Home

OOTP 21 - Perfect Team - Do Tell (Brag or Cry)

This is a discussion on OOTP 21 - Perfect Team - Do Tell (Brag or Cry) within the OOTP Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > OOTP Baseball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-19-2020, 01:29 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 2
Re: OOTP 21 - Perfect Team - Do Tell (Brag or Cry)

Fellas, do you have any tips for team settings? IE: global settings for how the engine manages your team? I have a very good collection of hitters on my roster and I am always near the bottom of the league in BA, OBP and OPS+. I feel like my pitching is always ok, but I have now gone three weeks barely scoring runs outside of solo shots.

I have my team balanced for guy’s splits. A good number of different guys start only against their strengths according to their performance numbers/ratings. I am really lost.

Any teams settings you use? Ratings you look for? I have three guys who are mashers in my lineup, and I am ok with lower OBP from them, but I need production form the other 4-5-6 guys.

I also have the standard field setup, so I have not altered my field dimensions etc.
Old 04-19-2020, 08:02 AM   #10
Pro

parent22's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by goillini03
Fellas, do you have any tips for team settings? IE: global settings for how the engine manages your team? I have a very good collection of hitters on my roster and I am always near the bottom of the league in BA, OBP and OPS+. I feel like my pitching is always ok, but I have now gone three weeks barely scoring runs outside of solo shots.

I have my team balanced for guy’s splits. A good number of different guys start only against their strengths according to their performance numbers/ratings. I am really lost.

Any teams settings you use? Ratings you look for? I have three guys who are mashers in my lineup, and I am ok with lower OBP from them, but I need production form the other 4-5-6 guys.

I also have the standard field setup, so I have not altered my field dimensions etc.
Just like in franchise mode, you have to adjust to the players’ strengths. So if you have really fast players, steal more often and run more aggressively.

What league level are you at? The opposition could just be better.

If you’re struggling with OBP, you want to get players with a high eye rating. Players such as Justin Smoak or Joey Gallo will deliver HR and OBP. You could build your roster like the Twins so that all hitters are power hitters.

You could also get silver versions of good lead off hitters.
Old 04-19-2020, 08:17 PM   #11
MVP

RunN1st's Arena

OVR: 20

Well, I lost in the second round of the playoffs because the guy I played against loaded up with diamonds.

All good, I'm opting to stay in the Rookie league since i'm not spending any money and I will likely spend less time micro-managing my team as time goes on. Hope you guys did well!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2020, 10:25 PM   #12
Pro

parent22's Arena

I just finished 71-91 in the Iron League, it looks like I'll be staying there. There were a few teams who went 132-30 that spent hundreds of dollars on the game.

I hope that next season I can be promoted to Bronze, but it'll be tough getting over the hurdle.
Old 04-20-2020, 01:20 PM   #13
MVP

RunN1st's Arena

OVR: 20

Looks like I got promoted to Stone .160
Old 04-20-2020, 02:12 PM   #14
Pro

parent22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunN1st
Looks like I got promoted to Stone .160
Nice man! That’s great! Hopefully your A’s can beat us White Sox at least once when the regular season starts. Maybe twice. Just kidding, but it’s been nice seeing OOTP sims everywhere saying that the White Sox will do well.
Old 07-11-2020, 09:27 AM   #15
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52

So I just started playing and definitely loving it. My highest player is Alex Bregman (97). Still in Rookie league, 12 game lead with 29 games to go.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5f02f879c333247960d25293_2035-08-30_08-28-28.jpg (170.8 KB, 46 views)

Last edited by Scott; 07-11-2020 at 09:31 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2020, 10:15 AM   #16
Pro

parent22's Arena

I just got back into OOTP Baseball 21 and instantly regretted not playing it for a while. The price of cards has gone down which is good for me since I don't spend any money. I was browsing the auction market and there was a 100 overall Mike Trout card, going for 15,000 PP. I instantly bought it, and I can't believe my luck. Best PT moment for me over OOTP 19, OOTP 20, and OOTP 21.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > OOTP Baseball »