Home

OS Roundtable: What Will Be the Story of 2011 for Sports Gaming?

This is a discussion on OS Roundtable: What Will Be the Story of 2011 for Sports Gaming? within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-19-2010, 03:56 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 7
Also...another thing i would like to see is MLB 11 THE SHOW to incorporate a sweet game mode NBA 2K11 has. That is the "Today" mode. How sweet would this be. I mean, the commentary for MLB is already off the charts, but if they incorporate a MLB TODAY mode and they talk about all the stuff thats going on in real time like NBA does, it will be mind-blowing. Example, you are playing with the Nationals and randomly in the 3rd inning, Dave Campbell breaks into reporter mode and starts talking about how Stephen Strausberg's rehad sessions are going. SWEEETTTT!!!
Old 12-19-2010, 06:54 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 19
I personally think that once MLB 2k11 gets released, it will generate alot of word of mouth buzz. Sales for MLB2k11 wil increase, partly due to the success of NBA 2k11.

Please oh Please let there be a release for the college hoops 2k series. but thats probably unlikely. A release like this would be hard to keep under wraps, especially during the devlopment phase which would already be up and running.

NBA 2k11 is a great game, I dont beleive that it has reahed it full potential yet. This years version actually opened up alot of endless possibilities for new features and implementations. I only see the game improving, might not jump in leaps and bounds but none-the-less will improve.

The delay of Elite will give developers and producers more time to study the 2k model, resulting in a solid release. theyll basically pick up where live 10 left off, which isnt a bad place to start.

other than the release of a colleg hoops title. I agree with the statement of 2011 being normal, without any great stories.
Old 12-19-2010, 08:41 PM   #35
24 Forever

mike24forever's Arena

OVR: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by crandolph
FOOTBALL:
The biggest story of the year will be "the story of next year"...follow me...the biggest storry of 2011 will happen around November and it will ALL be around NFL 2K division BECAUSE 2K will begin the creation of their new NFL licensed game for 2013. There will be widespread news about how 2K is going to go all out for the licensing and give the fans what they want. The new 2K football game will be similar to all the buzz Gran Turismo 5 got in 2008.

BASEBALL:
MLB 11 will not be as big of a success as we think it will. The analog controls will be a pain in the beginning and the responsivness will be better in MLB 12, but it will still sell like hotcakes. MLB 12 will be the catalyst to which all baseball games will be judged. And as stated by others, MLB 2K12 will be the final year of baseball for 2K BUT MVP Baseball will be revitalized by EA.

GOLF:
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12 will be created without a hiccup and will sell moderately. That moderation will eventually lead into EA dropping the Tiger Woods name in late 2011 and creating "PGA Tour Golf 2013" the following year.....POSSIBLE HUGE NEWS: If Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12 "tanks," dont be surprised if 2K Sports attacks the golf gaming world and tried to create a golf game rivaling EA's Tiger Woods series. If this happens, it would be PHENOMENAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BASKETBALL:
NBA 2K12 will be a great game. Historic teams will be introduced to a greater extent. Since 2K11 made so much money, they company will have more money to spend and hand out to more of the historic players for licensing, which will in-turn let most all NBA teams have atleast 2 major classic teams.

MISCELLANEOUS:
-The EA Sports division will begin its major crumble into oblivion. (eventually Madden and Fifa will branch off to become their own entities and the "EA Sports" moniker will be no more and will be renamed EA World: which will include all Electronic Arts games...............................dreaming..i know)

-Sad news: 2K Sports will adopt the same STUPID idea that EA has of online access codes for $9.99
I hate trolls!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2010, 08:53 PM   #36
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: OS Roundtable: What will be the story of 2011 for sports gaming?

I feel there will be something completely unexpected that happens next year. No real reason for that feeling... just have that feeling.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Old 12-20-2010, 06:35 AM   #37
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms24forever
I hate trolls!
ms24forever: I hate trolls! ........................................uh.......y ea, i hate trolls too
Old 12-20-2010, 07:16 AM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: OS Roundtable: What will be the story of 2011 for sports gaming?

All the best for 2011 gaming.
Old 12-20-2010, 09:16 AM   #39
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadthedad
Drum roll please! The biggest sports gaming story of 2012 will be............Madden 2012. Mark my words, Madden Armageddon will rival the efforts of the show and 2k basketball. Get ready!
I agree with Chase Becotte. Sadly Madden's improvements won't be nearly enough to make it any more than a mediocre game. NHL 11 will rest on the laurels of NHL 10, as will NBA and FIFA. Which isn no bad thing as these games are all pretty decent.

We'll have to wait another year before NFL gets its act together. (Sheesh, I really hope I'm wrong though).
Old 12-20-2010, 05:00 PM   #40
MVP

OVR: 28
I think the big story is going to be how EA, or some other company, utilizes what EA did with MMA where you have live announcers call the game of the week. Fight Night may incorporate this but I can also see EA looking for ways to implement this into Madden, NBA and NHL games.

I think 1 vs 100 is the link. All the people that participated in that game on XBL and the prizes, not to mention a live show each week. I think this is the model and wave of the future to help bolster the online experience. Could you imagine Gus Johnson doing the play by play for a live game? Damn....

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »