Home

Snapping the Sports-Gamer Stereotypes

This is a discussion on Snapping the Sports-Gamer Stereotypes within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-15-2009, 11:52 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 6
Next time someone makes fun of you for playing video games, just ask them what they do in their free time and ruthlessly make fun of it.

All hobbies are nerdy. Unless your hobby is going to Vegas, gambling and hanging out at strip clubs. Then you are awesome.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2009, 10:44 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 46
I agree I hate stereotypes
Old 03-16-2009, 01:15 AM   #27
MVP

BSanders's Arena

OVR: 11
I think the bigger issue is some people actually care what other people think when it comes to what they enjoy. I suggest anyone using stereotypes these days... wake up and Get a Life!. The truth is I have a real good life but if I was a guy living in a box playing Atari 2600 and enjoying life what would be the problem? The problem is to many beer commercials... You don't need a 30 pack to be active outdoors or tattoos to be cool.
Old 03-16-2009, 11:32 AM   #28
MVP

OVR: 21
Ironic that many of the people who call gamers losers probably also have a hobby that others consider a waste of time. To each their own. What about those who spend hours on end on tmz.com, worrying about celebrities who don't even know that they exist? What's so healthy about that?
Old 03-17-2009, 09:00 AM   #29
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Snapping the Sports-Gamer Stereotypes

nm

Last edited by JayhawkerStL; 03-17-2009 at 07:17 PM.
Old 03-17-2009, 04:32 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 10
I'm 44, married with 4 kids. Full time corporate day job plus a part time (12-14 hours/week) job.
I try to balance all this while mixing in my favorite hobby/down time activity, which happens to be sports video gaming. I do find myself unnecessarily justifying my gaming with my in-laws and other folks at times cuz I ask myself if I should have "moved on" from video gaming by now. Yeah, at times other tasks go undone cuz I put gaming ahead of them-which leads directly to the "lazy" label I suppose. But the grass can wait another couple days, right??!!

And I do agree, there are much worse things a guy could be doing with his off time.

And hey, if EA had put out a decent next/new gen Madden by now, if The Show was available on the 360, and if APFootball had a Franchise mode, my time playing video games would have maybe doubled by now...so I guess I should actually thank them all! (couldn't resist).

IT'S WHAT WE DO
Old 03-17-2009, 06:58 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 21
Totally agree; it's no better or no worse than any other hobby. That's all it is.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »