Home

MVP 06 NCAA Baseball Announced w/ Screenshots (Xbox)

This is a discussion on MVP 06 NCAA Baseball Announced w/ Screenshots (Xbox) within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2005, 07:40 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: MVP 06 NCAA Baseball Announced w/ Screenshots (Xbox)

YEAH! College Baseball!!!

I cannot wait for the 22-12 games. I hope Jim Rome hears about this one and does a take that man hates college baseball with a passion.
Old 09-08-2005, 09:51 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 16

“MVP 06 NCAA Baseball will allow fans an opportunity to experience college baseball through high tech video that has thrilling game action, along with the exciting team spirit and atmosphere that you see during an actual game. We’re pleased to work with EA on this project that will bring fans even closer to NCAA college baseball.”

I wonder what they mean by "experience baseball through high tech video".

Anyways, I can't wait to find out what the new hitting and throwing systems are. I thought the MVP series was a vast improvement on the other throwing systems and the hitting system also. But, everything gets old and I think it's now time for something new. I would like to see something where you can possibly get throwing errors every once in a while. I'm just really excited to hear about the new hitting and throwing systems.
Old 09-08-2005, 10:41 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rork73
Really silly to keep it away from PC. I guess this shows that they don't feel confident that this game will sell well enough to fund PC development.....

It's been the PC modding community that has made the previous two versions interesting enough for the whole season - not their own slow roster updates.
Hope they will consider that the next time.
I agree that's one thing I've never, ever understood. College sports are so popular, but they never appear as PC versions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2005, 11:34 AM   #12
Pro

acarrero's Arena

OVR: 10

Sounds like the NCAA is working closely w/EA hoping to make college baseball a major sport, this game would help. I don't undertsand why the Jim Romes of the world dislike college baseball and treat it like a joke. So many good players came from college baseball before being good pros. What's the big difference between college basketball and college baseball in relation to the pro leagues? That the media doesn't cover it the same way. The aluminum bats aren't much different in relation than having the 3-point line much closer. The 20-15 games are a thing of the past for the most part. The bats were modified a few years ago and since then it's pitching that wins championships. I think EA had the perfect opportunity to take this chance and I think it's going to work out. There's no reason why college baseball won't continue to grow in popularity in the years to come.
Old 09-08-2005, 03:43 PM   #13
Fum police

ndeezlo's Arena

OVR: 31

PING

Kid Rock, "I'm the catalyst for everything."

Tumblred
Old 09-08-2005, 04:02 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeePride_YP
I don't know, maybe it's just me. But that 2nd screenshot, the player wearing Texas red. That's just beautiful.
Not to be too nitpicky here, but it's not red. It's burnt orange.
Old 09-08-2005, 04:12 PM   #15
Pro

Bruin26's Arena

OVR: 9

I've always wanted a college baseball game, so I am definitely looking forward to this.

I hope we hear that they plan to do a Xbox 360 version as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2005, 04:13 PM   #16
Pro

Bruin26's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanDC8
Not to be too nitpicky here, but it's not red. It's burnt orange.

Although in that pic it does seem to be more red than what I normally see for Texas colors.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »