 hits and Jansen blew a save in game 3 and we had a first round exit. I have no idea what happened to the offense to end the year. They just went ice cold. Michael Harris got series MVP despite the loss, though.

― Plato
Old 09-02-2022, 10:51 PM   #1174
All Star

OVR: 8

Had a lot of fun with the game this year. I didn't think I was going to get it this year, but Steam had it half off during their summer sale. It's been fun setting the "correct" rules for baseball lol.

Overall it feels very similar to last year. I can definitely tell that some things seem improved, but nothing groundbreaking.

The 2 areas that do continue to annoy me are

1 - Passed balls. If you do pitch by pitch then you will far exceed what is normal for passed balls/wild pitches. It isn't as bad if you sim though. I've noticed this in prior versions of the game as well. I think the game just doesn't take into account pitchers being a bit more careful with runners on. That's my guess anyway. I also always seem to notice that (even siming) my players have more errors than than similar or even worse rated defenders on other teams. This is even with good coaches and chemistry. This is across a standard and a historical save. I'm not sure if it's just coincidence or this is some kind of player bias.

2 - My number 1 issue with the game is trade logic. There is just no way to get a balanced system, even with the sliders. Elite prospects are ridiculously over valued by the AI unless you turn the slider all the way to value veterans, but that often creates even more issues (even then it might still treat a 20 overall/80 potential player like he's already Mike Trout). I've had many instances where if I try to trade a 60 or 65 rated guy (20/80 scale) rated guy for a 70 potential low level minor league, then it will want my player plus one of my own top prospects. It's like the exact opposite of real life. It does make it harder to cheese the system, but it also makes it difficult to play "realistically". It's definitely better than years past. I don't get trade offers from the AI asking for Acuna while they offer some 4th outfielder in a straight up trade.

Been having fun though. In my historic franchise I took over the 1996 Braves and I was playing every at bat. It was kind of fun seeing the action play out in real time. It was a huge time sink to play that way. Just getting through 1 season was an absolute chore.

My standard game I made a big trade (Max Fried plus 1 or 2 prospects) to pull in Shane Bieber to be my ace, he's had a 4+ ERA every season since he joined the team, but I have won 2 out of 4 World Series. And while not quite a worst to first scenario. 1 season I was trailing the Phillies by like 9 games to start September, came back and won the division which was very exciting.

edit - One final annoyance. I don't understand why "adjust to league averages" option is not set on as default for minor leagues. Without it, you often see guys with insanely high ERAs. Turning it on makes the stats more realistic. I don't understand why it isn't part of the default options package for a standard game.

Last edited by KSUowls; 09-02-2022 at 11:00 PM.
Old 09-04-2022, 08:11 PM   #1175
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

Traded away Fried?! At least you won the WS. He won the Cy Young in my 2022 year and has been lights out so fat to start 2023 off with a 1.75 era in his first 3 or 4 starts.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2022, 08:06 AM   #1176
All Star

OVR: 8

He really fell off after I traded him. He too has had high ERA every season in Cleveland, but at least they got a couple of prospects out of it.

Acuna went off in my first 2 seasons, winning back to back mvps. My most recent season he only hit like 18 HR though which is rather concerning for a guy still in his 20s.

I've regretted letting dansby walk after the first year. I just have not found any offense at SS since then. He wanted a lot of money though and I just couldnt afford that.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > OOTP Baseball »