Home

OOPT 19 - Perfect Team - Do Tell (Brag, Whine and/or Ask)

This is a discussion on OOPT 19 - Perfect Team - Do Tell (Brag, Whine and/or Ask) within the OOTP Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > OOTP Baseball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-27-2018, 11:49 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 2
Re: OOPT 19 - Perfect Team - Do Tell (Brag, Whine and/or Ask)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunN1st
Yep - I also have that card. And my other sleeper card is Dennis Martinez and he’s currently my 5th starter. His ERA floats in the 3.00 - 4.00 ish.

I might need to check out Martinez. My Oswalt card keeps getting worse the higher up that I go.
Old 12-28-2018, 01:42 PM   #18
MVP

RunN1st's Arena

OVR: 20

This season (4) has gone really bad - I left for som R&R with the family and the CPU did a horrible job of running my team (last place). I was tempted to jump in and try to salvage the last 2 months but it’s not worth it. I’ll hop back on Monday.
Old 12-28-2018, 04:22 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

One thing I'd suggest to anyone who's not around enough to see the results of every game is to monitor your rotation closely. I don't know why or how it happened, but I had starting pitchers apparently starting on less than 100 energy because they were throwing 50-60 pitches in games they were doing well in. As a result, my bullpen got overworked and might well be the reason for why I'm still in bronze (aside from low team batting avg. which is another issue entirely). I was using the "strict, on occasion highest rested" setting thinking it would keep the rotation in order, but it seems to have had an extremely adverse effect on the actual games playing out.

It's not my strategy settings, either - the manager hook is very mid-range and shouldn't be pulling guys out when they're pitching well. I'm certain the pulls are due to fatigue.

I put it on "always start highest rested" and I'm using the 7-day lineups now to see if that helps.

Edit: Seems better. Halladay just threw the first CGSO for my team this season, and the rest of the rotation looks to be in line energy-wise. Next step is to see how the off days affect it.

Edit 2: Not the settings after all - it actually is a bug. Didn't know there was a newer build out - I really miss the convenience of Steam right now.

Quote:
Hello everybody!

We have just released a maintenance patch for OOTP 19, the build number is 19.11.129.

It fixes issues in Perfect Team with the pitching rotation going out of sync (when having the auto-submit option enabled) and some display errors on the PT Universe screen.

Also, in the Origin version, the missing "Redeem Perfect Points key" option in the Troubleshooting menu (Profile & Settings tab in PT Home screen) is now available.

Last edited by bcruise; 12-28-2018 at 04:55 PM.
Old 12-28-2018, 07:20 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

Okay, well I really don't get this. I got the up-to-date build, did the auto-fill 7 day lineups again, and within a couple of days I get this:

Darvish scheduled twice in three days, with the off-day in-between. Obviously this should not ultimately happen now that I'm using the "Always start highest rested" so that failsafe should kick in on the 8/24 sim and start someone who's actually rested (should be Archer). I'm not going to manually clear/reset that lineup because I want to make sure that failsafe triggers under auto control. But I don't understand why it set up that "rotation" in the first place. Seems like maybe the bug is still there?

Now I'm really sure this has been costing me some W's.

Update - Yeah, something's still messed up. It didn't start Darvish, but went to my emergency SP - 66 OVR Dave Dravecky - instead. Passing over Archer completely even though he was sitting at 100% (presumably because he was lined up to pitch the next day).

Just going to go without the 7-day lineups and just use the "highest rested" option.

Last edited by bcruise; 12-28-2018 at 09:11 PM.
Old 12-29-2018, 10:04 PM   #21
MVP

I need to dive back into the team this evening. I also need to check out the new build
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2018, 01:14 PM   #22
MVP

RunN1st's Arena

OVR: 20

Turns out that we only missed the playoffs by one game. Too bad I couldn’t turn the team around enough in the 2-days I took over. We ended up over .500 so we hopefully won’t get relegated.

How did you guys end up?
Old 12-30-2018, 02:41 PM   #23
MVP

I ended up missing the playoffs by 5 games. Had an 83 win season, but I could not get Anything going. Ended up going 5-12 to close due to my bullpen blowing up.
Old 12-30-2018, 06:57 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunN1st
Turns out that we only missed the playoffs by one game. Too bad I couldn’t turn the team around enough in the 2-days I took over. We ended up over .500 so we hopefully won’t get relegated.

How did you guys end up?
4th in the division. The "always start highest rested" without the 7 day lineups worked, but a lack of offense really did me in. Even having Degrom and Halladay won't help if you don't score runs.

At least next year starts tomorrow!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > OOTP Baseball »