Home

Sports Gamer Bucket List: Hudginson Edition

This is a discussion on Sports Gamer Bucket List: Hudginson Edition within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-05-2009, 08:00 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Sports Gamer Bucket List: Hudginson Edition

I can’t get enough of lists. Whether it’s politics, food, drink, or sports. It’s my new vice of the moment. If you put Top 5, 10, 100 in it, I’ll probably read it. I watched the 2007 film The Bucket List a while ago, and thought about my own list. I have a personal one that I’m doing for sports (watched an Iron Bowl on the field…check, playing a round at the Old Course…not yet). But I haven’t seen a sports video game bucket list done in some time. So I decided to do a Sports Gamer Bucket List of games that I have and of future games down the road.

Read More - Sports Gamer Bucket List: Hudginson Edition
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2009, 08:29 PM   #2
MVP

stlstudios189's Arena

OVR: 41
I want to play an entire 162 game season in baseball
Win a National Championship with Toledo in NCAA football CH2K8
Win a NBA title in 7 games
Lead the league in scoring on NHL 09
Old 06-05-2009, 08:35 PM   #3
Banned

bulls23's Arena

OVR: 20
Great article. I've played sports games since before they started having licensed teams and full seasons. It's hard to believe I've only won 1 championship in all those years on any video game. That was on NBA Live 96 with the Chicago Bulls. I have fulfilled 162 games in a baseball season on ALL STAR BASEBALL 2004 with the St. Louis Cardinals, only to be beaten in the NLCS by San Francisco in 5 games.
Old 06-06-2009, 03:40 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6
i have a mame arcade in my basement. i have a dry erase board that is 4 foot large.... we put high scores on there. the most coveted spot? 100 yrd dash, then shot put, then real games, donkey kong ect
Old 06-06-2009, 09:51 AM   #5
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Sports Gamer Bucket List: Hudginson Edition

I've completed, count them, 5 years of an MVP Baseball 2005 dynasty. Played every single game. But that's what happens when you own a game for almost half a decade. I still have it despite upgrading to a PS3 and MLB 09: The Show this year. I've had urges to play it again, because I do still play my XBOX. I think one day I'm going to pick it back up, for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2009, 11:16 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 10
Your chances of ever playing The Augusta National Golf Club's main course in a videogame is absolute nil. Sorry that you have to experience that but this is simply out of the question. There is a reason it is 56 minutes of golf on CBS. Bobby Jones was an amateur. That's in, no money for anything performance related. The joy of playing in a competition. That is the tradition of The Augusta National Golf Club. It is not a Country Club, there are no compromises. They will never, ever need the money. Ever.

And you will never play an EA Sports game with Augusta National as an option.

I do not say this to be contrarian. I say this as a former Editor-in-Chief of a golf magazine with intimate information on this subject matter.

Imagine how you feel about a used condom in the toilet afterwards.

This is the feeling of the members at Augusta National about silly "video games".

Serious.
Old 06-08-2009, 01:52 PM   #7
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Sports Gamer Bucket List: Hudginson Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stain
Your chances of ever playing The Augusta National Golf Club's main course in a videogame is absolute nil. Sorry that you have to experience that but this is simply out of the question. There is a reason it is 56 minutes of golf on CBS. Bobby Jones was an amateur. That's in, no money for anything performance related. The joy of playing in a competition. That is the tradition of The Augusta National Golf Club. It is not a Country Club, there are no compromises. They will never, ever need the money. Ever.

And you will never play an EA Sports game with Augusta National as an option.

I do not say this to be contrarian. I say this as a former Editor-in-Chief of a golf magazine with intimate information on this subject matter.

Imagine how you feel about a used condom in the toilet afterwards.

This is the feeling of the members at Augusta National about silly "video games".

Serious.
I love a good comparison, and that was a golden comparison. Thanks for the laugh my friend.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »